PDA

View Full Version : 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

The Rube
03-18-2012, 10:00 PM
UND looks to have its hands full with Western Michigan, higher in the KRACH than both Minnesota and Boston University. By KRACH, 1 and 2 play, followed by 3 and 4.

By the way, man, you have become noticeably crankier, as the years go by. Your comment suggests you suffer a St. Patty PTSD. :eek: Maybe I would too.

Your ducts ought to be about empty by now, about Friday night. Rally yourself, man. :D Home cooking is always something to be encouraged about.

Not cranky at all. :) MN getting into the tourney, winning the WCHA, and having a good chance to advance makes me ecstatic. I actually want VENGEANCE from when UND knocked out MN after MN beat UND in the F5 on a certain Wheeler goal a couple years back. ;)

J.D.
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
So umm is und allowed to wear their normal uniforms?

The Rube
03-18-2012, 10:15 PM
So umm is und allowed to wear their normal uniforms?

No. Anyone officially affiliated with UND cannot wear the Indianhead logo or anything with the "Sioux" name, otherwise UND forfeits. This includes any staff members, players, band members, etc. Fans are free to do as they please.

Slap Shot
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Then they'll never last against Minnesota.

Not so fast - I like UM's chances but I don't expect a Parker-led team roll over.

bronconick
03-18-2012, 10:23 PM
No. Anyone officially affiliated with UND cannot wear the Indianhead logo or anything with the "Sioux" name, otherwise UND forfeits. This includes any staff members, players, band members, etc. Fans are free to do as they please.

Where can I get a couple dozen water bottles with a Sioux head on them?

/totally shameless. will take free wins.

The Rube
03-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Where can I get a couple dozen water bottles with a Sioux head on them?

/totally shameless. will take free wins.

It'll be interesting on how this plays out. I'd laugh if someone legitimately forgot about their socks or something, and it got reported. :D

bronconick
03-18-2012, 10:49 PM
It'll be interesting on how this plays out. I'd laugh if someone legitimately forgot about their socks or something, and it got reported. :D

"These players aren't wearing the new blank green helmets. You'll have to play with 7 forwards and 4 defensemen. For some reason, no hockey shops will sell North Dakota equipment here in Minneapolis. And your assistant coach has a Sioux logo tattoo. He's banned from the arena."

J.D.
03-18-2012, 10:53 PM
I assume they'll just have a jersey that says sioux minus the logo?

darker98
03-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I assume they'll just have a jersey that says sioux minus the logo?
It can't even say Sioux. I've heard it will just say North Dakota.

The Rube
03-18-2012, 11:03 PM
It can't even say Sioux. I've heard it will just say North Dakota.

Correct. The biggest rumor is that if UND drops the Sioux name, they will not even choose a new nickname.

And just posted on GopherPuckLive, the tailgate is on. Starts 9am Saturday, behind the Dairy Queen. Beerdarts will be there of course, and a port-a-potty will also be there (and I would assume that a $5 donation to help with that cost is recommended, like it was for the F5). There should be some homebrews there, and donations are welcome for that, also. The homebrews are always very tasty, btw.

All are invited to join. It's a very friendly tailgate, as past attendees can attest to.

burd
03-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Not cranky at all. :) MN getting into the tourney, winning the WCHA, and having a good chance to advance makes me ecstatic. I actually want VENGEANCE from when UND knocked out MN after MN beat UND in the F5 on a certain Wheeler goal a couple years back. ;)

Don't know about Friday, but I've heard the logo for the second game will be a garden hose.

The Rube
03-18-2012, 11:23 PM
I have no clue what you're talking about.

And I just hope that the ASPCA and Sarah McLachlan don't come after the Gophers when they beat down the Terriers. :D

Slap Shot
03-18-2012, 11:45 PM
I have no clue what you're talking about.

Neither does he.

HarleyMC
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
USCHO is sponsoring the website, "College Hockey Pickem 2012 (http://www.pickemhockey.com/bracket/)". Register and fill in your bracket predictions. Pick the winners all the way to the NCAA Championship game and win VALUABLE PRIZES!!! One of the first place prizes is a $100 shopping trip on shop.uscho.com (http://shop.uscho.com/) (lots of cool stuff over there).

4four4
03-19-2012, 12:41 AM

Can they (!) the NCAA?

The Rube
03-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Can they (!) the NCAA?

Not sure what you are saying, but if I had to take a guess, any normal conference game, they are fine. It's only specific NCAA games and tourneys that these rules apply.

4four4
03-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Not sure what you are saying, but if I had to take a guess, any normal conference game, they are fine. It's only specific NCAA games and tourneys that these rules apply.

(!) = Moon ;)

JF_Gophers
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
This really is the easiest possible regional for Minnesota. 3 no name opponents should make for an anti-climatic weekend of hockey. Gophers might be tested at the Frozen Four. Depends who else goes.

joen05
03-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Any word on any Boston area stations that might pick up these games? Unfortunately I won't be able to attend :-(

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
This really is the easiest possible regional for Minnesota. 3 no name opponents should make for an anti-climatic weekend of hockey. Gophers might be tested at the Frozen Four. Depends who else goes.

Agreed. I have never heard of any of the other three schools, much less any of them being hockey powers. I am sure the 'X' will be 95% Gopher fans. Minnesota rolls to the Frozen Four after blowing out BU (Baylor?) and UND (Notre Dame?). Already bought my plane ticket to Tampa.