X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by JMF View Post
    The 12-13 schedule is out, looks pretty favorable with some nice non-conf opponents.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/SportS...&Q_SEASON=2012

I went the the Aces-Wranglers game last night, Wranglers won and Pauko had a noice game playing a defensive-minded center. Tyler wasnt there, heard he was called up to the AHL.
    Ruegs is on the Abbotsford Heat playoff roster, but hasn't played in any playoff games. Only 4 during the season--wonder if he is injured?
    GO DU !!!

Comment

update

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Former Pioneers Still Skating
      NHL
      Philadelphia Flyers
      Matt Carle

ECHL
      Las Vegas Wranglers
      Geoff Paukovich

AHL
      St. Johns Ice Caps
      Brock Trotter

Toronto Marlies
      Joe Colborne

Abbotsford Heat
      J.P. Testwuide
      (Ruegsegger on roster, but hasn't played)

San Antonio Rampage
      Drew Shore
      Keith Seabrook

IIHF World Championship beginning May 4
      Paul Stastny
      Chris Butler
      Last edited by vizoroo; 05-04-2012, 09:40 AM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JMF View Post
        The 12-13 schedule is out, looks pretty favorable with some nice non-conf opponents.
        Looks like Denver Cup Tournament is history. When is the last time DU played Cornell? For us oldsters that represents the renewal of an old rivalry which primarily occurred in the NCAA tourney. BU and Cornell on back-to-back weekends. Old time hockey!
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Check out Jason_Zucker16 on twitter answering questions May 2.

Highlights:
          Always a Pioneer , not a Golden Gopher fan
          North Dakota--don't like them very much
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            When is the last time DU played Cornell?

I know, I know!!!! 1986, the sea was angry that day my friends!! We had to get past Cornell to get to the NCAAs in Providence. Joe bleep'n Newendeick (sp?) almost single handedly destroyed us. We just squeaked by them, but came out of it badly bruised. Over 60% of our players were hurt by the time we played Harvard!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              I know, I know!!!! 1986, the sea was angry that day my friends!! We had to get past Cornell to get to the NCAAs in Providence. Joe bleep'n Newendeick (sp?) almost single handedly destroyed us. We just squeaked by them, but came out of it badly bruised. Over 60% of our players were hurt by the time we played Harvard!!
              Bad memory. On a more pleasant note was George Morrison scoring his final DU goal, in Dryden's 5-hole, to help the Pios to a NC in the old Broadmoor World Arena. Cheers me up to this very day.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

In case you didn't know our very own Old Pio was the runaway winner of USCHO's Fan Forum 2011 Poser of the Year & (by self proclamation) winner of the Rodney King Can't We All Get Along Award.

Old Pio has graciously declined to wear the tiara and sash during his reign
                GO DU !!!

Comment

In case you didn't know our very own Old Pio was the runaway winner of USCHO's Fan Forum 2011 Poser of the Year & (by self proclamation) winner of the Rodney King Can't We All Get Along Award.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Actually, I'm wearing the tiara now. Just not in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                      clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!
                      Thank you, thank you, thank you. That and a buck will get my choice off the dollar menu.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 05-05-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Actually, I'm wearing the tiara now. Just not in public.
                        Will the Crown Royal man bow when/if he sees you wearing the tiara?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Will the Crown Royal man bow when/if he sees you wearing the tiara?
                          For some reason, he's been bending over for me for years.

Comment

Lax boys squeaked into the NCAA tourney, they play @UNC on Saturday. Their ECAC semifinal against #1 seed Loyola was a dramatic one, DU trailed by 6 and generally looked terrible heading into the 4th, then out-scored Loyola 7-1 to force OT, only to have a long-stick mid score 6 seconds into the extra stanza to crush DUs hopes of locking up a tourney bid. Somehow they managed to get in anyway, likely on the heals of their blowout win over Duke at Mile High a couple weeks ago.

DU's game against UNC will likely be on ESPNU, time TBD.

r
                            Last edited by cetihcra; 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                              Lax boys squeaked into the NCAA tourney, they play @UNC on Saturday. They're ECAC semifinal against #1 seed Loyola was a dramatic one, DU trailed by 6 and generally looked terrible heading into the 4th, then out-scored Loyola 7-1 to force OT, only to have a long-stick mid score 6 seconds into the extra stanza to crush DUs hopes of locking up a tourney bid. Somehow they managed to get in anyway, likely on the heals of their blowout win over Duke at Mile High a couple weeks ago.

DU's game against UNC will likely be on ESPNU, time TBD.

r
                              It would be fun if DU could mount another run like they did last year. Playing at UNC will be rough, but at least they got the lowest of the seeded teams.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

If you're not watching the Rangahs tonite, you can watch Drew Shore (Keith Seabrook too) and the San Antonio Rampage at firstrowsports.eu
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X