In no particular order.....

Oswego fans are die-hards

St. Norbert is on another level

Lake Placid makes the D III finals that much more special for all of us

Amherst never quit

Just my personal list...enjoy
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Re: What I took from Lake Placid...

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    ...Just my personal list...enjoy
    For a minute I thought this might be you!!
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

What I remember most is how outstanding the St. Norbert goalie David Jacobson was against both Norwich and Oswego. He was by far the best goalie I have seen this year, including Larose. Also the way St. Norbert's floods the offensive zone with 3 forwards coming in more or less at the same time was interesting. It seemed to always leave a forward in a good scoring position. I haven't seen another team use that system in the east but proof is in the pudding that it is effective.

On a lighter note the breakfast at the Diner in the center of town were outstanding. Do others concur?
      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Spring in the ADK is a national treasure that should be enjoyed at least once in one's lifetime... There is no excuse for a brew pub to run out of their featured light wheat beer on St Patrick's Day before 12noon... The season's first outdoor tennis match featuring bikini tops and short shorts - 'nuff said... Being able to walk from one end of town to the other at 3am and make it to your final destination intact... Local shop owners and workers talking about Friday night's OT thriller with genuine enthusiasm and then talking about their beer league game with the same intensity... Young hockey players look up to D3 teams the way grown men from the Bronx look up to the NY Yankees... Tough to see Eric Heiden's rink used as a parking lot...
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Spring in the ADK is a national treasure that should be enjoyed at least once in one's lifetime... There is no excuse for a brew pub to run out of their featured light wheat beer on St Patrick's Day before 12noon... The season's first outdoor tennis match featuring bikini tops and short shorts - 'nuff said... Being able to walk from one end of town to the other at 3am and make it to your final destination intact... Local shop owners and workers talking about Friday night's OT thriller with genuine enthusiasm and then talking about their beer league game with the same intensity... Young hockey players look up to D3 teams the way grown men from the Bronx look up to the NY Yankees... Tough to see Eric Heiden's rink used as a parking lot...
          Which bar ran out of beer by noon??

I was surprised to see almost everything closed in LP at 10pm on a Saturday night, especially St. Patrick's Day. We went to FOUR bars after the championship game looking for something to eat. The first three stopped serving food at 10 (Lake Placid Brewery included ). The 4th was supposed to stop serving at 10, but kept the kitchen open late for the fans coming in.

Overall, it was a gorgeous weekend in Lake Placid, although several of the local shopkeepers were actually bummed at the warm weather. It hasn't been a great season for them and they were hoping for a little more cold weather to bring some skiers in one last time.
          Last edited by LakerFan99; 03-20-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

About 5 pounds.

I'm still having trouble getting up close to my desk after two Diner breakfasts..... ugh! yum!

Lake Placid is a special place (slightly less so since With Pipe & Book went out...), having the tourny there is very cool. I think the Olympic history, unique setting, and spectacular views trump any travel issues. We had our tickets and reservations weeks ahead, we were going whether Oswego made it or not- how can you go wrong with three great hockey games AND Lake Placid? Since I'm usually sleeping on the ground in a tent 5 miles back in the woods when I'm up that way, a comfy bed with a view is a real treat. It seems at tourny time that every other person on the street has a team color on display, makes for a fun weekend of comradery.

Light beer on St. Patricks Day???? Now THERE's a problem....

Agree about "the Current St. Norberts Problem." So maybe next year we could play both Oswego AND Norwich against SNC? Tag-team hockey?
            Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-20-2012, 08:43 AM.
            Oswego State 1980 Grad
            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

The outdoor olympic oval is now a parking lot?!?!
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                So maybe next year we could play both Oswego AND Norwich against SNC? Tag-team hockey?
                Off topic, but I would LOVE to see a D-3 All Star Game. That would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  The outdoor olympic oval is now a parking lot?!?!
                  I believe it's still in use in the winter. I think they thaw it out in March and use it as a parking lot in Spring, Summer and Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                    So maybe next year we could play both Oswego AND Norwich against SNC? Tag-team hockey?
                    All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The [St. Norbert's] win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Tough to see Eric Heiden's rink used as a parking lot...
                      The weather has been so warm that they had to take the outdoor ice off last week. (Normally this time of year you need the studded tires to park on Eric's ice)
                      Oswego State 1980 Grad
                      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The [St. Norbert's] win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team.
                        Every once in awhile it's nice to see a 14-13 shootout.

Comment

WiseGuys served food until 1:00 a.m. after the game.

Comment

Prez when I see Oswego it is like seeing the OPJHL all star team on the ice. St. Norbert's plays like a lot of D1 teams where the name of the game is all defense. Of course, they have David Jacobson. I know you were not at LP but you wouldn't believe some of the Oswego shots he stopped. I though the game was a lot closer than the final score. It will be interesting to see if Oswego, Plattsburgh, and Norwich try to add a few pieces to get past St. Norbert because St. Norbert's will have a lot of the same players for the next 3 years.
                            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                              Prez when I see Oswego it is like seeing the OPJHL all star team on the ice. St. Norbert's plays like a lot of D1 teams where the name of the game is all defense. Of course, they have David Jacobson. I know you were not at LP but you wouldn't believe some of the Oswego shots he stopped. I though the game was a lot closer than the final score. It will be interesting to see if Oswego, Plattsburgh, and Norwich try to add a few pieces to get past St. Norbert because St. Norbert's will have a lot of the same players for the next 3 years.
                              Who would want to have many of the same players that just won the title? What a terrible situation to be stuck in! It sucks that Cogs won't be able to recruit anyone in the next three years either.
                              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Working...
                              X