PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East in Seattle

skier15
03-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Anyone from the Seattle area watching the game tomorrow night? I have been looking for a good viewing bar, any ideas?

Siouxfaninseattle
03-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Anyone from the Seattle area watching the game tomorrow night? I have been looking for a good viewing bar, any ideas?

Pretty tough to get most bars to put on hockey with March madness going on. You can try Lucky 7 (it's where we gather for the annual Sioux-Gopher game) in Kirkland or Sporty's in Everett. Sporty's is a dive but the owner is a hockey nut. I went there for lunch today and got him to switch one TV to the UMD-DU game. I'll post here again if I come up with any more.

Patman
03-17-2012, 01:09 AM
I'd look for a hockey bar if threre is one, explain the situation and give them 10 bucks... Otherwise just ask fr the hockey game on nbc sports.

10 bucks is my usual tv tip... I figure that's usually a good amount to flip a tv.

4four4
03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd look for a hockey bar if threre is one, explain the situation and give them 10 bucks... Otherwise just ask fr the hockey game on nbc sports.

10 bucks is my usual tv tip... I figure that's usually a good amount to flip a tv.

Does it work? I never thought of something like that.

Squarebanks
03-19-2012, 07:27 PM
NCAA hockey is tough to get in Seattle. Washington and Oregon are, sadly, WHL country. I think there are 5 WHL teams between the two states. Wenatchee does have a successful NAHL team though.

Patman
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Does it work? I never thought of something like that.

They may even do it w/o money... I forget who suggested that one to me... But I think it's more than sensible when asking to watch something obscure