PDA

View Full Version : 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51

J.D.
03-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Come on happy, you sound like the typical tinfoil hat wearing wcha conspiracy theorist...

The brackets generally aren't a surprise to anyone.

Slap Shot
03-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Not only that, he is saying that no other team on the planet is arrogant. Because those are the teams he cheers for.

:D

Enough sandbagging - I like their chances.

bronconick
03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Someone had to be the Sioux version of 4four4 and his almost proud remarks about how North Dakota will never matter to the Gophers again.

MavHockey14
03-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Let's drop the puck already!

darker98
03-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Happy needs a hug

5mn_Major
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
For me, no. I see Denver as North Dakota's current biggest rival. The two sides have played far more meaningful games over the past 8-9 years than North Dakota-Minnesota. Historically, North Dakota-Minnesota is probably bigger than North Dakota-DU, but it is extremely close.

I fully acknowledge that I am in the minority of my fanbase about this, but there is a growing contingent that feels this way, especially amongst diehards. In 5 years, it won't even be close...at least IMO.

That's good. We've got our rivals going forward...UW, MI, UMD. Minnesota's dance card is full.

Fighting Sioux 23
03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
That's good. We've got our rivals going forward...UW, MI, UMD. Minnesota's dance card is full.

:p:D:D

5mn_Major
03-25-2012, 03:22 PM
:p:D:D

Oh...I guess its bad news then. ;)

Fighting Sioux 23
03-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh...I guess its bad news then. ;)

It is what it is.

Happy
03-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Happy needs a hug

or a win.

burd
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
One: Whether you think this rivalry is changing in its importance to either team, it sure is a priviledge to be able to enjoy it right here right now. Two: It would be nice to see two WCHA teams in the FF this year, especially given the fact that the conference was arguably not as strong as it has been in the past.

JF_Gophers
03-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Not happy that the game isn't listed on ESPN3 yet.

5mn_Major
03-25-2012, 04:18 PM
One: Whether you think this rivalry is changing in its importance to either team, it sure is a priviledge to be able to enjoy it right here right now. Two: It would be nice to see two WCHA teams in the FF this year, especially given the fact that the conference was arguably not as strong as it has been in the past.

Yes sir.

Its on ESPN U.

NFCChief
03-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Two heavyweights going at it today. Should be a great game. The winner of this game is good enough to win it all at the Frozen Four.

vhawk
03-25-2012, 06:09 PM
They didn't play the same schedule (different non-conference slate of games plus the WCHA has an unbalanced schedule). Much of MN's goal differential came against the likes of Sacred Heart. MN's goal differential has plummeted since the first 2 months of the season and more accurately reflects how they are playing.

You are right, they didnt play the same schedule. Goal differential in the WCHA: MN +31, UND +9. Even MORE dramatic.

Clearly you aren't watching the games. MN was up 3-0 on UND in their previous meeting and was in complete control. UND called timeout, scored a goal, and after that, it was ALL UND as MN completely melted down. Not real my ***.

Werent you saying something about taking one small sample and using it to extrapolate? It was one game. This isnt like a "lets agree to disagree" situation. It is VERY EASY to observe whether "momentum" or the "hot hand" is a real thing: Just watch how teams perform in their next x games after they meet whatever criteria for being 'hot.' And the answer? They perform at their expected rate, no better, no worse. Momentum, if it exists, has no impact on outcomes of games.

I would say it's even money *at best* from a MN perspective. UND and Dell are in their heads. If MN gets stymied on their grade A chances yet again today, and UND converts their limited opportunities on the inevitable counterattacks, the game will once again be a rout.

Today's outcome will come down to Minnesota's defensive posture and Patterson. If they have the good sense to tie up sticks and not get outworked in front of their own net despite having numerical advantages down low, and if Patterson doesn't do his best impression of a sieve, then MN has a reasonable shot of advancing. However, if either the defense or the goaltending is sloppy, Minnesota is done. The way Dell is playing, I don't see the Gophers scoring more than three on him.

I mean...this was your expert analysis, taking into account 'watching all the games' and all the 'momentum' and how much UND was in their heads...and yet, so far, through 2 periods, UMN has been lighting it up on offense and just taking it to what appears to be a severely overmatched UND team.

How is that possible?!?!

cg_siouxfan
03-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Congrats to the Gophers on making the Frozen Four.

I hope you guys get crushed.

Fighting Sioux 23
03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Congratulations to Minnesota. The Gophers played very well, and capitalized on their opportunities. Patterson played very well when he needed to. Minnesota's defense played very strong along the boards and kept North Dakota from cycling the puck and carrying possession. Obviously the Gopher forwards were strong as well, and were strong in their own end as well as on the rush. Disappointing result for North Dakota, but I think most Sioux fans were realistic about our chances heading into this game. Minnesota has been the best team in the WCHA this season, and are a well deserved Frozen Four squad. If BC wins this evening, the Gophers will have at least one Sioux fan on their side.

Once again, Congratulations to the Gophers. Well played game, and great season, and good luck in Tampa.

5mn_Major
03-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks. Nice year by UND. This game was arguably the gophs best this year.

Pablo
03-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Congrats to the Gophers on making the Frozen Four.

I hope you guys get crushed.

Ha ha, enjoy the offseason!

5mn_Major
03-25-2012, 07:05 PM
IMO Patterson was player of the game. But its hard to understate the importance of Marshalls goal.