Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Championship Game, Maine Vs BC

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
    Parker and Cerretani both had good games.......Parker with a huge D play at the end of the game. It may not be as bad as everyone thinks, but it will be a hit in the O department. With Flynn and Abbott gone 2 guys who see the ice very well, it will be tuff for Diamond to put up the same number of points next year, I don't think any of the young guys will get him the puck as well as these 2 have.

and I don't really see a better D group either, Will is solid on the PP, and Ryan is a solid shutdown D man, good think Nemic is staying.
    Sorry .... Sandy I like your posts .... but anyone who thinks that next year led by #39 and the current recruits is going to keep Maine in future playoff pictures is an optimist .... "not that there is anything wrong with that" ....(Seinfeld)

Comment

I didn't see the series when Maine swept BC...but I can't believe that they think getting into a track meet with them is the right strategy. BAD IDEA. They'll get their doors blown off unless they slow this game down. I know they were clicking last night against BU, but BC is MUCH faster and they can't skate with them. It's going to be tough now...

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
        As a 1962 UMaine graduate (and somewhat of an athlete) I hope they do well tonight because .... I also consider myself well informed about ice hockey recruiting .... and with the loss of this years senior class .... the upcoming years are at minimum questionable ..... and maximally abysmal. .... But then who knows about these things .... and a hello to "walrus" ... a voice of reason, perhaps wisdom on this board.
        Everyone said the same thing last year with the loss of Dimmon, House and Dee and Nyquist leaving early. Not to mention what appeared to be an abysmal goaltending situation. I think they'll be okay.
        Maine Hockey Is Life, the Rest is Just Details

Comment

Congrats to BC, its pretty obvious who the better team is. The class of HE is once again Champs, seems to be a pattern going on here. Hope Maine gets a good seed int he NCAAs, hopefully in the east and in Unions bracket
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Congrats to BC for winning and to Maine for their run to the HE finals.
            As a HE fan, I recognize that BC recruits the best talent and has superior coaching.
            BC is a breeding ground for National Championships.
            Good luck, BC and Maine in the NCAA's.
            "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
            Larry David

Comment

Full disclosure: I had no rooting interest in this game. So congrats to both BC and Maine and best wishes to both in the NCAAs.

Traditionally, the top-rated officials in their leagues in pretty much all sports get the honor of working the championship game. But IMO, if Jeff Bunyon is one of the top two officials in HEA, then Joe Bertagna needs to blow up that whole staff. For starters, this guy doesn't skate well enough to referee at the D1 level; secondly, he has absolutely no clue about goalline positioning (cost Maine a certain goal by blocking an open net and killed a loose puck scramble in front of the BC net because he was too far back in the corner). Finally, he is the undisputed King of the ticky-tacky call with the game on the line. If officiating skills were taxed, this guy would get a rebate.

Totally embarassing for himself and unacceptable for a league of this caliber.
              Last edited by Split-N; 03-17-2012, 10:30 PM.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Ho Hum game. BC toyed with Maine like a cat toying with a mouse. I thought the loss of Abbott was huge, especially on the power play.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Full disclosure: I had no rooting interest in this game. So congrats to both BC and Maine and best wishes to both in the NCAAs.

Traditionally, the top-rated officials in their leagues in pretty much all sports get the honor of working the championship game. But IMO, if Jeff Bunyon is one of the top two officials in HEA, then Joe Bertagna needs to blow up that whole staff. For starters, this guy doesn't skate well enough to referee at the D1 level; secondly, he has absolutely no clue about goalline positioning (cost Maine a certain goal by blocking an open net and killed a loose puck scramble in front of the BC net because he was too far back in the corner). Finally, he is the undisputed King of the ticky-tacky call with the game on the line. If officiating skills were taxed, this guy would get a rebate.

Don't remember him costing Maine a certain goal by blocking an open net, but amen on the ticky tack calls. Very frustrating, especially with a championship on the line. Both refs were completely inept in seeing when a goalie actually had the puck covered.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Don't remember him costing Maine a certain goal by blocking an open net, but amen on the ticky tack calls. Very frustrating, especially with a championship on the line. Both refs were completely inept in seeing when a goalie actually had the puck covered.
                    did they ever just drop the puck on ANY face off?

Comment

But IMO, if Jeff Bunyon is one of the top two officials in HEA, then Joe Bertagna needs to blow up that whole staff.
                      You wonder why BC fans can't wait to get out of the garbage of HE refs every year.

BTW I've come to the conclusion Joey isn't a dirty player the refs just target him.

LOL JK GFY Joey

Comment

But you'd love to have him on your team!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acs View Post
                          bc by 3 easy

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          you're on drugs...

lololololloololollollollolol

Comment

you obviously missed the 2009 game
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I was at one of those 'wear-something-green' parties last night so I had the game on DVR. Started watching once I got home around 11:30.

Whenever I saw that 3rd goal, all I could say was, 'Holy F___,' and I NEVER swear. That was a goal I could (and did) watch a dozen times.
                              Chris V
                              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                No, he's absolutely correct. Not saying it changed the outcome of the game, but Brian Flynn had the puck on his stick point-blank just to the right of Milner and not 10 feet from the net. He had top right post wide open, but he hesitated because Bunyon was blocking the goal and then by the time he shot, Milner was over at the post to make the save. Why a referee in that situation would be in FRONT of the goal line at all is beyond me...especially when you have two referees...

Comment

Working...
                                X