This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Anyone know when (or even approximately when) season game tickets go on sale?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Here's how to get info, but it doesn't say when they will be on sale.
      http://denverpioneers.com/quest/Ques...B_OEM_ID=18600
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Thanks. And seriously, you guys charge more for UND games than CC?!?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Here's how to get info, but it doesn't say when they will be on sale.
          http://denverpioneers.com/quest/Ques...B_OEM_ID=18600
          Existing season ticket holders sale began on August 1st.

I was just looking at the pricing and it seems pretty reasonable for someone that pays to go to pro games in NY. The individual game ticket prices are less than I pay just to park at Yankee Stadium.
          Last edited by du78; 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Just as a reminder of our roster, who wants to take a shot at our lines? Forward lines and defensive pairings?

OK, I just got excited!!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Beware, there's a group who's been posting on here, and they're all coming out here from UML for opening night. That will be the first time many of them have set foot inside Magness arena - and the first time us fans will have been in there since last spring. Don't know too much about those UML fans - but it's important that we fill the place and play 60 minutes of DU hockey.... and send them home disappointed. Please, let's not start the season off with a L. You and I both know they're not as hideous as a North Dakota fan; and they're not as stupid as CC fans - so heck; I like them already!
              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                Beware, there's a group who's been posting on here, and they're all coming out here from UML for opening night. That will be the first time many of them have set foot inside Magness arena - and the first time us fans will have been in there since last spring. Don't know too much about those UML fans - but it's important that we fill the place and play 60 minutes of DU hockey.... and send them home disappointed. Please, let's not start the season off with a L. You and I both know they're not as hideous as a North Dakota fan; and they're not as stupid as CC fans - so heck; I like them already!
                Let 'em come, and welcome. Let 'em enjoy the great weather, the front range, the beautiful campus, take their money, kick their as*es and send 'em home happy.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Today is August 7, 2012.
                  There are 60 days until DU's next game.

October 6 exhibition game.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

"14ers" must be proud of the Pio Women's basketball team which scaled the heights of Mount Bierstadt at 14,065 feet.
                    http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205564564
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      In previous years I might have been able to get you a date, but my in at DU is "no longer with the company."

Comment

"14ers" must be proud of the Pio Women's basketball team which scaled the heights of Mount Bierstadt at 14,065 feet.
                        http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205564564
                        I'd imagine so. I got a nose bleed just reading about it. And was also reminded that Alan Breck climbed just about every mountain in Colorado worthy of the name.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 08-08-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Just a little pre-season trivia.

DU Athletic Hall of Fame--Hockey Division

Inaugural Class 1996
                          Murray Armstrong, Keith Magnuson, Bill Masterton

Eddie Miller 1950-53

Marty Howe
                          George Kirkwood
                          George Konik
                          Jerry Walker
                          Team Honors--1957-58, 1959-60, 1960-61
                          Marshall Johnston--player 1961-63, coach 1977-81

Cliff Koroll
                          Gerry Powers
                          Jim Wiste
                          Special--Craig Patrick--player 1966-69, athletic director 1987-89
                          Team Honors--1967-68, 1968-69
                          Ron Grahame (lacrosse too)

Dallas Gaume 1982-86

Miller and Gaume are the only two outside of the Armstrong era. I expect Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle will join this group.
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Just a little pre-season trivia.

DU Athletic Hall of Fame--Hockey Division

Inaugural Class 1996
                            Murray Armstrong, Keith Magnuson, Bill Masterton

Eddie Miller 1950-53

Marty Howe
                            George Kirkwood
                            George Konik
                            Jerry Walker
                            Team Honors--1957-58, 1959-60, 1960-61
                            Marshall Johnston--player 1961-63, coach 1977-81

Cliff Koroll
                            Gerry Powers
                            Jim Wiste
                            Special--Craig Patrick--player 1966-69, athletic director 1987-89
                            Team Honors--1967-68, 1968-69
                            Ron Grahame (lacrosse too)

Dallas Gaume 1982-86

Miller and Gaume are the only two outside of the Armstrong era. I expect Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle will join this group.
                            Koroll, Powers, Wiste, Patrick: those are great players on some great teams. Trust me.

Comment

So as previously mentioned, the preseason opener with the T-Birds evidently won't be in Magness. Although the debacle; oops, I mean.... debate... is on the 3rd. Barack, Mit and thier respective Secret Service entourages will be long gone from Colorado by the 6th. I would say the issue is, getting the media crap out of the building and then getting the place back into hockey config in 3 days is the real issue at hand. They're taking out the dashers, glass, benches. I thought the ice was being removed too...... so that 'splains why the place can't possibly be hockey-ready by Oct 6.
                              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                                So as previously mentioned, the preseason opener with the T-Birds evidently won't be in Magness. Although the debacle; oops, I mean.... debate... is on the 3rd. Barack, Mit and thier respective Secret Service entourages will be long gone from Colorado by the 6th. I would say the issue is, getting the media crap out of the building and then getting the place back into hockey config in 3 days is the real issue at hand. They're taking out the dashers, glass, benches. I thought the ice was being removed too...... so that 'splains why the place can't possibly be hockey-ready by Oct 6.
                                This is gonna be a deal where Gwoz, through clenched teeth, says all the right things about putting DU on the map and the "history" of having a debate and blah, blah, blah. My guess is he hates the idea and the disruption to his team and their season.

Comment

Working...
                                X