Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN Regional Round TV Schedule - Lots of Tape Delay on ESPNU

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I doubt it. The last thing ESPN likes to do is give their broadcasts to Fox.
    That not true at all. ESPN has given there broadcast to Fox in the past. FS North has in the past pick up Gophers regional games, with the ESPN style production.

Come on peoples. let learn to know stuffs. Not trying to ruin this thread. but some peoples need to learn that FS North has in the past done it and i see no reason why they can't do it this year.
    Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Thank you ESPN for allowing local networks to pick up the stream on TV. I feel better now knowing that at least they are allowing local networks to pick up the game.

http://www.wabi.tv/news/28582/ncaa-u...-eastern-maine

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
        That not true at all. ESPN has given there broadcast to Fox in the past. FS North has in the past pick up Gophers regional games, with the ESPN style production.

Come on peoples. let learn to know stuffs. Not trying to ruin this thread. but some peoples need to learn that FS North has in the past done it and i see no reason why they can't do it this year.
        You obviously don't remember the year they gave it to Victory Sports instead of Fox Sports North. Victory Sports for those that don't know was in about 200 total homes in the entire state of Minnesota at the time. Victory Sports was also an ESPN affiliate and FSN was not. Don't try to tell me that's changed when it hasn't. I don't think FSN has had an NCAA hockey broadcast on its airs since that year and that would have been 5 or 6 years ago.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

how long ago was this victory sports over FSN north? Like prior to 2000?

prior to about 2005, it was the ncaa and not espn that syndicated the games (prior to 2007, ALL games were available for syndication)

Comment

You obviously don't remember the year they gave it to Victory Sports instead of Fox Sports North. Victory Sports for those that don't know was in about 200 total homes in the entire state of Minnesota at the time. Victory Sports was also an ESPN affiliate and FSN was not. Don't try to tell me that's changed when it hasn't. I don't think FSN has had an NCAA hockey broadcast on its airs since that year and that would have been 5 or 6 years ago.
            The year they gave it to Victory Sports was 2004. SO FS North had 2 regional first round games long after Victory Sports was no more.

I going to have to refresh your memory. But the 2007 West Regional first round game between Minnesota and Air Force did air on FS North, and also so did the 2006 west regional first round game vs Holy Cross. I not that dumb and i know what did air on FS North and what did not.

Oh yeah and FS North did broadcast the 2009 Northeast regional game between North Dakota and Yale.

and 1 more that i remember, 2008 Northeast regional BC vs Minnesota was air on FS North.
            Last edited by Gophers #1; 03-19-2012, 07:19 PM.
            Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Thank you WABI for always coming through and bringing Maine Hockey to those who cannot go to the game!

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
              Thank you ESPN for allowing local networks to pick up the stream on TV. I feel better now knowing that at least they are allowing local networks to pick up the game.

http://www.wabi.tv/news/28582/ncaa-u...-eastern-maine

Comment

fyi

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/nca...ection%207.pdf

NCAA Television Silent Blackout Policy. The NCAA does not implement local blackouts for NCAA championships; however, a "silent" blackout may be implemented until 24 hours prior to the start of the televised championship for regions within a 50-mile radius of the championship. A "silent" blackout restricts the television station from announcing that it has obtained the rights or promoting the broadcast on any medium (e.g., newspapers, television, radio, Internet.). If the "silent" blackout is broken, the NCAA maintains the right to cancel the broadcast. The blackout policy does not apply to Turner, CBS or ESPN telecasts

Comment

ESPN looks at giving games to Fox as a last resort. They've tried many times -- as cited by others in this thread -- to circumvent FS affiliates from airing these games in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                    The year they gave it to Victory Sports was 2004. SO FS North had 2 regional first round games long after Victory Sports was no more.

I going to have to refresh your memory. But the 2007 West Regional first round game between Minnesota and Air Force did air on FS North, and also so did the 2006 west regional first round game vs Holy Cross. I not that dumb and i know what did air on FS North and what did not.

Oh yeah and FS North did broadcast the 2009 Northeast regional game between North Dakota and Yale.

and 1 more that i remember, 2008 Northeast regional BC vs Minnesota was air on FS North.
                    I don't care how many they've had. They gave the games to the phantom sports network on purpose that year and their policy hasn't changed. Fox will get the games as the VERY LAST RESORT. I expect I will have to watch it on my computer. Thank God I have Comcast.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Which one? I should consider it next time I'm up there.
                      Greene's. It helps that I have 12 TVs and we actually show almost every sport. A lot of lacrosse fans, golf fans on the weekends, NASCAR, soccer, as well as, the normal baseball, football, hockey, basketball. We're the only bar in the county with NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, and some other obscure channels using both Time Warner and DirecTV.
                      2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
                      2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
                      2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

While we're waiting to find out what other outlets will be picking up the games, for those who have an Xbox 360 (and a cable carrier that has ESPN3 access), that's the easiest way of getting the ESPN3 feed on your HDTV. Picture quality depends on the source, but when ESPN streams an HD feed through it, it's actually really good. Beyond that, I don't know if the Ruku box has ESPN3 on it, but some other "media center" type boxes do.

Comment

You also need a Xbox live gold subscription to do it.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I don't care how many they've had. They gave the games to the phantom sports network on purpose that year and their policy hasn't changed. Fox will get the games as the VERY LAST RESORT. I expect I will have to watch it on my computer. Thank God I have Comcast.
                            That's the point...some of us DON'T HAVE a "cable" provider, because we have DirecTV. We can't see ESPN3. It's not just whether or not you have Comcast - it's ANY cable provider. I checked the "guide" on DirecTV last night (you can forward ahead to a specific date). I didn't see ANY of the college hockey games on any of the Fox network channels (a couple said "To Be Announced"). And what really sucks is that EVERY regional game except the ones from the West Regional are on one of the ESPN channels, but because, as I said before, the BU/Minnesota game is an "overlap" game (on at essentially the same time as the BC/Air Force game) it is not on.

Comment

Relax chickod, these things will shake out, if you have dish network or directv, with the sports pack, you will be able to see every game live if you want. Altitude already announced it will be picking up du vs fsu, but I bet that isn't in your guide yet, right?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Before recently my ISP didn't support ESPN3, but I had a novel work-around. My computer at work would get ESPN3 because it was on an internet backbone. I could use my home ISP to remote desktop to my work machine and run ESPN3 on the work machine. Yes, I'd run ESPN3 on my work machine, remote the desktop to a laptop at home, and then patch the laptop monitor (HDMI) to a hi-def TV. It worked, but it was left-handed.

Now my ISP supports ESPN3. I just stream to the laptop and connect that via DisplayPort to the hi-def plasma.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X