X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Don't know if this was the thing speculated after Max's incident but don't expect to see Kurker at BU. He hasn't found a new home yet, but his real estate agents are very active.
    What about Collier? Is he coming next year or is he going to play a year of Jrs?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: hokydad

Even broken clocks are right sometimes. Everyone was all impressed with the BC blog kid until he started reporting things that were wrong too. These things regress to the mean over time
      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        The "3" thing was earlier, but I thought that right after Nicastro, someone said something else was coming that wasm't as bad as the Trivino/Nicastro problems but would still "leave a black mark" on BU Hockey (or something like that). Speculation was that it might just be some recruiting pull-outs, which I thought was not "it" since that would just be a natural reaction to the other events and wouldn't be considered a "black mark". But, yeah, I've been wondering what ever happened to that.
        You're thinking of irishfan's comments, I believe, from someone he played in a beer league with. I suppose it could be the decommits, but I'm not sure that'd really leave a "black eye" on the program. The task force could be the black eye, but that's not exactly something that was a well guarded secret by any means. So I don't know if he heard something from someone blowing smoke after Nicastro, which a lot of people were doing, but there did not appear to be anything that occurred afterwards that would fit his criteria.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          Re: hokydad

Even broken clocks are right sometimes. Everyone was all impressed with the BC blog kid until he started reporting things that were wrong too. These things regress to the mean over time
          What did he report that was wrong?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            What did he report that was wrong?
            He said another BU player was going to leave midseason after Coyle. A "role player" or some nonsense. Never happened.
            #OneKnight

Comment

He said another BU player was going to leave midseason after Coyle. A "role player" or some nonsense. Never happened.
              He took the speculation of Clendening leaving and originally reported it as fact that he was gone. He also wouldn't name the player. Then retracted to say the player was only considering when it became apparent his first report on "player" was wrong. He was only right on Coyle. He only picked up the Trivino story after people started tweeting it.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Is parker on record about how long he wants to coach? Or just taking it year by year? I just have a sense he wants to do this forever and nobody has the balls to take it away from him...
                As far as any of us know taking it year by year, but IIRC he mentioned in the interview with Joe Amorosino that he did not expect to coach beyond his current contract.

Comment

I was under the impression he said Clendenning "considering" leaving. Tough to ever say that wasn't true. Only Clendenning knows.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I was under the impression he said Clendenning "considering" leaving. Tough to ever say that wasn't true. Only Clendenning knows.
                    He only said that after it was clear that he was wrong. He changed his story several times but originally he reported he was gone. That's assuming he was referring to Clendening-- he never gave a name.
                    #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Wasn't the three things comment made back in December when Trivino and Coyle left? Whatever the third thing was didn't happen. Unless you knew in December what Nicastro was going to do in February.
                      His third person leaving was Clendening, he was wrong. It's ok Hokydad, not everyone can be 3hock.

He originally said third BU player leaving, within 24 hours amended that to say a BU "role player" is considering leaving, within 24 hours of that noted that his definition of role player is someone who makes things happen every time he is on the ice. Later he said it was Clendening that he had been speculating about.

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      What about Collier? Is he coming next year or is he going to play a year of Jrs?
                      Don't know, the person I spoke to about Kurker is an SJP guy, not a BU guy, so they wouldn't know about BU recruits from other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        Collier will spend next season with Youngstown/USHL where O'Connor is playing this year. 2012 recruits at forward are Polesello (Indiana), Privitera (Gunnery), Myron (Victoria), Moran (Victoria/BayState) and Lane (U18s).
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Is parker on record about how long he wants to coach? Or just taking it year by year? I just have a sense he wants to do this forever and nobody has the balls to take it away from him...
                          Just an opinion but looking at it from a practical view, they aren't likely to ask him to leave nor would he want to leave during or shortly after the review being conducted...somebody at BU should be savvy enough to realize that they would tarnish his legacy if his departure was too near the recent issues and the review. Nobody should want to push him out and create a problem. Now, should the review find a smoking gun then that would change completely, but I don't think that will be the case.

So, I would predict he is there for at least another season but I wouldn't be surprised if then people start shopping for the gold watch...for BU fans, we should hope they have a good year next year so that it makes for a nice clean break, encourages the next guy that the future is positive and keeps the cupboard full of recruits.

if I were the president of the school I would ask the AD your question directly...this isn't the badminton coach we're talking about so it rises to that level...so would a mess created over his abrupt or forced retirement, which would do nothing to improve alumni happiness, donations etc.

If you assume BU fans on this board represent .0001% of all alums and a bit higher % of those who follow the school and donate money then they won't worry about making jofa, rover, mookie et al happy per se, they'll want the article in Bostonia celebrating his contributions and the big ceremony where they have players come back and give him a sailboat or something.

It would be a pain to have to rename the rink, I think they'll navigate around creating a problem if one doesn't pop up organically.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

On paper, I wouldn't expect you guys to win as many games as you did this year but I also expected BC to just sneak into the tourney this year.

Comment

I"m sure if Kurker does in fact decommit, with our luck, he'll end up at the Heights and be the top freshman in the nation. Look how things turned out for them with Gaudreau.

If we lose both he AND Collier, I'll be really bummed. I know one of his linemates (Fitzgerald?) that was injured is headed to BC. Where is the third MC guy going?
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

On paper, I wouldn't expect you guys to win as many games as you did this year but I also expected BC to just sneak into the tourney this year.
                                We know what your predictions are worth.
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X