This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Just curious - what is the story with the suspended players?
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
      Just curious - what is the story with the suspended players?
      Coach Gwoz is famous/infamous for not divulging any information.

We still have Brittain and Murray in goal. But with only 13 forwards....and Matt Tabrum has a leg (or should I say lower body) injury and hasn't been practicing. Tabrum was the 4th line center last year.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Coach Gwoz is famous/infamous for not divulging any information.

We still have Brittain and Murray in goal. But with only 13 forwards....and Matt Tabrum has a leg (or should I say lower body) injury and hasn't been practicing. Tabrum was the 4th line center last year.
        Obviously I've been out to lunch. Which suspended players? What's the story?
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Obviously I've been out to lunch. Which suspended players? What's the story?
          Larkin Jacobson and Jussi Olkinura were suspended by Gwoz for 4 games for separate incidents per Chambers. DU will dress 11 forwards and 7 d-men to reach the 18 skater limit. Brittain, Murray and Hope will dress as the 3 home goalies. Haven't heard how long Tabrum will be out.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...ds-two-players
          Last edited by du78; 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

1 Day Until DU's Next Game

#1 is Sam Brittain, Junior Goaltender

October 5, 2012
            GO DU !!!

Comment

1 Day Until DU's Next Game

#1 is Sam Brittain, Junior Goaltender

October 5, 2012
              I usually consider my self a Patriot but i will make an exception for GREAT BRITTAIN!! I really think he will dominate this year!
              GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                Larkin Jacobson and Jussi Olkinura were suspended by Gwoz for 4 games for separate incidents per Chambers. DU will dress 11 forwards and 7 d-men to reach the 18 skater limit. Brittain, Murray and Hope will dress as the 3 home goalies. Haven't heard how long Tabrum will be out.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...ds-two-players
                Thanks. Say what you will about Gwoz, he doesn't put up with misbehavior. Anyone who would suspend his 3rd leading scorer on the eve of the biggest DU game in a generation, takes it very seriously.

Yet Dora was there in the WH, and President Bush gave him a shout out. That's the very definition of classy. Let the kid know four years of contributions weren't erased by one mistake.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 10-05-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

DU Hockey Preview

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205705919

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

I know some of you read UND's forums (I'm a moderator there so I can see IPs), but in case you missed it, and in light of these DU suspensions:

We're all just a lawn mower toss away from the next problem.

Your turn.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      I know some of you read UND's forums (I'm a moderator there so I can see IPs), but in case you missed it, and in light of these DU suspensions:

Your turn.
                      I'll drink to that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Your turn.
                        Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        I'll drink to that.
                        And we all know Old Pio is a man of his word.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

I've always wondered, if the Coach consults or even calls the parents in these situations, before handing out these types of suspensions. Interesting that they are allowed to practice but not play. You have to wonder, come parents weekend, if the other parent's are giving these Moms & Dads the google eyes. Probably not; boys will be boys - and I'm sure they learn their lessons - especially when it happens to top tier, drafted kids.
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

I don't have time to read the whole thread, but is there a reason for Denver to be so short of players, or did they do it to guarantee ice time?
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

And we all know Old Pio is a man of his word.
                              Or my latest conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                I don't have time to read the whole thread, but is there a reason for Denver to be so short of players, or did they do it to guarantee ice time?
                                4 goalies with 2 getting full scholarships with the 3rd probably getting something this season. Most players at DU are getting full or partial scholarships due to the high cost of the school. Wade Bennett had to retire from hockey before training camp due to injuries. Dan Olzsiewski was suspended indefinitely last last season and is not on the team anymore. Both were non-scholie players as far as I know. Lost 3 underclassmen forwards to pros. That is five players that could have been here this season. Almost all of the recruits that are coming in next season are still in high school so no one could come in early. This year's players will not be complaining about playing time. Team has 20 skaters and 4 goalies. Down to 18 skaters and 3 goalies to start the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X