PDA

View Full Version : All Things Denver XXXIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

32 Degrees!
09-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Wow I forgot about the team practices. The Secret Service is really clearing the joint out, huh? :rolleyes:

Fighting Sioux 23
09-21-2012, 06:31 PM
September 21, 2012

15 Days until DU's next game

15, the number of fans combined between DU and CC

correction made

You forgot to add this extra tidbit in your correction. :p:D:D

vizoroo
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
September 22, 2012

14 Days until DU's next game

#14 is Larkin Jacobson, Sophomore Forward

10/06/12 exhibition at Pepsi Center

Dmann
09-22-2012, 05:38 PM
September 22, 2012

14 Days until DU's next game

#14 is Larkin Jacobson, Sophomore Forward

Oh God. it's time to start getting nervous!!

vizoroo
09-22-2012, 06:51 PM
September 21, 2012

15 Days until DU's next game

15, the number of fans combined between DU and CC
You forgot to add this extra tidbit in your correction. :p:D:D

FS23, Should we add, 15-the number of skaters the Sue may have available for the UAA games. Or will Hak give the underage drinkers the next weekend off?

32 Degrees!
09-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Well, not sure if anyone cares, but U of British Columbia is 1-0 already - and they play tonight as well. They went to overtime Friday night and came out with a win. I think they'll come into Pepsi with an ego.......

Fighting Sioux 23
09-22-2012, 08:05 PM
FS23, Should we add, 15-the number of skaters the Sue may have available for the UAA games. Or will Hak give the underage drinkers the next weekend off?

Hopefully we'll have 15. BTW, whioux are the Sue? :p:D:D

Also, we only play UAA once.

Old Pio
09-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Hopefully we'll have 15. BTW, whioux are the Sue? :p:D:D

Also, we only play UAA once.

I would consider that last a blessing. The clock is running for when we can wave goodbye to those dorks for good.

vizoroo
09-23-2012, 09:25 AM
September 23, 2012

13 Days until DU's next game

#13 was last worn by Luka Dora in 2004, the year of DU's 6th National Championship

vizoroo
09-24-2012, 09:47 AM
September 24, 2012

12 Days until DU's next game

#12 is Ty Loney, Sophomore Forward

du78
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
DU #8 in USA Today/USA Hockey preseason poll. About where I thought they would be. The big question is how much scoring will this team have. On paper the defense and goaltending looks very solid. Lost a lot of offensive firepower from last year's team up front. No one will be complaining about a lack of ice time with only 20 skaters on the team with one spare forward and one spare d-man. Not much room for any long term injuries this season with the small roster.

http://www.usahockey.com/College/MensPollWeek1.aspx

Fighting Sioux 23
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
DU #8 in USA Today/USA Hockey preseason poll. About where I thought they would be. The big question is how much scoring will this team have. On paper the defense and goaltending looks very solid. Lost a lot of offensive firepower from last year's team up front. No one will be complaining about a lack of ice time with only 20 skaters on the team with one spare forward and one spare d-man. Not much room for any long term injuries this season with the small roster.

I think Denver will have a similar season to North Dakota last year. They will likely start off slow, thanks in part to struggling to find offense, but should rebound with a strong second half. Their NCAA hopes likely depend on just how slow they start and just how strong they finish. That being said, I feel that they are a solid home-ice team this year in a conference that is stronger than last season. It doesn't help matters that they have a difficult pod for scheduling (UND, SCSU, and CC). Fortunately for DU, they have arguably the best coach in the conference. Ultimately, it should be another great season of hockey for the Pioneers.

du78
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
DU has 11 of their first 14 games at home. They travel to Mankato for 2 and CC for 1. They really cannot afford a slow start as they have 11 road games and 10 home games after Dec 1st with roadies consisting of 2 at UND, 2 at Bemidji, 2 at SCSU, 2 at UMD, 1 at CC and 2 at Minny. They need to have a strong home record before December with such a demanding road schedule after Dec. 1st. DU will again have one of the strongest schedules with out of conference games against Umass Lowell, Air Force, Yale, UNH, BU and Cornell (2). Luckily all the out of conference games are at DU this season.

Fighting Sioux 23
09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
DU has 11 of their first 14 games at home. They travel to Mankato for 2 and CC for 1. They really cannot afford a slow start as they have 11 road games and 10 home games after Dec 1st with roadies consisting of 2 at UND, 2 at Bemidji, 2 at SCSU, 2 at UMD, 1 at CC and 2 at Minny. They need to have a strong home record before December with such a demanding road schedule after Dec. 1st. DU will again have one of the strongest schedules with out of conference games against Umass Lowell, Air Force, Yale, UNH, BU and Cornell (2). Luckily all the out of conference games are at DU this season.

North Dakota had a similar home-heavy schedule early last season (6 of first 8 (15 of first 21)at home, and basically all non-conference games at home (we had 1 non-conference game in Winnipeg against Clarkson)), but struggled to score goals. At one point we were 4-7-1. Fortunately we did well enough in those home games (9-4-2) to offset that we were horrid early on the road (were 1-5-0 in our first 6 road contests). Even still, we were just barely over .500 (10-9-2) before going 11-3-1 en route to the Broadmoor and an NCAA spot. What was interesting, is that going into our First Round series, we likely wouldn't have made it into the NCAAs if we lost (similar to DU w/Wisconsin). However, we won that series, won the Final Five, and somehow managed a #1 seed (I would argue that North Dakota last season just might be one of the weakest #1 seeds in the last decade).

Anyway, my point is that I see DU being similar to that North Dakota squad. I see DU getting out to a slow start early, but following it up with a strong second half.

du78
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
North Dakota had a similar home-heavy schedule early last season (6 of first 8 (15 of first 21)at home, and basically all non-conference games at home (we had 1 non-conference game in Winnipeg against Clarkson)), but struggled to score goals. At one point we were 4-7-1. Fortunately we did well enough in those home games (9-4-2) to offset that we were horrid early on the road (were 1-5-0 in our first 6 road contests). Even still, we were just barely over .500 (10-9-2) before going 11-3-1 en route to the Broadmoor and an NCAA spot. What was interesting, is that going into our First Round series, we likely wouldn't have made it into the NCAAs if we lost (similar to DU w/Wisconsin). However, we won that series, won the Final Five, and somehow managed a #1 seed (I would argue that North Dakota last season just might be one of the weakest #1 seeds in the last decade).

Anyway, my point is that I see DU being similar to that North Dakota squad. I see DU getting out to a slow start early, but following it up with a strong second half.

The main thing I am looking for is a strong PWR and home ice for the playoffs. Early season out of conference wins against strong schools have been keys to DU's PWR the last few seasons. Big wins over BC and Notre Dame immediately come to my mind in the past few seasons.

Garibaldi83
09-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I'M BACK!!! OH YEAH..... So whats your guess for the O/U attendence wise for the game at pepsi center. I'm going with 3k

vizoroo
09-24-2012, 05:55 PM

I'll be honest, didn't really expect the Pios to be in the Top 10. So many questions on scoring. We certainly can't afford the injury bug to visit and in light of recent events by a nameless team, NO Suspensions.

Pablo
09-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I'M BACK!!! OH YEAH..... So whats your guess for the O/U attendence wise for the game at pepsi center. I'm going with 3k
Attendance will probably suck, maybe around 2,000. But I don't really care, and I doubt that DU does, either. It's an exhibition game, they just needed to find the game a home. There are much bigger fish to fry on campus with the presidential debate.

du78
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Last year's captain, Dusty Jackson, just signed with Gwinnett in the ECHL. Congrats to Dusty!!!

http://www.echl.com/gladiators-add-jackson-and-bouharevich-p179313

Dmann
09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey Du78, my mentor for viewing the pioneers year after year!! Dmann has had a fairly major life change and no longer has Direct TV, gasp!!!So I got an email for Pioneer Vision at 20% off. Is this worth it?, how many games (hockey) will I get? I know you posted this a while back, but do you have the info handy and any thoughts on quality, reliability, etc. Can the games be paused, or viewed later. Do you have to be on hand while the game is going on? etc.