PDA

View Full Version : Sioux and Gophers fans trapped in X for 7 hours?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bakunin
03-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Deaf and stupid would be closer, unfortunately.
That's 2 out of 3 traits needed to be a WCHA ref. :p

FireKnight
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Is this a new NC$$ policy or is this particular to the X? I haven't been to a FF where you can't leave and reenter, nor have I been to an ECAC championship where you couldn't. The best part about the ECAC championships in Albany was leaving between games to go to the bars and further taunt the team that lost the first game while re-priming for the second game.

LundqvistRoy
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Sounds like a way to keep the fans from getting drunker between games. Lord knows i'll be gonzo for the gopher game... Makes it easier to cheer.

stuckinwi
03-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Is this a new NC$$ policy or is this particular to the X? I haven't been to a FF where you can't leave and reenter, nor have I been to an ECAC championship where you couldn't. The best part about the ECAC championships in Albany was leaving between games to go to the bars and further taunt the team that lost the first game while re-priming for the second game.

Someone posted that the Resch center is allowing reentry, it must be an X thing.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-22-2012, 01:44 AM
You can go out to "smoke", walk to the bar, "rehydrate", then come back in the smoker's entrance...get creative, people...

Flatlander14
03-22-2012, 01:52 AM
I figured BU fans took after their nickname and just drank out of the toilet so it wouldn't be a problem for them.

It's still a problem

bigblue_dl
03-23-2012, 08:49 AM
I will be smuggling in alcohol. If any ______ fans really need some booze and can't leave, I'll be selling shots for $20 each* behind section 212 at each intermission. Your welcome.

*Shots are $15 each for Gopher and WMU fans and $7 for BU fans

cross cheque
03-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I will be smuggling in alcohol. If any ______ fans really need some booze and can't leave, I'll be selling shots for $20 each* behind section 212 at each intermission. Your welcome.

*Shots are $15 each for Gopher and WMU fans and $7 for BU fans

You're. Seriously it's not that difficult.

brassbonanza
03-23-2012, 11:54 AM
$7 for BU fans

Hey not bad, that's less than what the bars here charge!

bigblue_dl
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
You're. Seriously it's not that difficult.Typos happen, get over it.

bigblue_dl
03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Hey not bad, that's less than what the bars here charge!I'm a very giving type of person.

KnightsOfTheRound
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
If North Dakota wins the first game its going to sound like a home game for BU. Jack Parker might want to crank up the speakers at practice so the boyz are ready for the deafening roar of the Sioux fans.

You must never have been to a BU home game.

gage
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM
The Resch Center did not allow anyone to leave between games last year, I doubt they will this year. I don't know for sure, but I wonder if that is something the NCAA is doing, not allowing re-entry.

stuckinwi
03-23-2012, 01:41 PM
The Resch Center did not allow anyone to leave between games last year, I doubt they will this year. I don't know for sure, but I wonder if that is something the NCAA is doing, not allowing re-entry.

From the Midwest Thread:

FWIW, I sent an e-mail to some folks at the Resch Center regarding whether people will be able to leave the building in between games on Friday. I got this response:

I have been told that the building will allow re-entry. The patron on exit will receive a stamp on there ticket and hand. In order to be allowed back in, the patron will need to show the ticket and hand that is stamped, THEY NEED BOTH. This is to stop any possible passing of a ticket. Enjoy the games!

brassbonanza
03-23-2012, 02:14 PM
You must never have been to a BU *home game.

*Since they left WBA.

J.D.
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM

I thought FF was separate admission? The games are usually longer than 3.5 hours apart, no? The FF I went to in Boston back in 2004 was separate admission.

Scarlet
03-23-2012, 08:01 PM
I thought FF was separate admission? The games are usually longer than 3.5 hours apart, no? The FF I went to in Boston back in 2004 was separate admission.

Nope. They went back to one ticket/two games last year.

MichPieGuy
03-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I figured BU fans took after their nickname and just drank out of the toilet so it wouldn't be a problem for them.

Touche! I will be rooting for Western today, but whoever emerges with the W will be my remaining horse in the race. Let's keep the trophy someplace west of the Hudson, please.

GB Puck Fan
03-24-2012, 11:39 AM

I was indeed allowed to go out. Needed ticket and hand stamped to prevent ticket passing.