X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Midwest Regional: Michigan, Ferris, Denver and Cornell

I think Denver can take it.

Re: 2012 Midwest Regional: Michigan, Ferris, Denver and Cornell

The current schedule on WatchESPN shows all these games will be on ESPN3.

So much better than espnu
    GO DU !!!

Comment

With an eye toward the tournament beginning later this week, Denver fans looking for reasons to be optimistic can file this under "Odd But True" or perhaps "Looking For The Silver Lining." The Pioneers have the chance to complete an unusual sweep.

The regular season champion of Atlantic Hockey was Air Force. This season Denver is 1-0 against Air Force.

The regular season champion of the ECAC was Union. This season Denver is 1-0 against Union.

The regular season champion of Hockey East was Boston College. This season Denver is 1-0 against Boston college.

The regular season champion of the WCHA was Minnesota. This season Denver is 2-0 against Minnesota.

The regular season champion of the CCHA was Ferris State. Denver plays Ferris State in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
      Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
        With an eye toward the tournament beginning later this week, Denver fans looking for reasons to be optimistic can file this under "Odd But True" or perhaps "Looking For The Silver Lining." The Pionerers have the chance to complete an unusual sweep.

The regular season champion of Atlantic Hockey was Air Force. This season Denver is 1-0 against Air Force.

The regular season champion of the ECAC was Union. This season Denver is 1-0 against Union.

The regular season champion of Hockey East was Boston College. This season Denver is 1-0 against Boston college.

The regular season champion of the WCHA was Minnesota. This season Denver is 2-0 against Minnesota.

The regular season champion of the CCHA was Ferris State. Denver plays Ferris State in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
        I like the symmetry! Hopefully we can keep it up.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

This is question for Denver, how come you rotate 3 goalies, which one do you think will start against Ferris St.?
          Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Comment

Anything definitive on Zucker's injury yet? All I've heard so far is the classic "upper body injury" which could mean anything from a sore shoulder to missing an arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
              This is question for Denver, how come you rotate 3 goalies, which one do you think will start against Ferris St.?
              DU only rotates 2 goalies. For the first half-ish of the season, we rotated Jussi Olkinuora and Adam Murray while Sam Brittain was out with a knee injury. Since Brittain returned, I don't think Murray has started at all. Last night might be the only time he's been on the ice.

My guess would be that Olkinuora starts against Ferris. I will be in n o way surprised if I am wrong.

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
              Anything definitive on Zucker's injury yet? All I've heard so far is the classic "upper body injury" which could mean anything from a sore shoulder to missing an arm.
              I've heard nothing.

Comment

With an eye toward the tournament beginning later this week, Denver fans looking for reasons to be optimistic can file this under "Odd But True" or perhaps "Looking For The Silver Lining." The Pioneers have the chance to complete an unusual sweep.

I was on the bubble until I read this. Now I'm filling up the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle with gauze, linament, tape, splints and oxygen for the boys and making the drive up from CHI-town. Go DU!
                Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

The #2 vs #3 matchup is the early game in Green Bay and the late game in every other regional. Thought #1 seed would go early to get more rest before expected regional final.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    The #2 vs #3 matchup is the early game in Green Bay and the late game in every other regional. Thought #1 seed would go early to get more rest before expected regional final.
                    The Midwest Regional was that way too in 2011, as 2-3 (M-UNO) played prior to 1-4 (BC-CC).

Comment

But you were only 1-1 vs. the Independent League Champs

Comment

Wonder why that is. I've never seen anything definitive on whether or not the #1 seed has a say in what time they play.

I know Brittain is coming off an injury and maybe I'm putting too much weight on one game (last year's Final Five championship)...but even seeing Brittain's performance against UMD recently...how is he NOT the #1 goalie?

Comment

The broadcast schedule I'm looking at has Michigan-Cornell LIVE on ESPNU:

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...st_Revised.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Wonder why that is. I've never seen anything definitive on whether or not the #1 seed has a say in what time they play.

I know Brittain is coming off an injury and maybe I'm putting too much weight on one game (last year's Final Five championship)...but even seeing Brittain's performance against UMD recently...how is he NOT the #1 goalie?
                            Gwozdecky has a strong tendency to platoon goalies, even when one is distinctly better than the other. In '04-'05, he platooned Glenn Fisher and Peter Mannino most of the year. Manno got the nod in both Frozen Four games as I recall, but even though he outplayed Fisher all year long, they still platooned. In all the time Gwoz has been at DU, there have been relatively few seasons in which he didn't do this.

Comment

Fair enough. I just have a hard time envisioning him not going with Brittain on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X