Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ezac!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Call me when a EZAC team beats someone who's actually accomplished something in college hockey. The teams they beat tonight were hardly impressive.
    By definition, every winner in the NCAA tournament beats a loser. Michigan was #2 in PWR. w tee ef do you want?
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Call me when a EZAC team beats someone who's actually accomplished something in college hockey. The teams they beat tonight were hardly impressive.
      BU vs. RPI last season, 4-1 win? Or is quite a few NCAA titles and making the tournament season after season not considered accomplishing something to you? But I'm sure you'll come up with some other red herring for your argument, about MA being a tax state or something. Any team that makes the NCAA tournament is impressive, period.
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
        Congrats on a couple wins, but it's going to take more than a pair of 1st round wins to earn the: "Who's Bad Now?!" approach.

Sending 1 team to Tampa would be a start. The ECAC hasn't had a rep in the FF in NINE years. Both Atlantic Hockey and the disbanded CHA have sent reps more recently than that.

And even if they send a FF rep for the first time in almost a decade, it's been 22 years since the conference won a FF game, and 23 years since they produced a national champ.

If I were a fan of an ECAC team, I would probably be humble, quiet and sit back and enjoy this day, and then root hard tomorrow.

I wish both teams the best of luck going forward, and it would be fun to see one or both advance....but let's get realistic: March 23rd, 2012 did not single handedly redeem and revive the conference.
        I don't think anyone said today erased years of bad history. But your response and that of Dirty and Brenthoven is pretty typical and expected. In addition to ripping on the ECAC they need to go after the entire state of Michigan. Stay classy.

Comment

Michigan was the overall #2 seed. Maybe not impressive to you, but even KRACH ranked them second only to BC. That's pretty impressive...

Comment

Originally posted by UHall6 View Post
            I don't think anyone said today erased years of bad history. But your response and that of Dirty and Brenthoven is pretty typical and expected. In addition to ripping on the ECAC they need to go after the entire state of Michigan. Stay classy.
            +1. Ibanezist00 likes this. Insert other social networking reference here.

Comment

I don't think anyone said today erased years of bad history. But your response and that of Dirty is pretty typical and expected. Stay classy.
              Congrats on your win today buddy. But it means nothing in the large scheme of things if Union and Cornell go lay eggs tomorrow and both lose.

It's simple, let the play on the ice do the talking. Recently the ECAC's play hasn't done any talking, it's going to take a lot more than a couple 1st round wins to change that. Get to the FF, get to the National Title game, win a title and it will shut a lot of people up.
              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Who thought michigan state would beat union?

Union winning was expected by most

Comment

Any team who has less national championships than Michigan Tech since the Eisenhower Administration is hardly impressive. Just as simply making the tournament is hardly impressive. As far as RPI beating BU last year, it wasn't even in the NCAA tournament so who cares? And likely the only reason they did win that game was because the BU players were preoccupied deciding which coeds they were going to rape that night. When RPI did get to the tournament last year they got pasted.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

What. Ch'you. Talkin. Bout. Willis?!

Please read that again and elaborate on...

1. Where I showed poor sportsmanship or class.
                    2. What about my post was 'typical and expected'. If you admit that one good day didn't erase years of bad history, then??? I'm so confused with your problem with my post because I pretty much laid that point out, and wished them luck.

hyper-defensive is one thing. But read my post before you get that way. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                      If I were a fan of an ECAC team, I would probably be humble, quiet and sit back and enjoy this day, and then root hard tomorrow.
                      I agree, but if were a non-ECAC fan I wouldn't dismiss what happened today and simply say, "Congrats".

So, "Congrats" and good luck. (yeah, I made that a little less simple)

Comment

Any team who has less national championships than Michigan Tech since the Eisenhower Administration is hardly impressive. Just as simply making the tournament is hardly impressive. As far as RPI beating BU last year, it wasn't even in the NCAA tournament so who cares? And likely the only reason they did win that game was because the BU players were preoccupied deciding which coeds they were going to rape that night. When RPI did get to the tournament last year they got pasted.
                        So by your own standards, then, you're just a fan of whatever team wins the tournament every year.

You asked me to come up with an example of when an ECAC team beat a team that "accomplished something" in college hockey, and I did. You say that isn't good enough of an example because the team was thinking of who to rape while playing, or something, which has absolutely nothing to do with the point I am trying to make. I'm done with you since you apparently like to debate using nothing but red herrings; the classy thing to do would be to congratulate the ECAC teams on their wins and move on, just like I congratulate AHA, WCHA, CCHA, and HE teams for their wins and then I move on.

Comment

Who has less championships than tech, post Eisenhower?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                            Congrats on your win today buddy. But it means nothing in the large scheme of things if Union and Cornell go lay eggs tomorrow and both lose.

It's simple, let the play on the ice do the talking. Recently the ECAC's play hasn't done any talking, it's going to take a lot more than a couple 1st round wins to change that. Get to the FF, get to the National Title game, win a title and it will shut a lot of people up.
                            This isn't specifically directed at you but most people don't just rip us for the lack of titles. They say our teams don't even belong in the tournament. I don't think you have to win it all to prove you belong in the tournament. 15 teams are going to end the season with a loss.

And really, the first two posts (one of which was mine) weren't even bragging. They were celebrating. What does it say about you guys that immediately pounce on us?

Comment

I've already covered this. BU has less titles than Michigan Tech since the Eisenhower Administration. Not impressive.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Sorry Dirty, thought you were referencing Michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X