X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    I will be neutral in this game. Lots of good ex-college players in this series.
    You'll at least wear your Isles gear right?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      You'll at least wear your Isles gear right?
      I want to get out of there alive
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        I want to get out of there alive

Well, good luck and enjoy the game. Of course, I'm hoping that New Jersey can close this thing out in 6. That way you don't have to go to a game 7 and not cheer against the Rangers...awful, awful stuff.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I looked at the Pioneer ticket site but couldn't find anything that stated when individual game tickets go on sale. What is the tradition at Denver for the timing of individual game ticket sales? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
            I looked at the Pioneer ticket site but couldn't find anything that stated when individual game tickets go on sale. What is the tradition at Denver for the timing of individual game ticket sales? Thanks.
            Last year they went on sale Sept. 10th.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Former Pioneer Still Skating

AHL
              Conference Final Round Marlies lead 3-1
              Toronto Marlies
              Joe Colborne

May be time to adopt Larkin Jacobson's step-father, Ruslan Fedotenko.
              (But the Rangers are on elimination alert.)

Recruits Cody DePourcq, Penticton, Grant Arnold and Dakota Mermis Green Bay ended their seasons by winning the RBC Cup and Kelly Cup respectively. Great start for Coach LaLonde in Green Bay.
              Last edited by vizoroo; 05-24-2012, 10:06 AM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Last Man Standing
                Joe Colborne
                Toronto Marlies

Calder Cup finals begin June 1
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Islanders prospect Scott Mayfield with a few words of advice from Matt Donovan.
                  Pick Daddy had the find.
                  New York Islanders: Isles prospect Scott Mayfield had a pretty good rookie season at Denver, where he put up 12 points from the blue line. Perhaps more importantly, the 6-foot-4, 200-pound 20-year-old led the team in penalty minutes, so he seems pretty mean, which will serve him well at the pro level.
                  http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=632717
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 05-28-2012, 10:17 AM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

And Joe Colborne makes the news from Rick Dudley, new Canadiens Asst. GM formerly in the Leafs front office.
                    Joe Colborne has had his struggles adjusting to professional hockey but Dudley has high hopes for him if he works hard on his conditioning over the summer and on his skating with the Leafs' new skating coach, Barb Underhill.
                    “He is such a big horse, if his cardiovascular fitness is elite and he improves his quickness just a bit, he can become a top-two centre in the NHL for sure,” he said. “If Barb can give Joe Colborne a step, then I think he becomes a bona-fide top-two-line guy in the NHL.”
                    Trying to improve pure speed is hard, Dudley said, “but you can enhance your quickness,” which is more reaction time than foot speed.
                    Dudley also thinks two other Leaf prospects are poised for big things - forwards Matt Frattin and Nazem Kadri. At the very least, he said, of Colborne, Frattin and Kadri, “two of them are going to end up being good NHL players and more importantly from a Toronto perspective, they're going to end up contributing a great deal offensively.”
                    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...2443608/page2/
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Islanders Prospect Awards

Best Defensive Prospect: Matt Donovan, D, Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
                      This was definitely the toughest decision to make among all of the awards, as it was neck and neck with fellow prospect Calvin de Haan. Donovan had a great season offensively, posting 45 points in 72 games to lead all Tigers defensemen. For his stellar play down in Bridgeport he was rewarded with a roster spot in the Islanders final three games of the season. He settled in nicely and received a good amount of power play ice time. This could be a sign that he has the inside track on one of the open blue line spots for next season.
                      Hardest Shot: Matt Donovan, D, Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
                      Donovan potted 10 goals for Bridgeport this season, including two scored on the man advantage. In order to score 10 goals as a defensemen at this level you must have a cannon from the point. Donovan is not afraid to let it go either as he recorded 119 shots this season. When he is able to get all 200 pounds of his frame behind a shot it has the ability to reach the high 90 mile-per-hour range. Look for him to potentially anchor the power play alongside Isles captain Mark Streit next season.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ds/#more-71719
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Dmann, there is hope for next season.
                        George Gwozdecky ‏@CoachGwoz
                        Don't worry @DU_Hockey fans. We return depth at all the critical positions & I'm confident we'll be in the title hunt in 2012-13

Don't think we will need to find a goaltender this summer
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

The New York front office has a huge, huge advocate - and it's a major cultural change - for bringing in US college players, and I think you will see evidence of that in the coming NHL drafts. Thier Assistant Coach Doug Weight is a virtual poster boy for all NCAA players. American born, Left college early to go pro, had a long NHL career, USA Olympian, NHL All Star, his name is on the Stanley Cup, retired with dignity, sensational community involvement, Team Captain, loved by his team mates and competitors alike.... and now he's an integral part of trying to rebuild an NHL team. I heard Weight was instrumental in signing Mayfield last year. I hope more NHL teams invest in, and promote former NCAA players like him.
                          Last edited by 32 Degrees!; 05-30-2012, 07:15 PM.
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

From your lips to God's ears.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Say more things like that!!
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

News from the pool:

Former Pioneer Blake Worsley named to Canadian Olympic team.

Swimmers named to 2012 Capital One Academic All-District Men's and Women's At-Large Teams for District 7.
                                Kyle Milberg (Littleton, Colo.) has a 3.92 cumulative grade point average in chemistry. The sophomore swimmer won the 100 and 200 Backstroke at the SBC Championships, finishing the season undefeated in the 200 Backstroke on his way to being named Co-SBC Male Swimmer of the Year
                                and Jackie Leung (Gresham, Ore.) has a 3.96 cumulative grade point average in international business. Finished in the top Ten in 8 of 10 500 Freestyle races.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X