X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by duper View Post
    I'm going to do something crazy and unusual (for me) and post some thoughts about DU hockey.

I'm pretty excited to watch Nick Shore and Joey LaLeggia. My favorite freshman last year was Josiah Didier, so I'm also excited to see how (if) he progresses.

Among the freshmen, I'm interested in Gabe Levin and Grant Arnold, but will obviously be interested to see how Quentin Shore and Nolan Zajac do.
    Sup, Duper. This will be one of the first years that I'll be more excited to see our defensive players, rather than our forwards. We are absolutely stacked in the goal and on D. Can't wait to see La Leggia and Mayfield together on the blue line. What a combo they will be.

Offense--I have no idea. I know there will be a lot of pressure on Nick Shore to produce. I hope he is working his *** off this summer--he showed great potential last year, but I'm not yet convinced that he can be our "go to" guy. Whether or not Knowlton can take his game to the next level will be another key to our success next season.

Comment

From Twitter

@CoachGwoz announced that Wade Bennett has retired from hockey due to injuries. Bennett will remain with the team as a student assistant.
      Wade never dressed for a game at DU last season and he is just beginning his soph year. Good luck to him as he becomes another Gwoz disciple!

DU roster is at 24 with 4 goalies and 20 skaters (13 F and 7 D).

TV Update, the two games at UND on 12/7 and 12/8 will be broadcast on Fox College Sports (FCS). Also looks like the DU at Minny game on 3/1 will be broadcast on BTN and the 3/2 game will be on FSN North. That makes 25 of DU's 35 games available on TV or on Pioneer Vision.
      Last edited by du78; 09-18-2012, 01:44 PM.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        From Twitter

Wade never dressed for a game at DU last season and he is just beginning his soph year. Good luck to him as he becomes another Gwoz disciple!

DU roster is at 24 with 4 goalies and 20 skaters (13 F and 7 D).

TV Update, the two games at UND on 12/7 and 12/8 will be broadcast on Fox College Sports (FCS). Also looks like the DU at Minny game on 3/2 will be broadcast on BTN.
        I just looked at DU's roster on denverpioneers.com and Wade has been removed. Strangely enough, Drew Shore has been added which has to be some sort of error. Maybe DU has added one of their recruits who was going to defer and will wear #15, but #15 wasn't changed from 'Drew Shore'? I don't really know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I just looked at DU's roster on denverpioneers.com and Wade has been removed. Strangely enough, Drew Shore has been added which has to be some sort of error. Maybe DU has added one of their recruits who was going to defer and will wear #15, but #15 wasn't changed from 'Drew Shore'? I don't really know.
          I saw that and my 24 doesn't include Drew. Not sure we can add anyone for the fall quarter as school has started. Maybe a walk-on already registered in school or maybe they will add someone after the fall quarter in December.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            Sup, Duper. This will be one of the first years that I'll be more excited to see our defensive players, rather than our forwards. We are absolutely stacked in the goal and on D. Can't wait to see La Leggia and Mayfield together on the blue line. What a combo they will be.

Offense--I have no idea. I know there will be a lot of pressure on Nick Shore to produce. I hope he is working his *** off this summer--he showed great potential last year, but I'm not yet convinced that he can be our "go to" guy. Whether or not Knowlton can take his game to the next level will be another key to our success next season.
            I agree. If everyone stays healthy and plays to potential, I could see DU winning some 1-0 and 2-1 games.

Edit: It would have been nice to see all three Shore brothers on there, and have it not be a mistake.
            Last edited by duper; 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Drew Shore was not listed on the roster for 2011-12 last week. I'm guessing that someone made an incorrect correction. Unless Shore Four has decided to skip high scholl and enroll early at DU.

Joe Colborne just started skating with the Marlies after wrist surgery in June.
              Torn ligaments. broken bone OUCH!
              http://kylethereporter.com/2012/09/1...nally-thought/
              GO DU !!!

Comment

DU's first opponent, the UBC Thunderbirds, start their season this weekend with 2 games against Simon Fraser University's Club team; followed by a series against Regina - then they're here in Colorado. They'll have 4 games under their belts when they hit Pepsi Center..........
                I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

September 19, 2012

17 Days until DU's next game

#17 is Garrett Allen, Freshman Forward

10/06/12 exhibition at Pepsi Center
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Central Scouting has released the Watch List for the 2013 NHL draft.
                    DU recruit Wtll Butcher is listed as a "B" skater meaning 2nd or 3rd round choice.
                    DU freshmen Dakota Mermis and Quentin Shore are listed as "C" skaters meaning 4th round or later.
                    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=83207
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Central Scouting has released the Watch List for the 2013 NHL draft.
                      DU recruit Wtll Butcher is listed as a "B" skater meaning 2nd or 3rd round choice.
                      DU freshmen Dakota Mermis and Quentin Shore are listed as "C" skaters meaning 4th round or later.
                      http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=83207
                      Recruit Trevor Moore is also listed as a'C' skater.

I have to admit that I am a little puzzled, plus a bit worried, with the fact that we only have 20 skaters (13 at forward, 7 on defense) currently on the roster. Unless Zach Hope and/or Adam Murray can skate faster than the wind while handling the puck and can transition to a position player, then I can not comprehend why we have as many backup goalies as we do spare skaters. I suppose if Gwoz has a couple skaters up his sleeve, then we will be okay...or we are just a few injuries from a short bench.

I like our top 18 skaters (especially the d-line) and our goaltending is supreme, however this currently is a very thin roster purely in terms of number of bodies.

Comment

Every year a group of us take a football trip and this year we're headed to Denver (vs San Diego) and luck would have it that is the same weekend as the CC/DU series. How tough are tickets to come by if we wait until last minute? Trying to figure out if I need to be thinking about tickets now or if I just wait until closer to game time...

Thanks.
                        "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                          Every year a group of us take a football trip and this year we're headed to Denver (vs San Diego) and luck would have it that is the same weekend as the CC/DU series. How tough are tickets to come by if we wait until last minute? Trying to figure out if I need to be thinking about tickets now or if I just wait until closer to game time...

Thanks.
                          This game always sells out. Single game tickets went on sale back on Sept. 8th. I wouldn't wait. Here is the link.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            This game always sells out. Single game tickets went on sale back on Sept. 8th. I wouldn't wait. Here is the link.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600
                            Agreed. Also, if you have tickets and you ultimately can't make it to the games, you can usually unload your tickets and recoup your money (or at least most of it).
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Agreed. Also, if you have tickets and you ultimately can't make it to the games, you can usually unload your tickets and recoup your money (or at least most of it).
                              Thanks guys, that is what I suspected.
                              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

September 20, 2012

16 Days until DU's next game

#16 is Zac Larraza, Sophomore Forward

10/06/12 exhibition at Pepsi Center
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X