PDA

View Full Version : All Things Denver XXXIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

vizoroo
08-15-2012, 03:05 PM
I highly recommend the Border for our out of town guests. Quaint neighborhood watering hole. Beauitiful decor. Charming, friendly people. Convivial. Great service. And a well deserved reputation for being the place to meet the best DU has to offer. Be sure to wear your UML gear, it's a Border tradition to warmly welcome fans of visiting teams. And sing your fightsong a lot, especially if you win.

Trying to start trouble with the opposing team's fans before the season begins. :rolleyes:
You must be warming up for the season. or is it the big debate at DU?

Old Pio
08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Trying to start trouble with the opposing team's fans before the season begins. :rolleyes:
You must be warming up for the season. or is it the big debate at DU?

Two a days.

vizoroo
08-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Two a days.
Hope you are getting the Crown Royal man in fighting form and getting preventive maintenance on that industrial strengih ice maker. :)

I'm not really a fan of wine in the box, but for CC and UND weekends, it may be a reasonable alternative.:p

Old Pio
08-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Hope you are getting the Crown Royal man in fighting form and getting preventive maintenance on that industrial strengih ice maker. :)

I'm not really a fan of wine in the box, but for CC and UND weekends, it may be a reasonable alternative.:p

I got the extended warantee on the ice maker, which includes annual service, so I'm okay there. I worked out a deal with Crown Royal, I get a special rate and extra special service, in return for which they ultimately get to display my liver in their museum.

du78
08-17-2012, 08:54 AM
DU Pro Camp set for Aug 20-24

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90195&SPID=10862&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205603067&DB_OEM_ID=18600

DU hockey professional alumni expected to participate in this year's camp are Paul Stastny (Colorado Avalanche), Tyler Bozak (Toronto Maple Leafs), Brett Skinner, Gabe Gauthier, Luke Fulghum, Aaron MacKenzie, J.P. Testwuide, Patrick Mullen, Geoff Paukovich, Drew Shore, Anthony Maiani, John Ryder and Dustin Jackson. Former Pioneer Stephen Cunningham and local goaltender Casey Sherwood will also participate in the camp.

Other professional players expected attend the camp include David Jones (Colorado Avalanche), Curtis McElhinney (Columbus Blue Jackets), Kyle Quincey (Detroit Red Wings), Garnet Exelby (Boston Bruins ) and Ben Guite. Former Colorado College goaltender Richard Bachman (Dallas Stars) could also attend the camp.

vizoroo
08-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Today is August 17, 2012.
There are 50 days until DU's next game.

October 6 exhibition game.

vizoroo
08-17-2012, 11:46 AM
It's Hockey Night in Sweden

Two former DU Captains face off against each other in the European Trophy series.
On the first line for HV71 is Rhett Rakhshani and on defense for the Vienna Capitals is Adrian Veideman.

Twitter link @HV71 has All Access HVTV. Part 1 includes Rhett on his first trip to a Swedish grocery store guided by HV forward Oscar Sundh. That is at about the 10 minute mark and goes for 3 minutes or so.

BTW, during the SEL season Rhett will be playing against UMD"s Jack Connolly who is playing for Farjestad.

Old Pio
08-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Have we had a report on the proposed improvements to the locker room? Including, one prays, the removal of that duck logo. Has the project been dumped? There've several reports on the Vince Boryla massage parlor, but nary a word about the locker room.

vizoroo
08-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Rakhshani with 3 assists in his Swedish debut in a 3-1 victory.
And all this time I thought Husqvarna made motorcycles, not hockey teams ;)

Old Pio
08-18-2012, 03:33 AM
Rakhshani with 3 assists in his Swedish debut in a 3-1 victory.
And all this time I thought Husqvarna made motorcycles, not hockey teams ;)

Chainsaws too.

du78
08-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Have we had a report on the proposed improvements to the locker room? Including, one prays, the removal of that duck logo. Has the project been dumped? There've several reports on the Vince Boryla massage parlor, but nary a word about the locker room.

From Gwoz on July 24. Renderings should be coming soon.

Planning and fundraising continues for the Armstrong Hockey Locker Room Refurbishment Project. ADVENT, one of the nation’s leading athletic design firms held their initial “walk-through” of the facility last week. Time constraints at DU due to the Presidential Debate in October have pushed the project start date back to next April following the end of our playing season. In the next few weeks, I hope to have some renderings for your review. To date we have raised close to $200,000. I hope to have a final project cost in the very near future.

SCSU Euro
08-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Everybody has said to do downtown if we don't have a car, but I'm assuming if we have a car or two then staying near Magness and maybe catching the rail to check out downtown is fine?

vizoroo
08-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Old Pio

Those big round bathmats at Target could cover the offensive avian on the rug:p

Old Pio
08-18-2012, 04:17 PM

Muchos gracias.

Old Pio
08-18-2012, 04:18 PM

Those big round bathmats at Target could cover the offensive avian on the rug:p

;)

Old Pio
08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Everybody has said to do downtown if we don't have a car, but I'm assuming if we have a car or two then staying near Magness and maybe catching the rail to check out downtown is fine?

That would work. But don't pass up the Border. It's always a good idea to announce your presence by saying "I can lick any man in the house," another cherished DU tradition. There are unconfirmed reports that a couple of people have survived it.

du78
08-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Meet the freshman

http://www.denverpioneers.com/fls/18600/pdf/2012-13_Hockey_Recruits.pdf?&&DB_OEM_ID=18600

2012/13 Quick Facts, Confirms British Columbia exhibition at Pepsi Center

http://www.denverpioneers.com/fls/18600/pdf/2012-13_Hockey_Quick_Facts.pdf?&DB_OEM_ID=18600

duper
08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Grant Arnold makes me think of one of my favorite history professors, Eric Arnold. I only had one survey course that he was part of the team that taught, but he was an extremely amusing guy. A buddy of mine who was a history major would make a point of taking Eric's classes. He would also hang out in his office talking about guns. To know either Eric or my buddy, neither of them seemed like "gun guys," which just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover.

(Just out of curiosity, I checked a little bit into Eric's family. None of his sons is named Steve (the name of Grant's father) and I would also assume that if Grant were related to a long-time DU professor, that fact would have made its way into his player bio.)

du78
08-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Garrett Allen is 5-time Olympic Gold Medalist Speed Skater Bonnie Blair's nephew and the cousin of former CC player Scott Polaski.

duper
08-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Garrett Allen is 5-time Olympic Gold Medalist Speed Skater Bonnie Blair's nephew and the cousin of former CC player Scott Polaski.Bonnie Blair was quite the popular one in Illinois when I was in HS