PDA

View Full Version : Ezac!!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Biddco
03-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Too soon. If none of the ECAC teams win tomorrow, we are going to have a laugh on this thread. Be wary.

BU2K
03-24-2012, 01:02 AM
BU vs. RPI last season, 4-1 win? Or is quite a few NCAA titles and making the tournament season after season not considered accomplishing something to you? But I'm sure you'll come up with some other red herring for your argument, about MA being a tax state or something. Any team that makes the NCAA tournament is impressive, period.
Great comparison. And BU was undefeated in NCAA Tourney play last year...

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-24-2012, 01:03 AM
"state that isn't riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes."

I did not realize North Dakota was such an easy out.That's meth labs and trailers. :rolleyes:

We drive decent cars and are pretty accurate with a firearm...

Try again, sparky.

:D

TripleE
03-24-2012, 01:03 AM
What does it say about you guys that immediately pounce on us?

That those teams and conferences have been there, done that, so if you're trying to argue that your conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA ... then taking a reaction similar to when a mid-major wins a game in the BBall tourney is counter-productive to your hoped perception.

I'm not saying don't be happy, don't celebrate. But this forum has team specific and conference specific threads. Making a new one just to attract attention to the fact that these teams finally won a couple games gets perceived as over-compensating. Again, ruining your own point.

Look, Lowell made their first tourney appearance in over a decade, and hey! They even won a hockey game! Whaddya know? And of course I enjoy when Hockey East succeeds and I was rooting for them. But their win didn't make me want to start an attention-seeking thread that was simply

YYEEEEAAAAAAAA HOCKEY EAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a Lowell thread. There's a Hockey East thread. There's a thread specific to that regional. Plenty of spots to add my two cents, my cheers, my jeers. If it's not a big upset, or seemingly uncommon, why would I have to act like a tool and draw MORE attention to it.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Dirty, what kind of test do you have on that line?A grenade, most likely...

Dirty
03-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Dirty, what kind of test do you have on that line?

Who knows. I'm not even correct about at least 50% of the stuff I've said in this thread. People don't even care though!

BU2K
03-24-2012, 01:07 AM

Dirty
03-24-2012, 01:10 AM

UHall6
03-24-2012, 01:12 AM
That those teams and conferences have been there, done that, so if you're trying to argue that your conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA ... then taking a reaction similar to when a mid-major wins a game in the BBall tourney is counter-productive to your hoped perception.

I'm not saying don't be happy, don't celebrate. But this forum has team specific and conference specific threads. Making a new one just to attract attention to the fact that these teams finally won a couple games gets perceived as over-compensating. Again, ruining your own point.

Look, Lowell made their first tourney appearance in over a decade, and hey! They even won. And of course I enjoy when Hockey East succeeds and I was rooting for them. But their win didn't make me want to start an attention-seeking thread that was simply

There's a Lowell thread. There's a Hockey East thread. There's a thread specific to that regional. Plenty of spots to add my two cents, my cheers, my jeers. If it's not a big upset, or seemingly uncommon, why would I have to act like a tool and draw MORE attention to it.

First, again, I don't think anyone said anything remotely close to our "conference stands toe to toe with HE/WCHA/CCHA". I think the point is more that since you guys think we are so truly awful, maybe, just maybe, a win actually demonstrates that we can in fact put together a decent team. Seriously, you guys pile on even when we aren't drawing attention to ourselves. Check out the blog comments during the regular season. For some bizarre reason WCHA fans like to go into the ECAC blog and tell us how awful we are. And WCHA fans infiltrate the team specific forum threads as well. If our banter was limited to a team or league or regional thread I guarantee you there would be people in their dumping on us. And honestly, if my team had seven titles I wouldn't go looking for people to put down. But that's me.

hockeyplayer1015
03-24-2012, 01:13 AM
2753... oh wait, we aren't putting the last 4 of our social down?

Kepler
03-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Strange thread. The only way to win is not to play.

Slap Shot

Meh. I for one am happy for fans like Lynah and Kepler but should Cornell meet UM hope they weep in the end. :)

Friggin post!!! ;)

GoMaine24

I don't get it? Avg ECAC Attendence??

:p

MinnesotaNorthStar

Wait...that's the combination on my luggage...

Dirty
03-24-2012, 01:16 AM
I don't get it? Avg ECAC Attendence??

:p

I thought we were guessing the number of years before a ECAC team wins a national championship.

ibanezist00
03-24-2012, 01:17 AM

Look, Lowell made their first tourney appearance in over a decade, and hey! They even won a hockey game! Whaddya know? And of course I enjoy when Hockey East succeeds and I was rooting for them. But their win didn't make me want to start an attention-seeking thread that was simply

I don't think anyone here said anything about standing close to the accomplishment levels of HE, WCHA or CCHA, but if that inference wants to be made, then fine.

Take a look at any of the ECAC team/league threads during the regular season, and I guarantee you'll see quite a few "dedicated" college hockey "fans" taking a deuce on the ECAC and all it stands for. Considering that most of that talk is "EZAC IS AWFULS LOL", maybe a win or two in the NCAA tournament shows that the ECAC may be able to actually put together a somewhat decent hockey team? Even when the ECAC fans don't have a thread such as this, the dumping-on seems to take place without prompt. If the team I rooted for had a total of NCAA titles approaching or in the double-digits, I wouldn't go looking to crap on other leagues' teams. Just some food for thought.

TripleE
03-24-2012, 01:19 AM
For some bizarre reason WCHA fans like to go into the ECAC blog and tell us how awful we are. And WCHA fans infiltrate the team specific forum threads as well.

Well, if that's true, I still don't understand the attention seeking thread.

If the bully harasses you at school, why draw attention to yourself by antagonizing him on the playground too?

UHall6
03-24-2012, 01:23 AM

If the bully harasses you at school, why draw attention to yourself by antagonizing him on the playground too?

Which raises the questions: What the heck is wrong with the bully? And how is celebrating a win suddenly antagonizing?

ibanezist00
03-24-2012, 01:25 AM

A thread titled "Ezac!!!!!!" in which the initial post stated something along the lines of "Nice win boys!" is antagonizing? Color me surprised. If HE or AHA came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.

Gurtholfin
03-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Which raises the questions: What the heck is wrong with the bully? And how is celebrating a win suddenly antagonizing?

A thread titled "Ezac!!!!!!" in which the initial post stated something along the lines of "Nice win boys!" is antagonizing? Color me surprised. If HE or AHA came up with a celebratory thread, I wouldn't go into it trolling and telling them how much they actually suck.

http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/WhinyCat.jpg