X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    I don't get it. Did Pomichter have a lot of turnovers in the National Championship game vs. Lake Superior?
    Not sure what you're asking here. If it was the first part of my post - he left after teh 93-94 season. If he had stayed, someone one the 94-95 team would not have played (or had less playing time). Not sure who that player would have been. They probably would have won but let's say one of the freshmen had to sit. Drury was a freshman, so was Mike Sylvia (I think). Given their contributions to the 94-95 team, take those away and put Pomichter in there, same outcome?

As for the second part - BU lost the national championship game in 1994. mookie found a Boston University 1994 National Champions tshirt on eBay. Pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Reasoner was a phenomenal collegiate player and thankfully stayed three years. For someone who "never saw his end of the ice at BC", he's certainly transformed his game from what he was thought to be (a top six forward) into approximately a 14 year NHL career primarily as a 3rd/4th line guy.
      A 14 year NHL career? Are counting AHL stops in that? Reasoner has only played in a majority of his team's games in 9 years. This out of a guy who began his career in 1998. As far as "transforming his game" goes - to what, a bench player? A whopping 32 points represents his career high (achieved last year). But is he a defensive star you say? Minus 24 this year (to go along with 6 points in 58 games). -17, -15, -12....hmmm maybe not there either.

PS - I didn't realize he spent time at Westfield St though. Did he transfer from there to BC? Otherwise, why do you care?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        A 14 year NHL career? Are counting AHL stops in that? Reasoner has only played in a majority of his team's games in 9 years. This out of a guy who began his career in 1998. As far as "transforming his game" goes - to what, a bench player? A whopping 32 points represents his career high (achieved last year). But is he a defensive star you say? Minus 24 this year (to go along with 6 points in 58 games). -17, -15, -12....hmmm maybe not there either.

PS - I didn't realize he spent time at Westfield St though. Did he transfer from there to BC? Otherwise, why do you care?
        whatever he did he made millions doing it. I doubt he would have earned 25% of what he has with a degree from BU.

Makes 1.3 million this year, 1.4 million next year. watching on bench or playing, NHL check either way...

Previous 3 years, 1.3 million, 1.2 million, 1.1 million as well as bonusses.

6.3 million plus bonuses over past 5 years and watching doing it is my hero.

Has made over 10 million so far in his nhl days.
        Last edited by Hokydad; 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          While I'm not a huge Reasoner fan, you're seriously understating his college career.

With some guys, the decision to sign is based upon the answer to the question "How will my development benefit more? From another year in college, or a year of playing 80 games at a pro-level?" I think Strait decided to sign thinking his game would benefit from a year in the AHL rather than at BU. A legitimate decision. Much the same as Colin Wilson's decision. One man's opinion, from a strictly performance perspective, CCohen needed another year of college hockey, much like Adam Clendening. The fact that Strait has seen limited time in the NHL isn't necessarily a bad reflection upon his decision.
          Strait's initial contract is up at the end of the year and from what I've heard, he'll be re-signed. I believe that when he left early a contributing factor was that he could get a 3-year deal, but if he signed after his senior year, only a 2-year deal would be available . Please correct if this isn't not true.

It's well-established that JP will tell players when he thinks they're ready to leave, taking into account the realities of the CBA. In Pomichter's case, I recall that Parker told him he wasn't ready for the next step.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Poor rover. Hey give Reasoner credit, the guy had to reinvent himself to stay in the league and become a different player. Not many guys are willing or even capable of doing that. But he did. And he's been cashing the checks ever since.

Not for nothin, but Reasoner was the very first domino to fall after BC hired York in getting BC on the map. Everyone wanted him. Farkas, Mottau, Bellefeuille followed by Gionta/Allen/etc. The rest is history. And right around that time BU took a giant nosedive and has been playing 2nd fiddle ever since. Strange coincidence.

Anyway, is it really safe to say Bourque should have stayed another year knowing he probably never would have been able to after grades from year 1 came out? From a hockey standpoint sure but...
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              whatever he did he made millions doing it. I doubt he would have earned 25% of what he has with a degree from BU.

Makes 1.3 million this year, 1.4 million next year. watching on bench or playing, NHL check either way...

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Poor rover. Hey give Reasoner credit, the guy had to reinvent himself to stay in the league and become a different player. Not many guys are willing or even capable of doing that. But he did. And he's been cashing the checks ever since.

Not for nothin, but Reasoner was the very first domino to fall after BC hired York in getting BC on the map. Everyone wanted him. Farkas, Mottau, Bellefeuille followed by Gionta/Allen/etc. The rest is history. And right around that time BU took a giant nosedive and has been playing 2nd fiddle ever since. Strange coincidence.

Anyway, is it really safe to say Bourque should have stayed another year knowing he probably never would have been able to after grades from year 1 came out? From a hockey standpoint sure but...
              Poor rover, indeed. He brings Reasoner up without even knowing the facts (or perhaps simply ignoring them) and then of course can't even stay on topic about the guy he brought up. Truly a pathetic individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

Hey its a beautiful thing. No problems with the man pulling down a good living. Clearly he made the right choice to jump when he did because despite his career not living up to expectations he's made a pretty penny off of it. Now only if he can avoid the gambling addiction that affects so many a BC grad....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

And right around that time BU took a giant nosedive and has been playing 2nd fiddle ever since.
                  I don't recall playing second fiddle to BC in 2009? Did I miss something?

Comment

Reasoner hasn't played in the AHL since a whopping two game stint in 2002-2003. Even since he played 34 games in the AHL back in 2000-2001, he STILL played the majority of that season with the St. Louis Blues. As for being a "bench player", here are his games played totals since 2005-2006:

58 (this year)

Nobody said he's been a great NHL player or that he's a defensive star either. Plus, it's not too hard compiling a -24 when you're playing for the New York Islanders. The bottom line is he's played in 764 NHL games over 14 years (that would come out to over 54 games per year) and has earned a comfortable living doing so. He transformed himself into a 3rd/4th line player in order to stick around as long as he has. Good for him.

Comment

Simply an amazing turnaround. BC hasn't looked back since York's first recruiting class. After York's first miserable season with the team he inherited, York has done wonders. By the end of his second season, they weren't really a bad team; they beat BU in the regular season finale. By the end of the third season, they made HE semis.

York used his recruiting connections in upstate NY to engineer the turnaround, didn't he?
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Ya, that's why I said he'd be the perfect example if college was for him. Clearly wasn't though...

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          York used his recruiting connections in upstate NY to engineer the turnaround, didn't he?
                          Reasoner
                          Gionta
                          Farkas
                          Orpik
                          Scuderi
                          Hughes
                          Lephart

All from NY...

Comment

Dolinar too.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              I already have enough depressions brought on by remembering that game, and now you've added to the mix, "And don't forget, Joe Sacco should've been on that team!" Thanks a lot!

Side note: You could have a fun parlor game imagining the potential final score of that game with all those big producers + Sacco. It could've been 10-9! 13-11!
                              Hah, when Ed Ronan gets two goals in the first period, you know you are in for a high-scoring affair!
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Reasoner
                                Gionta
                                Farkas
                                Orpik
                                Scuderi
                                Hughes
                                Lephart

All from NY...
                                When BU selects JP's successor, I hope strong recruiting connections that will reap immediate benefits are one of the primary considerations.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X