X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    FWIW, AEPi is not recognized by BU and hasn't been for a very long time. I knew people in my dorm when I first got to BU that rushed AEPi and had to deal with hazing-type incidents. I don't remember hearing anything quite like that, but they were known to be ******nozzles.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      FWIW, AEPi is not recognized by BU and hasn't been for a very long time. I knew people in my dorm when I first got to BU that rushed AEPi and had to deal with hazing-type incidents. I don't remember hearing anything quite like that, but they were known to be ******nozzles.
      Can someone explain to me the point of fraternities?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Can someone explain to me the point of fraternities?
        If you have no social skills to make friends and get girls, you join a fraternity. There, you automatically have friends in your frat brothers and the house throws parties where you can get girls drunk (and probably roofied too) and then get laid.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          If you have no social skills to make friends and get girls, you join a fraternity. There, you automatically have friends in your frat brothers and the house throws parties where you can get girls drunk (and probably roofied too) and then get laid.
          Huh... that's what I was thinking.. pretty much sums it up huh?

Comment

NHL players is only one measure. Cory Schneider is playing (rather well) in the NHL. John Curry is not. But in their college days, I was happy we had Curry and they had Schneider.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              I can't really say a whole lot about the task force, but I would just advise people to not make this assumption. It's wrong, plain and simple. I met with a couple members of the task force and I can guarantee you they're taking this seriously and exploring everything. None of them would've even bothered joining if it was gonna be a whitewash, or if it had been put together simply for PR purposes. And although their task is to focus on the hockey team, they are looking at the larger BU culture as well. It isn't their primary focus, but if they come to the conclusion that BU as a whole is the problem, one of their recommendations could be to delve deeper into that.
              This is good to know. I would love to be proven wrong about this because it will mean that BU is improving. That's more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Marchaud View Post
                NHL players is only one measure. Cory Schneider is playing (rather well) in the NHL. John Curry is not. But in their college days, I was happy we had Curry and they had Schneider.
                You were happy to have one HE title compared to two, zero FFs compared to two, and you were happy to have Curry in that notorious Worcester game?

Comment

OK. When you came to this conclusion, were you under the influence of any controlled substances?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    You were happy to have one HE title compared to two, zero FFs compared to two, and you were happy to have Curry in that notorious Worcester game?
                    In all fairness, that game was over after the "giveaway" and Boyle's goal, which you can't blame Curry on...

Comment

The game was over? Come on. BU hit the post later in the period and I believe it was only 1-0 halfway thru the game (or something like that).

Comment

The game was over? Come on. BU hit the post later in the period and I believe it was only 1-0 halfway thru the game (or something like that).
                        No. He was right. The game ended as soon as that happened. That's why it was a hit post and not a scored goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          OK. When you came to this conclusion, were you under the influence of any controlled substances?
                          Just for the sake of argument.... Given the goalie situation, are you and jd saying the the skater in front of the goalie were equal? The bu fwd were = to bc fwds? The d were interchangeable?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I know you are smarter than that. You can't take the team results from their years and say that it was all about the goalies. And don't forget, if I am remembering correctly, Curry played that final game in Worcester with a torn labrum.

NHL players is only one measure.
                            True it is only one measure... but a big impact future NHL'er can make a huge difference to a team. It isn't surprising that the best college teams generally have one or two of these.
                            Last edited by ericredaxe; 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I think right now Cory is an outstanding goalie who should be in a spot to play every night...

BUT

If y'all have fields and curry instead of matti and touchdown Cory at the time, you'd probably have 3 or 4 more nc right now.
                              Your teams were stacked out front. Outshoot bu 40-8 and lose 2-1
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So is Kurker leaving BU or not?
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X