Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 NCAA Division I National Championship: Who wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 NCAA Division I National Championship: Who wins?

It's an all-WCHA title game for better or worse. Does Wisconsin get their fifth national title to pull even with UMD or does Minnesota finally end their seven-year slump and bring home the trophy?
    Wisconsin
    32.08%
    Minnesota
    67.92%

The poll is expired.

Re: 2012 NCAA Division I National Championship: Who wins?

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
    It's an all-WCHA title game for better or worse. Does Wisconsin get their fifth national title to pull even with UMD or does Minnesota finally end their seven-year slump and bring home the trophy?
    The latter I hope!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Go Badgers!!!!!

Also, we're now at 8 of the last 9 years with a Big Ten team in the National Championship game. Is it really so difficult for the BTN to broadcast this thing?
      Someone, somewhere has to get an answer from someone in the NCAA as to why we can't get TV coverage. Even if it was just the host area's Fox Sports feed - a lot of cable providers host all of those now for a small fee ($5/month on Time Warner).
      I just can't understand why these games aren't televised. I don't expect ESPN or network coverage, but with March Madness running, Fox Sports, Big Ten Network, NBCSports and the like are all running repeat programming since they know they can't compete. It would kill them to air the National Championship?
      I wish there was an official answer from the NCAA as to why this isn't happening. Shouldn't women's hockey be happy to get any coverage they can get? I can't imagine the rights to this game are that expensive.

Sorry for the rant, but this just drives me nuts.

Anyway, Wisconsin looked better than I've seen them look most of the season. I'll admit that I was concerned heading into the game and with that early goal by BC, my heart-rate was elevated. But the Badgers responded so well - getting that goal back quickly was crucial.
      I'm still concerned on the multi-game drought without a Power Play goal. I had attributed it to McKeough being out, since she runs the PP, but she was back tonight and they'll still couldn't convert. Clearly it wasn't an issue in today's game, but I worry that it will bite them eventually.

I want the National Championship, but beating the Gopher will make it that much more sweet.
      We watched the men's Final Five game between Nodak and Minny tonight and said to ourselves that we didn't know who to root for - but let's be honest, in life there's one hard and fast rule and that's to always root against Minnesota!
      It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
        Go Badgers!!!!!

Also, we're now at 8 of the last 9 years with a Big Ten team in the National Championship game. Is it really so difficult for the BTN to broadcast this thing?
        Someone, somewhere has to get an answer from someone in the NCAA as to why we can't get TV coverage. Even if it was just the host area's Fox Sports feed - a lot of cable providers host all of those now for a small fee ($5/month on Time Warner).
        I just can't understand why these games aren't televised. I don't expect ESPN or network coverage, but with March Madness running, Fox Sports, Big Ten Network, NBCSports and the like are all running repeat programming since they know they can't compete. It would kill them to air the National Championship?
        I wish there was an official answer from the NCAA as to why this isn't happening. Shouldn't women's hockey be happy to get any coverage they can get? I can't imagine the rights to this game are that expensive.

Sorry for the rant, but this just drives me nuts.
        Came here looking for TV coverage. This drives me nuts too.

Comment

General observations for the final. MN seems to peaking at the right time. Maybe a little more speed top-bottom and freshman F/D making fewer mistakes/turnovers. They say you make your own luck and the pucks seems to be bouncing MN's way the last month. However, Wisc. just does not break-down very often and as witnessed last night can score multiple ways when given the opportunity. They are known for their consistency in effort especially on the fore-check but they may be vulnerable to MN's aggressive play down low. Going to be a lot like last yrs' WCHA final where Wisc. prevailed on sheer effort. If Mn can work as consistently hard, they'll be Ntl champs.

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
            I want the National Championship, but beating the Gopher will make it that much more sweet.
            We watched the men's Final Five game between Nodak and Minny tonight and said to ourselves that we didn't know who to root for - but let's be honest, in life there's one hard and fast rule and that's to always root against Minnesota!
            The first rule of hockey: if it wears green, root against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              The first rule of hockey: if it wears green, root against it.
              I'm a little color blind but I thought it was red?

Comment

BTN says on its facebook page it doesn't have the rights and can't air it.
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  BTN says on its facebook page it doesn't have the rights and can't air it.
                  I wonder which network DOES have the rights and why they've chosen not to air it?

(And I can't imagine that the NCAA wouldn't at least TRY to sell the rights to someone, even if they didn't go for much you would think some money is better than none.)

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    I'm a little color blind but I thought it was red?
                    Nope. Green. That covers Edina, Hill-Murray, North Dakota, Michigan State, Northern Michigan and the Dallas Stars.

Comment

Nope. Green. That covers Edina, Hill-Murray, North Dakota, Michigan State, Northern Michigan and the Dallas Stars.
                      How about Bemidji and the Minnesota Wild?

Comment

This is my favorite thing on the hockey board right now! I have to put my vote with Minnesota. I think they are the better team but you really never can count out the Badgers especially at the big dance. Either way I win WCHA all the way baby!

Comment

I wonder which network DOES have the rights and why they've chosen not to air it?

(And I can't imagine that the NCAA wouldn't at least TRY to sell the rights to someone, even if they didn't go for much you would think some money is better than none.)
                          The NCAA Broadcast Department oversees rights associated with all network television broadcasts, cable television, radio, satellite radio and Internet presentations of every NCAA championship. CBS and Turner Sports jointly own the multimedia rights to the Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. ESPN owns the multimedia rights to 24 of the 89 NCAA championships. Turner Sports owns the digital rights to 67 of the 89 NCAA championships, and operates and manages all NCAA digital platforms including NCAA.com but excluding NCAA.org and NCAA social media sites. All regular-season college games, conference tournaments and football bowl game broadcast rights are owned by the NCAA member institutions (colleges and universities) and individual conferences. These broadcast rights are not handled by the NCAA national office. The NCAA retains exclusive copyright to all audio and video of NCAA championships.

Westwood One owns the audio broadcast rights to every NCAA championship. In addition, NCAA Productions and selected national and regional sports networks produce television broadcasts of various NCAA championships.

Live Video Streaming Policy

Television Rights

If Turner/CBS and/or ESPN do not activate their television rights to any round in NCAA championships competition, the NCAA has the right to sell these rights for local syndication. A rights fee will be charged for these events. Local campus and/or noncommercial television stations may have the rights fee waived. Any station selling commercials, selling or airing billboards, sponsors, in-game graphic sponsors, underwriters or phone pledges must pay the NCAA a minimum of $1,500 per game for rights fees. Rights fees may vary for specific NCAA championships and rounds of NCAA championships.

The television rights not owned by Turner/CBS or activated by ESPN may be obtained through the NCAA.
                          The WCHA Dynasty
                          Wisconsin
                          National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                          MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                          National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                          MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                          National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                          MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Pulling for West and the Gophers.
                            (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

How about Bemidji and the Minnesota Wild?
                              The Wild violate the second rule of hockey: never root for a team that uses an adjective for its nickname. Nouns only.

Comment

Working...
                              X