X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
    It could be worse, you could be fans that actually watch their team play instead of just talking about it on the internet.
    What does this even mean?

Comment

Yawn....

Go Ferris State!!!
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

mORE hONORS FOR jOEY LALEGGIA!
        nAMED rOOKIE OF THE yEAR TO DAY IN tAMPA

Jason Zucker named to All American West 2nd team
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          mORE hONORS FOR jOEY LALEGGIA!
          nAMED rOOKIE OF THE yEAR TO DAY IN tAMPA

Jason Zucker named to All American West 2nd team
          Did you post this while driving or spill something on your keyboard? What's the deal? Should we be worried about you?
          Originally posted by vizoroo
          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
          Originally posted by duper
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
          Originally posted by dggoddard
          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

The College Hockey Off Season has officially begun.

And if DU's new season begins 10/06/2012, There are 182 days (26 weeks) until the next game.

(Ralph Baer's calculation, not mine, And NO, I am not beginning a countdown 6 months in advance )
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Matt Donovan named to AHL All Rookie Team

An impressive presence on the Bridgeport blue line all season, Matt Donovan turned pro after two seasons at the University of Denver and is tied for fourth among all AHL defensemen with 42 points (10 goals, 32 assists) in 69 games while posting a plus-9 rating. Donovan, a 21-year-old native of Edmond, Okla., was a 2008 draft pick by the New York Islanders and made his NHL debut on Apr. 3.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                The College Hockey Off Season has officially begun.

And if DU's new season begins 10/06/2012, There are 182 days (26 weeks) until the next game.

(Ralph Baer's calculation, not mine, And NO, I am not beginning a countdown 6 months in advance )
                I believe you just did.

Comment

Pios end up #12 in USCHO poll and #8 in USA Today.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Still no word on Beau Bennett?? (holding breath)
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

DU is # 8 on the final INCH Power Rankings with this comment.
                      Where would the Pioneers have been without Juha Olkinuora? The freshman goaltender was pressed into service early and didn’t disappoint, posting a 2.18 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                        Still no word on Beau Bennett?? (holding breath)
                        Exhale. He's likely gone pending passing a physical maybe later in the summer.

Comment

According to the Denver Post, there will be a new CHL in Denver next year, playing at a renovated Coliseum. Big bucks behind the team, tentatively named the "Cutthroats." Cheap tickets, and the hope for the kind of success minor league hockey has had in Loveland with the Eagles. I don't know, it seems like overkill to me, with the Avs and DU. Do you think this will siphon off any of the DU fan base? How does everyone feel about this? Here's the Post article:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...duced-could-be

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            Exhale. He's likely gone pending passing a physical maybe later in the summer.
                            Hate to hear that--was really hoping the Pens would suggest Beau play one more year at DU.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Former Pioneers Still Skating

NHL

Philadelphia Flyers
                              Matt Carle
                              Florida Panthers
                              Coach Kevin Dineen

ECHL
                              Las Vegas Wranglers
                              Geoff Paukovich
                              Alaska Aces
                              Tyler Ruegsegger
                              (Missed the 1st round which included Mark Cheverie and Kevin Ulanski)

AHL
                              (9 of 16 teams determined--regular season ends 4/16)

St. Johns Ice Caps
                              Brock Trotter

Bridgeport Sound Tigers
                              Rhett Rakhshani
                              Matt Donovan

Toronto Marlies
                              Joe Colborne

Chicago Wolves
                              Kevin Doell

Abbotsford Heat
                              J.P. Testwuide

-----------------------------------------------------
                              Still in contention
                              San Antonio Rampage
                              Drew Shore
                              Keith Seabrook

Portland Pirates
                              Peter Mannino
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirvin View Post
                                According to the Denver Post, there will be a new CHL in Denver next year, playing at a renovated Coliseum. Big bucks behind the team, tentatively named the "Cutthroats." Cheap tickets, and the hope for the kind of success minor league hockey has had in Loveland with the Eagles. I don't know, it seems like overkill to me, with the Avs and DU. Do you think this will siphon off any of the DU fan base? How does everyone feel about this? Here's the Post article:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...duced-could-be
                                You know the CHL better than us, so I'd be interested to hear more of what you think.

My first thought is, if it gets more kids playing hockey it will be a net gain for DU.

The Coliseum is a pig with lipstick. You better believe that the short and long range plan is to build a "Bud Events Center" at taxpayer expense. That is probably where DU should get involved to oppose it as they did with the Metro State name. Not so much for hockey purposes but because the Ritchie Center might lose some events to a state of the art 5,000 seat arena.

If you read the comments in the Post article they are all past or present Avs fans. That's the target market and the Avs will be slightly affected if the team is semi-successful.

Competition can be very good and if the new team forces DU to make more upgrades in the "college themed night experience" it will be another net gain for DU. The success of the DU lacrosse team is more of a threat to DU hockey, than a minor league hockey team. If you noticed in Texas they replaced all of the CHL teams with NAHL junior teams and it seems to be working out.

Conclusion: Without a new arena, the Cutt Throats have no chance of making it. With a new arena I'd put it at 60-40. Chances of them hurting DU hockey 2%, helping DU hockey 10%, no change 88%.
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X