X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    No. He was right. The game ended as soon as that happened. That's why it was a hit post and not a scored goal.
    People can be sarcastic all the want...the reality was that goal stunned BU and gave BC unbelievable confidence. BU played hesitantly the rest of the game and BC played aggressively as though they could smell it. The entire atmosphere in the building changed. (and I don't really care what anyone thinks - that's the way I saw it - so laugh away if you want)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      People can be sarcastic all the want...the reality was that goal stunned BU and gave BC unbelievable confidence. BU played hesitantly the rest of the game and BC played aggressively as though they could smell it. The entire atmosphere in the building changed. (and I don't really care what anyone thinks - that's the way I saw it - so laugh away if you want)
      I can tell you she is absolutely serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Marchaud View Post
        As for the Worcester game, I assume you mean the first round drubbing by BC. Frankly, I thought we were doomed before that game was even played. It was the worst possible draw for us in the entire tourney field, IMO. We had beaten BC, I think, 5 straight that year (regular season, BP, HE Championship - on Yip's OT goal). Each time the margin of victory got thinner and thinner. It's really tough to beat a good team six times in a row and some nights the roof just caves in. And wasn't the first goal a D-to-D pass giveaway right in front to Boyle?
        Thank you. At least someone objectively remembers what happened in that game. You're exactly right...BC came into that game almost KNOWING they could win. You could see the confidence, as if they were saying "There is NO WAY you are going to beat us AGAIN." That first goal totally deflated BU. No, Scarlet, they didn't cancel the game after that first goal, but they may as well have, because it was effectively over at that point...

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Thank you. At least someone objectively remembers what happened in that game. You're exactly right...BC came into that game almost KNOWING they could win. You could see the confidence, as if they were saying "There is NO WAY you are going to beat us AGAIN." That first goal totally deflated BU. No, Scarlet, they didn't cancel the game after that first goal, but they may as well have, because it was effectively over at that point...
            Sometimes a wheel comes off... it happens. Not sure we can pin it on any one thing... (motivation, confidence, gameplan etc etc). For us though, that was about the worst possible time / opponent for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              I think right now Cory is an outstanding goalie who should be in a spot to play every night...

BUT

If y'all have fields and curry instead of matti and touchdown Cory at the time, you'd probably have 3 or 4 more nc right now.
              Your teams were stacked out front. Outshoot bu 40-8 and lose 2-1
              Ah mookie, you spent too much time in the sun down in Florida I see.

If you think Curry would take his DAZZLING save % of .845 and 3.89 GAA in the NCAAs and translate that into a national title at BC, you are high on something.

I could buy Fields for Matti maybe. Fields was way better than Curry IMO.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Um, what part of my post that backed you up 100% did not come through? There were no rolling eyes smiley or anything to indicate that I did nothing but agree with your post in its entirety. I saw that goal happen as if it were in slow motion and literally felt how it basically sucked all the air out the BU fanbase and saw exactly what you just said - that it stunned BU. The change in atmosphere was palpable. I may not agree with most of what you post but you were spot on with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I can tell you she is absolutely serious.
                  Or, you know, what Brian said.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                    I think it is worse than described. On many campuses they aren't the 'no social skills' crowd...in some houses they are quite the opposite which actually leads to more problems...girls (i.e. freshman girls) are more succeptible to the guys who look the part but, once in a group/mob, have no compunction lowering themselves to the worst behavior possible.

Obviously there are different scenarios at each campus but from what I have seen and heard, the unruly behavior of the BU hockey team, in its history, is one semester at some of these places.

If you've ever sat around and listened to stories from a few frat brothers at a wedding, HS reunion or party, what they share and recall as 'good times' usually involves a fair amount of illegal activity regarding young girls and booze. As individuals, most of these guys are probably not an issue, as a group they devolve into behavior that is beyond 'school boy antics'. That they cover for each other and use the group to intimidate others is a big reason why they are able to persist. It seems schools are doing a much better job than they used to to curtail and eliminate the worst of the bunch...mostly due to legal risks, not because they really care.

The story I remember is that BU's history with frats changed markedly in the 70's when frats housed differing sides of the social battles in the US (ROTC vs. anti-war) and the environment resulted in the school eliminating frats. Add Silber's No Fun Allowed policies and frats were struggling to create even off-campus existence.
                    While much of what you say is true, let me offer a different perspective. My daughter's experience (sorority at Quinnipiac) and son's experience (fraternity at UConn) are 180 degrees opposed to what you've stated here (and what was going on in Allston). Her sorority has a significant philanthropic focus, running a number of events/fundraisers oriented towards supporting victims of domestic abuse. She made many friends who will be life long friends.
                    My son just returned from an alternative spring break in Indianapolis. He, along with 12 other fraternity and sorority members from UConn, worked renovating a shelter for domestic abuse victims and doing tornado clean up in the Indianapolis area. He is the philanthropy chairman and his fraternity has run numerous fund raising events for a number of causes; this was what attracted him to this particular frat in the 1st place. From what I can tell from meeting many of his frat brothers, they appear to be cut from the same cloth. Sometimes, it isn't about getting wasted, scoring chicks (incredibly demeaning to women) and illegal activity.
                    Sometimes, college kids can show a surprising amount of maturity. If that's the exception, I'm glad it is an exception I am familiar with.
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Um, what part of my post that backed you up 100% did not come through? There were no rolling eyes smiley or anything to indicate that I did nothing but agree with your post in its entirety. I saw that goal happen as if it were in slow motion and literally felt how it basically sucked all the air out the BU fanbase and saw exactly what you just said - that it stunned BU. The change in atmosphere was palpable. I may not agree with most of what you post but you were spot on with that one.
                      Sorry...I misinterpreted what you wrote. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        My daughter's experience (sorority at Quinnipiac) and son's experience (fraternity at UConn) are 180 degrees opposed to what you've stated here (and what was going on in Allston).
                        Would there perhaps be any correlation to the fact that both of these campuses are relatively "rural" in comparison to BU??

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Ah mookie, you spent too much time in the sun down in Florida I see.

If you think Curry would take his DAZZLING save % of .845 and 3.89 GAA in the NCAAs and translate that into a national title at BC, you are high on something.

I could buy Fields for Matti maybe. Fields was way better than Curry IMO.
                          Fields was better than curry. Curry was well taught and took gera's direction well. He was very technical. But did have places to be beat with good shots.

Fields stole games. He playe on crappy teams (in fact Ryan Whitney's only collegiate goal of any significance was scored on fields) and stepped up big time. He absolutely should have left school after his jr year and cashed in. C'est la vie.
                          Matti gave up bad goals. Goals the deflated the tires righ out from under his team. Must have been osmosis on touchdown Cory for his first years.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Matti did indeed give up some bad goals, but BC only scored two total goals in his two NCAA losses (one QF and one SF). You can't expect to win 1-0 with any goalie...not even Sean Fields

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              did you factor in the disallowed goals?

macarthur scored more goals on curry than he did on schneider. ergo, schneider is better
                              MacArthur scored four goals against Schneider. I don't remember him scoring any on Curry. Was he at fault for the 1-0 loss in 06-07 at Agganis?

Comment

Wow forgot about that one. Must have been him then...I do remember an own goal winning it for BC. Even after watching on replay many times I had no idea what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X