X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

From DU Hockey on Twitter

Denver Hockey ‏ @DU_Hockey
    @DU_Hockey lineup update: Didier, Knowlton and Zucker in. Phillips, Makowski and Bennett out.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      From DU Hockey on Twitter
      Denver Hockey ‏ @DU_Hockey
      @DU_Hockey lineup update: Didier, Knowlton and Zucker in. Phillips, Makowski and Bennett out.

Well, we're up to 5 now! Will it be Dewhurst and Tabrum filling in again?

Please no major penalties for our D men, or any Pio for that matter.

Glad to have Knowlton back.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

DU Hockey lineup

Forwards:
        Loney-D.Shore-Salazar
        Zucker-N.Shore-Knowlton
        Dewhurst-Ostrow-Jackson
        Jacobson-Tabrum-Doremus and Larraza

Blueliners:
        LaLeggia-Lee
        Ryder-Didier
        Mayfield

Brittain in goal and Olkinuora and Murray as backups.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hats off to the Pios they gave it their all!
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Absolutely. Great game, boys.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              This team came back so often, and battled adversity all year long, we weren't wrong to think they could do it again. Not today. Not against an FSU team that played exactly the game they wanted to play. And throttled DU's power play. Key to game, IMO. Anyway, congratulations to FSU, and if you get Meeechigan tomorrow night, drill 'em a new a*shole, okay?
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

That was one hell of a well played and hard fought game. DU didn't deserve the loss, but neither did FSU.

Your team persevered through a ton this year, and they kept battling. The fact that they played well enough to make the tourney this year in spite of everything speaks volumes about the character of this group. So while it obviously did not end the way DU would have wanted it to, you all deserve to be proud of the season they had. I think all I can do is respectfully tip my cap to my team's biggest rival.
                Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by totalx
                  From everything I have read about this Denver team, I think you hit it spot on. I am a Ferris fan and agree that both teams deserved to win. Just an all around great game. I think any college hockey fan (except maybe the people in the Dakotas..they drink different water or something, I swear) can appreciate a team that turns their season around when faced with adversity and makes it to the tourney. I have a lot of respect for DU and their program after this week, much more so than several other high profile programs around the country.

I wish your team and program the best and hope to see the two face off again in the future.
                  I think North Dakota fans appreciate second half turnarounds just as much as (if not more than) any fanbase. What a potshot. Despite this idiotic statement, I'll still be cheering for Ferris State tomorrow.

Congratulations to Denver on a great season. I was hoping that I would get to see the Pios down in Tampa, but it was not to be. Well played game by both sides this afternoon.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I think North Dakota fans appreciate second half turnarounds just as much as (if not more than) any fanbase. What a potshot. Despite this idiotic statement, I'll still be cheering for Ferris State tomorrow.

Congratulations to Denver on a great season. I was hoping that I would get to see the Pios down in Tampa, but it was not to be. Well played game by both sides this afternoon.
                    The last several years of second half Sioux turnarounds slid underneath his radar. But I appreciate the love for the Pioneers.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      The last several years of second half Sioux turnarounds slid underneath his radar.
                      Apparently. DU and UND had very similar years this year (hopefully North Dakota has a bit more success yet to come). They both had to battle significant injuries to significant players. I still think that Denver was the best team in the WCHA this season (that may or may not being saying much given that the WCHA is a bit weak this year), but they just had bad luck with injuries. Zucker was obviously still hurt, but played with a ton of heart out there today. Denver should be very good next year as well, and hopefully Zucker and Shore (Drew) come back. That would be an awful scary team.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Apparently. DU and UND had very similar years this year (hopefully North Dakota has a bit more success yet to come). They both had to battle significant injuries to significant players. I still think that Denver was the best team in the WCHA this season (that may or may not being saying much given that the WCHA is a bit weak this year), but they just had bad luck with injuries. Zucker was obviously still hurt, but played with a ton of heart out there today. Denver should be very good next year as well, and hopefully Zucker and Shore (Drew) come back. That would be an awful scary team.
                        I was thinking the same thing about JZ, but didn't want to sound biased. To my eyes, that kid did everything you could ask for to get the W. About five times right on the doorstep, two breakaways, and numerous other shots. He was flying all night. He was obviously playing hurt and just wasn't quite up to his usual standard. Even so, he's a 10 on anybody's toughness scale. Lordy, how I wish he'd come back next year, but the odds are apparantly heavily against it.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 03-23-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

DU Post Game Press Conference, Gwoz mentioned that Jay Z had to give up a shot one time and pass the puck because he had no power to shoot it. Jay Z said he spent all week rehabbing so he could shoot the puck. Hats off to him on a valiant effort.

From DU website recap:
                          Junior Chris Knowlton (Colorado Springs, Colo.), sophomore Jason Zucker (Las Vegas) and freshman Josiah Didier (Littleton, Colo.) played today despite significant injuries. Zucker had a team-high seven shots on goal.
                          The game marked the end to the careers of Nate Dewhurst (Johnston, Iowa), John Lee (Moorhead, Minn.), Dustin Jackson (Omaha, Neb.), student assistant coach David Carle (Anchorage, Alaska), Ryder and Salazar. The senior class was the second in school history to participate in four NCAA tournaments and the 10th to post 100 career wins.

Last edited by du78; 03-23-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

That was a heck of a game. And if a couple of Zucker shots had just a bit more, luck, DU could easily have won that thing 4-2.

Ferris State's goalie was pretty darn impressive today. Both teams played a really good game I thought, and barring a run by Air Force, I will pull for Ferris State the rest of the way.

On to thoughts of next year.

Comment

Eh, I should not have classified the entire fanbase under this category. I actually know several Sioux fans on a personal level and my statement was out of line. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by totalx View Post
                                Eh, I should not have classified the entire fanbase under this category. I actually know several Sioux fans on a personal level and my statement was out of line. My apologies.
                                Apology accepted. Now...go out tomorrow and get to the Frozen Four (not you personally, but your team).
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X