Union Hockey 2011-2012 season thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    I would keep my eye on the U Athletics website for possible viewing parties.

I decided to go to Tampa and entered the ticket lottery last fall basically on a whim thinking what better a combination than the sun and sand with college hockey. Never realistically dreamed that the team would be joining us. Still can't believe it. However, it is a major trauma to the wallet, I'll admit. Bonus is that we're going to Yankees Rays season opener on the Friday between games.
    I was already planning to go to Tampa to look at future places to live when I got off of work. As it ended up, the timing made it so that I could catch the Frozen Four, so I obviously decided it had to happen. I'll be catching the Sunday baseball game since I couldn't swing the Friday one because I have to pick up my Mom and Sister from the airport before the game would be over. Should be a blast. Is Tampa an ideal F4 location? Probably not, however I wouldn't mind a place like that once in a while (say, every 5 years) where it is 'off the beaten path' if I went to them regularly.

Comment

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 season thread #2

Fun fact for the Frozen Four, 3 out of the 4 teams participated in last year's Mariucci Classic at Minnesota (Union, Ferris, Minnesota). Also lots of garnet/maroon.

Comment

Do you think I'll be able to get Frozen 4 tickets through Union?
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
          Do you think I'll be able to get Frozen 4 tickets through Union?
          "Ticket information will be posted on Mon., March 26."

http://unionathleticstickets.univers...t_listings.asp

Comment

What a tremendous accomplishment by Union. You made all ECAC fans proud, not only for winning, but for the way you win. Your team has great skill, tremendous toughness, and a goalie who is an acrobat. As a Yale fan, and Cornell grad, I can say that your team combines the best attributes of both of those teams. You have the puck skill of Yale and the commitment to defense of Cornell with a goalie who is every bit as good as any net-minder (except Ken Dryden) who has stood between the pipes at Lynah. Your team is the real deal and they have a good chance of bringing home the hardware.

Comment

As an alternative for those going, I guess there's always stubhub.com, but not sure how good the prices are on there.

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSear...s=50&geo_exp=1

Edit - maybe not so good. I see all session passes on there as high as 2300. For a cool 7 grand, someone is selling a whole suite.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                What a tremendous accomplishment by Union. You made all ECAC fans proud, not only for winning, but for the way you win. Your team has great skill, tremendous toughness, and a goalie who is an acrobat. As a Yale fan, and Cornell grad, I can say that your team combines the best attributes of both of those teams. You have the puck skill of Yale and the commitment to defense of Cornell with a goalie who is every bit as good as any net-minder (except Ken Dryden) who has stood between the pipes at Lynah. Your team is the real deal and they have a good chance of bringing home the hardware.

One of the best posts I have ever read. I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you. We're all living the dream as Union fans right now and I don't want this ride to end! Still cannot believe that we're going to Tampa!
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                  As an alternative for those going, I guess there's always stubhub.com, but not sure how good the prices are on there.

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSear...s=50&geo_exp=1

Edit - maybe not so good. I see all session passes on there as high as 2300. For a cool 7 grand, someone is selling a whole suite.
                  UHM: If you strike out going through Union (which I would suggest you try first), I would go to the Tickets forum on here. A decent amount of options as it is now, and I would assume more will come up in the next handful of days from fans of teams that didn't make it. The general rule on here is people ask face value, sometimes less if they're desperate, but the price won't be skyrocketed like on stubhub.

Comment

I'm going to try to get tix through Union and if I do I will be looking to sell the 3 I already have at cost. I will post here if that happens.

Comment

Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best in the FF. Union has gone above and beyond and I hope that your team continues to impress.

Sorry to disturb the thread but for the budget conscious, I do have 2 tickets available for $300 in anyone is interested. I have them listed in the ticket section.

Comment

Just because these are worth seeing again -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-iP0PLHnlA

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post

I'll probably get tired of watching in about 5 years.

Comment

Congrats and best of luck in Tampa...you guys turned your program around several years ago the right way: hiring a great coach (Leaman) who was smart enough to put together a great staff, including, obviously, Rick Bennett, getting legitimate commitments from an administration, reaching out to all alums for support and recruiting all over North America. As a Colgate alum, I have said many times we could learn a thing from how Union went about getting things done...

Comment

There are 8 Maine fans going down to Tampa in our group and all will be supporting the Union players and fans. All the the best to the Dutchies.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post

Absolutely incredible saves. Best of luck to you in Tampa. You have a great team and great fans.
                                UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X