This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

The suspense is over. INCH picked Josiah Didier for DU's entry in the A to Z list.
    I think Ryder was grooming him to take over the "The Big Truck" role.
    http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../01/az_didier/
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      The suspense is over. INCH picked Josiah Didier for DU's entry in the A to Z list.
      I think Ryder was grooming him to take over the "The Big Truck" role.
      http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../01/az_didier/
      Didier was by far my favorite of the Freshies last year.

Comment

Hmmmm. "Most likely" at Pepsi.......I wouldn't be surprised if they forego the Pepsi Center for the Denver Coliseum. That would be a nice dress rehearsal for the Coliseum staff who will be working the 'Cuts games.... and maybe a nice marketing op for them too (if the building is available, and if the 'Cuts are available)
        I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

PioneerVision has announced the fall schedule:
          Oct. 19 and 20 UMass-Lowell and Air Force
          Oct. 26 & 27 Michigan Tech
          Nov. 2 and 3 St Cloud State
          Nov. 9 & 10 Minnesota State @ Mankato
          Nov. 16 & 17 Colorado College**
          All are audio, not video--**hoping this means a TV telecast somewhere

Would think the exhibition would be broadcast???
          Last edited by vizoroo; 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            PioneerVision has announced the fall schedule:
            Oct. 19 and 20 UMass-Lowell and Air Force
            Oct. 26 & 27 Michigan Tech
            Nov. 2 and 3 St Cloud State
            Nov. 9 & 10 Minnesota State @ Mankato
            Nov. 16 & 17 Colorado College**
            All are audio, not video--**hoping this means a TV telecast somewhere

Would think the exhibition would be broadcast???

*clears throat* "flying solo" "working without a net" "tiny ice" "gigantic ice"
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

In the heat of the summer OKC City Council is thinking of hockey. No pressure Matt, but the state of hockey in Oklahoma depends on you.
              http://newsok.com/oklahoma-scene-cit...rticle/3696814
              GO DU !!!

Comment

According to Mike Chambers, Kyle Ostrow has signed with the Colorado Eagles.
                Former DU captain Kyle Ostrow has signed with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL, bringing the Canadian back to Colorado after playing his first year as a pro with the Chicago Express (ECHL) and Rochester Americans (AHL). Ostrow is an outstanding two-way player — with NHL-type wheels.

A week ago, the Eagles signed former DU co-captain and one-time NHLer Gabe Gauthier, who helpd the Pioneers win national titles in 2004 and 2005. In addition to the Ostrow announcement, the Eagles also said they have signed former Colorado College defenseman Arthur Bidwill.

Ostrow, DU’s captain in 2011-12, produced 31 points (11 goals) in 59 games with the Express last season, and played two games (zero points) with the Americans. He amassed 105 points (55 goals) in 158 career NCAA games. Ostrow’s younger brother, Shawn Ostrow, will be a senior for the Pioneers this season.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

OK, it's August, it's time to ramp it up in the posting department. Let's get the whole gang out of hiding and start talking hockey. I'll get things started:

1- Who is going to be our leading scorer?
                  2- Who is going to be the Freshman who turns heads the most?
                  3- Will Makowski be back and be a total stud?
                  4- How will we deal with 3 top notch goalies?
                  5- Other?
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    OK, it's August, it's time to ramp it up in the posting department. Let's get the whole gang out of hiding and start talking hockey. I'll get things started:
                    Are you sure you want everyone to come out of hiding?
                    Originally posted by vizoroo
                    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                    Originally posted by duper
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                    Originally posted by dggoddard
                    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

3 top notch goalies? In Denver? OK, so I'm being a wiseguy. I guess have concerns about one of them being considered top notch.
                      Over the past couple years, I'm really starting to enjoy seeing the Sophomores turn the corner and become bonafide producers. It's more prevalent when there's a big-name Senior who graduates and moves on.... it's like these kids coming back for their 2nd year have almost been given sub-concious permission to come out of their shells and start throwing their weight around, whereas in their Freshman year, they maybe were timid, and were intimidated by the upper classmen and learning all about the college game. So I say...... keep your eyes on Doremus, Mayfield, LaLeggia...... I think those 3 are going to explode.
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                        3 top notch goalies? In Denver? OK, so I'm being a wiseguy. I guess have concerns about one of them being considered top notch.
                        Over the past couple years, I'm really starting to enjoy seeing the Sophomores turn the corner and become bonafide producers. It's more prevalent when there's a big-name Senior who graduates and moves on.... it's like these kids coming back for their 2nd year have almost been given sub-concious permission to come out of their shells and start throwing their weight around, whereas in their Freshman year, they maybe were timid, and were intimidated by the upper classmen and learning all about the college game. So I say...... keep your eyes on Doremus, Mayfield, LaLeggia...... I think those 3 are going to explode.
                        Ty Loney may be the guy to come on hot. And he's so cute with his rosy cheeks.
                        With Drew gone, Nick may come into his own this year. Last year he seemed "snakebit" when it came to scoring goals. We will need him to be a top line center.

Now if Shawn Ostrow and Chris Knolton can ramp up their game like they did last year, they could bring a nice scoring punch.

(Freshman Dakota Mermis may be the scoring D-man ala LaLeggia. Californian Gabe Levin (who of course will wear #9) played in the NAHL, but as I recall was a scoring machine. He's 5'8" so he must be fast or "slick" like Luke Salazar. Now if Levin can live up to previous #9s-Gauthier, Rakhshani, Beau Bennett-could live with that or maybe just be another Goal Czar without the sopohomore slump.
                        And Shore the Third played well in the U18 World Championships.
                        Can't forget Nolan Zajac he had 39- points from the blueline and he does have a good pedigree
                        Forwards Allen and Arnold--don't really know much about them.
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

According to Mike Chambers
                          Trying out for the Cutthroats Boulder native and forward Stephen Cunningham, who played 18 games for the
                          University of Denver in 2007-08 and 2008-09;
                          From Denver Hockey on twitter
                          Matt Glasser will be playing in China next year. Glasser will be playing for Shanghai in the Asian League

Update: July 31 was "Matt Donovan Day" in OKC. For more @squatchdonovan on twitter
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 08-03-2012, 12:29 AM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post

1- Who is going to be our leading scorer?
                            2- Who is going to be the Freshman who turns heads the most?
                            3- Will Makowski be back and be a total stud?
                            4- How will we deal with 3 top notch goalies?
                            5- Other?
                            1- The smart money would be placed on Nick Shore...however LaLeggia may just do it since he has just an awesome skill set (probably the best on the team)
                            2- I would say Dakota Mermis or Nolan Zajac will be the ones, with QShore doing some nice things as well
                            3- I certainly hope Makowski picks up where he left off. If he does, I foresee he being a top three scorer on the team along with NShore and Leggs...kinda weird that it is a distinct possibility we have 2 d-men in our top 3 scorers but I really do see it, with Ty Loney being a dark horse in the race
                            4- I see Big Sam as being the man, he is soooooo good (70-- or whatever-- saves against UMD in order to further our season needs no explanation) with Olki being pretty darn good as well leaves me feeling good for our between-the-pipes skill...Adam Murray? Meh...he is an absolutely great 3rd goalie but I don't see him as a "stud" or "top notch", though he is definitely way more capable than a regular 3rd-stringer.
                            5-Other?...Well, just "LET'S GO DU!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                              Are you sure you want everyone to come out of hiding?
                              Maybe you could just hide?
                              Don't see many of yer cc cohorts show up around here much anymore, anyhow...
                              tigger fans are weak and feeble...
                              Last edited by Chris; 08-03-2012, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Alright DU fans that's more like it!!! Player predictions, optimism, pessimism even some CC bashing, we are back!!!! It seems like we have some super frosh. I think LaRazza is going to turn some heads!!
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X