This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Anyone have hotel recommendations, either where to stay or not stay?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      I used to stay in the Loews Denver Hotel (used to be called Giorgio) Small. Elegant (great bar) terrific service and just a few minutes from campus.

http://www.loewshotels.com/Denver-Hotel
      Last edited by Old Pio; 08-11-2012, 05:34 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        If you want the best hotel for the money, use Hotwire.

The only question boils down to if you have a car or not. If not, staying downtown and using light rail is the way to go.

The best hotels for DU events are:

Loews
        The Inverness Hotel
        Hyatt Denver Tech Center
        Hyatt - Downtown

One of these hotels is almost always available on Hotwire, listed as a four star hotel and in the $69-129 range during the hockey season. Many visiting teams and parents stay at the Hyatt DTC.

Comment

Also, check out the Magnolia Hotel downtown. Really nice suite-type rooms, right in the middle of downtown, and probably won't cost you much more than some of the other hotels that DG mentions. All sorts of perks, with free wine and beer happy hour, a nice breakfast, cookie bar at night. Best thing--it's right by the light rail, so you can walk a block from the hotel, get on the light rail, and get off the light rail at the DU station. About a 15 minutes ride. Then, you could enjoy downtown and hockey without needing a car or paying for parking at the DU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            Also, check out the Magnolia Hotel downtown. Really nice suite-type rooms, right in the middle of downtown, and probably won't cost you much more than some of the other hotels that DG mentions. All sorts of perks, with free wine and beer happy hour, a nice breakfast, cookie bar at night. Best thing--it's right by the light rail, so you can walk a block from the hotel, get on the light rail, and get off the light rail at the DU station. About a 15 minutes ride. Then, you could enjoy downtown and hockey without needing a car or paying for parking at the DU game.
            COOKIE BAR???!!! Count me in. Taking light rail into consideration, with its DU station, is of fairly recent vintage. And taking advantage of that service sounds like a great idea. 'Course that would cut into Border time significantly.

I highly recommend the Border for our out of town guests. Quaint neighborhood watering hole. Beauitiful decor. Charming, friendly people. Convivial. Great service. And a well deserved reputation for being the place to meet the best DU has to offer. Be sure to wear your UML gear, it's a Border tradition to warmly welcome fans of visiting teams. And sing your fightsong a lot, especially if you win.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 08-13-2012, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              COOKIE BAR???!!! Count me in. Taking light rail into consideration, with its DU station, is of fairly recent vintage. And taking advantage of that service sounds like a great idea. 'Course that would cut into Border time significantly.
              I know, the cookie bar rocks. The wine and beer happy hour ain't bad, either. The place is nice, and a great value.

Comment

How old are you? If you're relatively young but have some money to play with, the Curtis hotel downtown is fun. Wherever you stay, unless you are renting a car, there is zero chance I would stay anywhere but downtown. It's not much more expensive and ten times as fun. And yes, direct train connection to DU games.

Comment

I highly recommend the Border for our out of town guests. Quaint neighborhood watering hole. Beauitiful decor. Charming, friendly people. Convivial. Great service. And a well deserved reputation for being the place to meet the best DU has to offer. Be sure to wear your UML gear, it's a Border tradition to warmly welcome fans of visiting teams. And sing your fightsong a lot, especially if you win.
                  Trying to start trouble with the opposing team's fans before the season begins.
                  You must be warming up for the season. or is it the big debate at DU?
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Trying to start trouble with the opposing team's fans before the season begins.
                    You must be warming up for the season. or is it the big debate at DU?
                    Two a days.

Comment

Two a days.
                      Hope you are getting the Crown Royal man in fighting form and getting preventive maintenance on that industrial strengih ice maker.

I'm not really a fan of wine in the box, but for CC and UND weekends, it may be a reasonable alternative.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Hope you are getting the Crown Royal man in fighting form and getting preventive maintenance on that industrial strengih ice maker.

I'm not really a fan of wine in the box, but for CC and UND weekends, it may be a reasonable alternative.
                        I got the extended warantee on the ice maker, which includes annual service, so I'm okay there. I worked out a deal with Crown Royal, I get a special rate and extra special service, in return for which they ultimately get to display my liver in their museum.

Comment

DU Pro Camp set for Aug 20-24

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=18600

DU hockey professional alumni expected to participate in this year's camp are Paul Stastny (Colorado Avalanche), Tyler Bozak (Toronto Maple Leafs), Brett Skinner, Gabe Gauthier, Luke Fulghum, Aaron MacKenzie, J.P. Testwuide, Patrick Mullen, Geoff Paukovich, Drew Shore, Anthony Maiani, John Ryder and Dustin Jackson. Former Pioneer Stephen Cunningham and local goaltender Casey Sherwood will also participate in the camp.

Other professional players expected attend the camp include David Jones (Colorado Avalanche), Curtis McElhinney (Columbus Blue Jackets), Kyle Quincey (Detroit Red Wings), Garnet Exelby (Boston Bruins ) and Ben Guite. Former Colorado College goaltender Richard Bachman (Dallas Stars) could also attend the camp.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Today is August 17, 2012.
                            There are 50 days until DU's next game.

October 6 exhibition game.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

It's Hockey Night in Sweden

Two former DU Captains face off against each other in the European Trophy series.
                              On the first line for HV71 is Rhett Rakhshani and on defense for the Vienna Capitals is Adrian Veideman.

Twitter link @HV71 has All Access HVTV. Part 1 includes Rhett on his first trip to a Swedish grocery store guided by HV forward Oscar Sundh. That is at about the 10 minute mark and goes for 3 minutes or so.

BTW, during the SEL season Rhett will be playing against UMD"s Jack Connolly who is playing for Farjestad.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Have we had a report on the proposed improvements to the locker room? Including, one prays, the removal of that duck logo. Has the project been dumped? There've several reports on the Vince Boryla massage parlor, but nary a word about the locker room.

Comment

Working...
                                X