No announcement yet.

2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Keep the smoke, but I'll take a beer, no problem.
    I think you'll have to have the smoke, there is no beer sold IIRC.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
      I think a 15 game win streak is impressive no matter what, but it wasn't like they were playing juggernaut competition during that time.
      After the streak reaches 17 people will point out BC didn't play any juggernauts either. Oh well.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        After the streak reaches 17 people will point out BC didn't play any juggernauts either. Oh well.
        You know, when you're right you're right. Jeez I wish I had fallacious reasoning like you do. Would make life a lot easier on myself.
        "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Just did a little number crunching on this 15 game win streak that BC has had. While any 15 game win streak is impressive, the combined record of the teams they beat on that streak was 105-139-29. They had 6 of those wins (3 against each) against Providence and Vermont, whose combined record is 20-47-5. They only won 4 games out of the 15 against teams over .500. Those were 1 against Maine and BU (In the HE championship game and Beanpot Championship game) and 2 against Merrimack. Again, I think a 15 game win streak is impressive no matter what, but it wasn't like they were playing juggernaut competition during that time.
          19 in a row won't be so impressive either, considering who we'll have to beat to get there.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

You know, when you're right you're right. Jeez I wish I had fallacious reasoning like you do. Would make life a lot easier on myself.
            OK sure.

Being the best is a tough thing. It means the entire schedule is against inferior competition, right?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Just did a little number crunching on this 15 game win streak that BC has had. While any 15 game win streak is impressive, the combined record of the teams they beat on that streak was 105-139-29. They had 6 of those wins (3 against each) against Providence and Vermont, whose combined record is 20-47-5. They only won 4 games out of the 15 against teams over .500. Those were 1 against Maine and BU (In the HE championship game and Beanpot Championship game) and 2 against Merrimack. Again, I think a 15 game win streak is impressive no matter what, but it wasn't like they were playing juggernaut competition during that time.
              You brought up UMD coming in under the radar and I answered why that might be the case. I didn't say anything about the 15 game winning streak coming against top notch opponents each night. You play who's on the schedule...it is what it is. We agree that any 15 game winning streak is impressive. Doesn't mean BC will win the regional. But again, UMD is favored to beat Maine on paper...so how is that coming in under the radar? And if it's a BC-UMD final, it will be mentioned repeatedly that it's a matchup of the last two national champions and that UMD is the defending champ. Throw in the fact you have a probable Hobey finalist and I don't think UMD comes in under the radar whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                Exactly. Don't worry UMD fans, you will have the proper attention paid to you - I hate how fans say they rather be under the radar when they SHOULD know the teams playing aren't falling into that trap.
                We, as a message board, CANNOT afford to overlook anyone! Message boardery is a serious business.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                OK sure.

Being the best is a tough thing. It means the entire schedule is against inferior competition, right?
                Yeah I mean it's not like we played one of the toughest OOC schedules in the country

Comment

Facinating number crunching there. Like all the other streaks we have discussed in this thread they all could come to end this weekend.

The biggest question going into this weekend for this region is will Abbott play? The second biggest question is how JCon will solidify his impending Hobey Baker Award?

I don't think any team is going under the radar. What goes under the radar is how this could be considered the true region of death.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Excellent restaurant...good food...
                    yep, went to college in worcester... silverman's has good grub and plenty of room to move around... good choice for the location...

Comment

With the exception of UMass, who is the most talented sub-.500 team I think I've ever seen (with an excellent record against top teams), we curbstomped the rest of those teams during the win streak. I mean, what more do you want?
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

The biggest question going into this weekend for this region is will Abbott play? The second biggest question is how JCon will solidify his impending Hobey Baker Award?
                        One thing that has struck me about JCon's season is that his production has not fallen at all despite the fact that last season he was centering Justin Fontaine and MConn and this season he is centering Mike Seidel and Keegan Flaherty. Seidel and Flaherty are nice players, but it just isn't the same.
                        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                          One thing that has struck me about JCon's season is that his production has not fallen at all despite the fact that last season he was centering Justin Fontaine and MConn and this season he is centering Mike Seidel and Keegan Flaherty. Seidel and Flaherty are nice players, but it just isn't the same.
                          Great point. He was playing with arguable the best UMD player in history in Mike Connolly, and Justin Fonatine who was one of the better UMD players of the last decade (I forget where he has ended up in points all time at UMD)

I thought for sure Jack would have a slump in points, yet without those guys he should set a career high. Give him the Hobey!

If Abbott doesn't play, this presents an opportunity for him to become the national leader in ppg.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Great point. He was playing with arguable the best UMD player in history in Mike Connolly,
                            I like the sentiment, but no.
                            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
                              I like the sentiment, but no.
                              Fine Top 5?
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Fine Top 5?
                                Try top 10.
                                Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X