X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
    That makes one of us. Did he make any trips to Canada about 30 years ago by chance?
    My family has a strict No Canada policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
      My family has a strict No Canada policy.
      Your hockey team certainty doesn't... You are actually borderline ridiculous at this point. A hockey fan that hates Canada? Grow a brain.
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
        Your hockey team certainty doesn't... You are actually borderline ridiculous at this point. A hockey fan that hates Canada? Grow a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
          I doubt there will be more than a handful of DU fans at the game. Maybe some people that live in the area, but I doubt that many will be travelling there. Maybe DU fans will prove me wrong, but we typically don't show up in big numbers at regionals.

I don't know if the person you speak of attends regionals, as the only regional that I've ever attended was in Colo. Spgs. in 04...I don't recall hearing first hand accounts of regionals from said person, but I could be wrong.

Sounds so mysterious...
          I can't entirely blame Denver fans who are, er, located in Denver, but I've never seen many traveling, either here in Duluth or in Ann Arbor in '02.

Sorry to bring up Ann Arbor in '02. Well, not that sorry.
          Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post

I don’t live in the middle anymore. That’s where you get slaughtered. That’s where you get embarrassed in front of the prom queen. And that’s just not an option.
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

On a serious note, can we get a headcount for tomorrow afternoon at Boone's Tavern? My boyfriend and I are baking tonight and want to make sure we have enough for everyone that wants to play ookie cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                I can't entirely blame Denver fans who are, er, located in Denver, but I've never seen many traveling, either here in Duluth or in Ann Arbor in '02.

That was a dirty low blow Mr. Undertow I wasn't a fanatic at the time, but that clip still brings serious pain.

That game and '99 have many Denver fans looking forward to a possible rematch with Michigan. Perhaps that's a bad idea, but we'll have to face our demons eventually. Hopefully Gwoz is showing that clip to the players tonight.

Comment

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg******

From Adrian Dater in Denver Post

Notes: The Pioneers will start Sam Brittain in goal today. ... Forward Beau Bennett (wrist) made the trip with the Pioneers but is doubtful to play. ... Forward Jason Zucker (upper-body injury) will be a game-time decision for DU. ... This is Denver's 23rd NCAA Tournament appearance. ... Forwards Chris Knowlton (lower body) and Paul Phillips (upper body) are questionable.
                  Last edited by du78; 03-23-2012, 08:38 AM.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    *****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg******

From Adrian Dater in Denver Post
                    Notes: The Pioneers will start Sam Brittain in goal today. ... Forward Beau Bennett (wrist) made the trip with the Pioneers but is doubtful to play. ... Forward Jason Zucker (upper-body injury) will be a game-time decision for DU. ... This is Denver's 23rd NCAA Tournament appearance. ... Forwards Chris Knowlton (lower body) and Paul Phillips (upper body) are questionable.
                    My interpretation of this, they will all be playing tonight!!!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post

My interpretation of this, they will all be playing tonight!!!
                      Hopefully they all are able to go. Good luck to Denver tonight. Make the WCHA proud!
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

From Twitter

Denver Hockey ‏ @DU_Hockey
                        Zucker, Didier, Bennett and Knowlton participating in pre-game skate. Phillips not on the ice. All are still game-time decisions.
                        Also Makowski did not make the trip.
                        Last edited by du78; 03-23-2012, 10:19 AM.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Good luck Pios, do work.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

DU going into today's game with 4 healthy defensemen: Joey LaLeggia, John Lee, John Ryder and Scott Mayfield. Josiah Didier skated in this morning's pre-game skate and Paul Phillips did not. They will be game time decisions. David Makowski and Wade Bennett are both out. DU could have between 4 and 6 d-men dressing tonight. If 4 or 5 dress, it is likely some forwards will slide back in the 3rd pair.

Forwards Beau Bennett, Jason Zucker and Chris Knowlton all skated this morning and will be game time decisions.
                            Last edited by du78; 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                              I dislike the weasels/skunk bears/wolverines. That was before I read the story. And my opinion has not changed.
                              My knowledge of this weekend was limited to #1 seed DU having to play at Yost, home ice, for the ugly helmets. And the unfortunate result.
                              Gwoz' gamesmanship in getting the best dressing room--after all it was a NCAA regional, supposedly not a home game. If I were a SCSU fan I would despise the skunkbears. Intimidating and striking cheerleader(s) and tackling the mascot--over the line. But must applaud the weasel fans' dedication and passion. Would have to believe the raucous celebrations of the fans led to the structural problems that afflicted Yost. Glad we could do some damage.

Seriously, we must beat the Bulldogs today so we can get some revenge tomorrow!
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 03-23-2012, 11:14 AM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                                DU going into today's game with 4 healthy defensemen: Joey LaLeggia, John Lee, John Ryder and Scott Mayfield. Josiah Didier skated in this morning's pre-game skate and Paul Phillips did not. They will be game time decisions. David Makowski and Wade Bennett are both out. DU could have between 4 and 6 d-men dressing tonight. If 4 or 5 dress, it is likely some forwards will slide back in the 3rd pair.

Forwards Beau Bennett, Jason Zucker and Chris Knowlton all skated this morning and will be game time decisions.
                                I remember the good old days of 2011 when we skated with 7 on D.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X