X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Regional Round TV Schedule - Lots of Tape Delay on ESPNU

First round
    Friday, March 23

Michigan State vs. No. 3 Union (ESPNU/ESPN3, 3 p.m.)
    Denver vs. Ferris State (ESPN3, 5:30 p.m. -- Airs on ESPNU on Friday at 11:30 p.m.*)
    UMass Lowell vs. Miami (Ohio) (ESPNU/ESPN3, 6:30 p.m.)
    Cornell vs. No. 2 Michigan (ESPNU/ESPN3, 9 p.m.)

Saturday, March 24

Western Michigan vs. No. 4 North Dakota (ESPN3, 1:30 p.m. -- Airs on ESPNU on Sunday at 12:30 p.m.*)
    Air Force vs. No. 1 Boston College (ESPNU/ESPN3, 4 p.m.)
    Boston University vs. Minnesota (ESPN3, 5 p.m. -- Airs on ESPNU on Sunday at 3 p.m.*)
    Maine vs. Minnesota-Duluth (ESPN3, 7:30 p.m. -- Airs on ESPNU on Saturday at 11:30 p.m.*)

Second round
    Saturday, March 24

Union/Michigan State winner vs. Miami/UMass Lowell winner (ESPNU/ESPN3, 6:30 p.m.)
    Ferris State/Denver winner vs. Cornell/Michigan winner (ESPNU/ESPN3, 9 p.m.)

Sunday, March 25

Minnesota/Boston U. winner vs. Western Michigan/North Dakota winner (ESPNU/ESPN3, 5:30 p.m.)
    Boston College/Air Force winner vs. Minnesota-Duluth/Maine winner (ESPNU/ESPN3, 8 p.m.)

*Denotes tape delayed on ESPNU
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Re: ESPN Regional Round TV Schedule - Lots of Tape Delay on ESPNU

As long as they're all live on ESPN3 I have no problems. ESPN3 still has all of last year's games archived -- it's a great service.
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

So will the BU/Minny game be on FSN?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Possibly, I know FSN has picked up Gopher NCAA games in the past. I sent them an email asking if they were picking up the game or not, we'll see if they actually respond.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          Possibly, I know FSN has picked up Gopher NCAA games in the past. I sent them an email asking if they were picking up the game or not, we'll see if they actually respond.
          I also sent them a email yeterday on the same topic. We will see if they reply. I also had to sent a email to collegehockeynews website correcting them on the tv schedule. which they now have corrected.
          Go Gophers Go.

Comment

As there has been for the last 5 years; 4 games are on tape delay, the same as every other year since about 2005(with the exception of 2009 when espn2 also ran games) see my thread on the board about broadcast info about these games

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
              As long as they're all live on ESPN3 I have no problems. ESPN3 still has all of last year's games archived -- it's a great service.
              Well I'm happy that it works for you, but for most of the people that wish to watch the game "live" and on TV, by having the games only streamed live on the internet they are alienating countless fans that do not have the same ability to watch the games online as you do. If you are a Satellite TV subscriber for instance, you do not have the option to watch the ESPN3 "great online service" since it is limited to current cable subscribers only. In the year 2012, the bread and circus of playoff college hockey should be available to watch at least in a local bar. It is infuriating that ESPN continues to monopolize the licenses to broadcast NCAA playoff games only to restrict them to "internet only" live viewing for the ones that fit their requirements as far as TV packages on Cable are concerned which doesn't make any sense at all besides cents- and maybe a few pennies worth at that. When NBC Sports- a national cable television channel- has marketed regular season college hockey games across the country, ESPN is taking a step backwards and not a step forwards as they think they are doing by making the game available only on the internet streams. It is truly outrageous. They are not winning any fans and are only bringing dishonor to the ESPN brand name by doing so.
              Last edited by blackbearbandie; 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                Well I'm happy that it works for you, but for most of the people that wish to watch the game "live" and on TV, by having the games only streamed live on the internet they are alienating countless fans that do not have the same ability to watch the games online as you do. If you are a Satellite TV subscriber for instance, you do not have the option to watch the ESPN3 "great online service" since it is limited to current cable subscribers only. In the year 2012, the bread and circus of playoff college hockey should be available to watch at least in a local bar. It is infuriating that ESPN continues to monopolize the licenses to broadcast NCAA playoff games only to restrict them to "internet only" live viewing for the ones that fit their requirements as far as TV packages on Cable are concerned which doesn't make any sense at all besides cents- and maybe a few pennies worth at that. When NBC Sports- a national cable television channel- has marketed regular season college hockey games across the country, ESPN is taking a step backwards and not a step forwards as they think they are doing by making the game available only on the internet streams. It is truly outrageous. They are not winning any fans and are only bringing dishonor to the ESPN brand name by doing so.
                Even if it were available in a bar, you still wouldn't be able to watch, as the TVs would be monopolised for squeakball.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                  I only throw this out there as a hope. I know that ESPN (sometimes) has shown local interest games not on the main networks to broadcast in local markets on networks such as ESPNews or ESPN Classic. Not sure if that is a possibility, but they need to find a way to broadcast all games in local markets live.

Comment

College hockey is big time, what are you talking about ESPN doesn't care? We're on the front page, look!

http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/im...319201270705PM

But seriously... the viewing situation if you can't make it to the games is pretty terrible.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Even if it were available in a bar, you still wouldn't be able to watch, as the TVs would be monopolised for squeakball.
                      I had both the semifinal and final on the big screen with surround sound on in Oswego at my bar for the D-III final four.
                      2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
                      2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
                      2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
                        I had both the semifinal and final on the big screen with surround sound on in Oswego at my bar for the D-III final four.
                        Which one? I should consider it next time I'm up there.

Comment

Last year, you could watch every game live if you had ESPNU and MASN out of Baltimore. MASN is available to anyone with dish network or directv through the sports package. I know myself and everyone else that watched at my house contacted MASN personally to thank them for showing all of the ESPNU tape delay games live for college hockey fans. Hopefully they do it again but I'm not seeing it happen with them showing Orioles spring training games on friday that will run past 4:30pm. Who knows. Some time before Friday we'll start seeing the syndication list of the tape delayed games.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Altitude will televise DU vs Ferris State

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/03...formation.html

Altitude Sports
                            Channel 681 Direct TV
                            Channel 410 Dish Network
                            Channel 25 Comcast Denver
                            Last edited by dggoddard; 03-19-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              I doubt it. The last thing ESPN likes to do is give their broadcasts to Fox.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X