PDA

View Full Version : All Things Denver XXXIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Caustic Undertow
03-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Is Denver sending any fans to the regional?

Tangent question that may be unanswerable: Does Anyone Who Knows happen to know if a certain legendary once-frequenter of these DU threads who unfortunately ceased to post is the sort who makes these regional trips? I've never met said individual, but I will be in Green Bay on Friday with my family and I wouldn't mind putting a face with a name. We traded some enjoyable writing back in the day.

ScottA
03-22-2012, 07:27 PM
About 100 fans via DU ticket allotment, per box office.

I am sworn to secrecy re: PS, but suffice it to say he is as excellent in person as he was on these boards. This is a lesser place without him. A fan's fan.

Pablo
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Is Denver sending any fans to the regional?

Tangent question that may be unanswerable: Does Anyone Who Knows happen to know if a certain legendary once-frequenter of these DU threads who unfortunately ceased to post is the sort who makes these regional trips? I've never met said individual, but I will be in Green Bay on Friday with my family and I wouldn't mind putting a face with a name. We traded some enjoyable writing back in the day.
I doubt there will be more than a handful of DU fans at the game. Maybe some people that live in the area, but I doubt that many will be travelling there. Maybe DU fans will prove me wrong, but we typically don't show up in big numbers at regionals.

I don't know if the person you speak of attends regionals, as the only regional that I've ever attended was in Colo. Spgs. in 04...I don't recall hearing first hand accounts of regionals from said person, but I could be wrong.

Sounds so mysterious...

duper
03-22-2012, 08:04 PM
my mom is a Canadian citizen.I beat the **** out of a guy for saying my ma wore combat boots. I'd be in prison for what I'd do if anyone ever said some **** like this about my ma.

ronmexico
03-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I beat the **** out of a guy for saying my ma wore combat boots. I'd be in prison for what I'd do if anyone ever said some **** like this about my ma.

Is it just your mom or do you have daddy issues too? :)

duper
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Is it just your mom or do you have daddy issues too? :)Well, I know who my daddy is, so what's the issue?

ronmexico
03-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Well, I know who my daddy is, so what's the issue?

That makes one of us. :( Did he make any trips to Canada about 30 years ago by chance?

duper
03-22-2012, 08:48 PM
That makes one of us. :( Did he make any trips to Canada about 30 years ago by chance?My family has a strict No Canada policy.

ronmexico
03-22-2012, 08:55 PM
My family has a strict No Canada policy.

Your hockey team certainty doesn't... You are actually borderline ridiculous at this point. A hockey fan that hates Canada? Grow a brain.

duper
03-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Your hockey team certainty doesn't... You are actually borderline ridiculous at this point. A hockey fan that hates Canada? Grow a brain.;)

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.

Caustic Undertow
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I doubt there will be more than a handful of DU fans at the game. Maybe some people that live in the area, but I doubt that many will be travelling there. Maybe DU fans will prove me wrong, but we typically don't show up in big numbers at regionals.

I don't know if the person you speak of attends regionals, as the only regional that I've ever attended was in Colo. Spgs. in 04...I don't recall hearing first hand accounts of regionals from said person, but I could be wrong.

Sounds so mysterious...

I can't entirely blame Denver fans who are, er, located in Denver, but I've never seen many traveling, either here in Duluth or in Ann Arbor in '02.

Sorry to bring up Ann Arbor in '02. Well, not that sorry. (http://mgoblog.com/diaries/ten-years-later-2002-regionals-molly-and-greatest-weekend-yost-history)

ronmexico
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
;)

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.

;)

I donít live in the middle anymore. Thatís where you get slaughtered. Thatís where you get embarrassed in front of the prom queen. And thatís just not an option.

ronmexico
03-22-2012, 09:32 PM
On a serious note, can we get a headcount for tomorrow afternoon at Boone's Tavern? My boyfriend and I are baking tonight and want to make sure we have enough for everyone that wants to play ookie cookie. :rolleyes:

Cross-Czech
03-22-2012, 11:05 PM
I can't entirely blame Denver fans who are, er, located in Denver, but I've never seen many traveling, either here in Duluth or in Ann Arbor in '02.

Sorry to bring up Ann Arbor in '02. Well, not that sorry. (http://mgoblog.com/diaries/ten-years-later-2002-regionals-molly-and-greatest-weekend-yost-history)

That was a dirty low blow Mr. Undertow :mad::(:o I wasn't a fanatic at the time, but that clip still brings serious pain.

That game and '99 have many Denver fans looking forward to a possible rematch with Michigan. Perhaps that's a bad idea, but we'll have to face our demons eventually. Hopefully Gwoz is showing that clip to the players tonight.

du78
03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg

From Adrian Dater in Denver Post

Notes: The Pioneers will start Sam Brittain in goal today. ... Forward Beau Bennett (wrist) made the trip with the Pioneers but is doubtful to play. ... Forward Jason Zucker (upper-body injury) will be a game-time decision for DU. ... This is Denver's 23rd NCAA Tournament appearance. ... Forwards Chris Knowlton (lower body) and Paul Phillips (upper body) are questionable.

Dmann
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg

From Adrian Dater in Denver Post

Notes: The Pioneers will start Sam Brittain in goal today. ... Forward Beau Bennett (wrist) made the trip with the Pioneers but is doubtful to play. ... Forward Jason Zucker (upper-body injury) will be a game-time decision for DU. ... This is Denver's 23rd NCAA Tournament appearance. ... Forwards Chris Knowlton (lower body) and Paul Phillips (upper body) are questionable.

My interpretation of this, they will all be playing tonight!!!

Fighting Sioux 23
03-23-2012, 09:26 AM

My interpretation of this, they will all be playing tonight!!!

Hopefully they all are able to go. Good luck to Denver tonight. Make the WCHA proud!

du78
03-23-2012, 09:46 AM
From Twitter

Denver Hockey ‏ @DU_Hockey
Zucker, Didier, Bennett and Knowlton participating in pre-game skate. Phillips not on the ice. All are still game-time decisions.

Also Makowski did not make the trip.

cross cheque
03-23-2012, 09:49 AM

Good luck Pios, do work.

du78
03-23-2012, 10:39 AM
DU going into today's game with 4 healthy defensemen: Joey LaLeggia, John Lee, John Ryder and Scott Mayfield. Josiah Didier skated in this morning's pre-game skate and Paul Phillips did not. They will be game time decisions. David Makowski and Wade Bennett are both out. DU could have between 4 and 6 d-men dressing tonight. If 4 or 5 dress, it is likely some forwards will slide back in the 3rd pair.

Forwards Beau Bennett, Jason Zucker and Chris Knowlton all skated this morning and will be game time decisions.