Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
    That’s unfortunate because RPI-TV does a top notch job with game presentation.
    Appreciate the compliment, and I agree that RPI fans are quite spoiled when it comes to that. Are there any examples of your casts? I never get to see them, mostly owing to the drive to Class of 65 taking less than an hour for me. If it's the same as the video board, then it's not so bad.

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not think they are archived. Colgate does a pretty nice job with the presentation as I think the cameras are HD. And John McGraw (our radio guy) does a solid job of announcing the games (although I wish we had a second guy in the booth like you do).

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Appreciate the compliment, and I agree that RPI fans are quite spoiled when it comes to that. Are there any examples of your casts? I never get to see them, mostly owing to the drive to Class of 65 taking less than an hour for me. If it's the same as the video board, then it's not so bad.
        It looks like this season’s games are archived on watchstadium.com (this includes games from all schools in the Patriot League, Colgate’s primary athletic conference). For example, here is the full home game vs. Yale on 2/16:
        https://watchstadium.com/live/yale-at-colgate-2/
        Colgate '09

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not think they are archived. Colgate does a pretty nice job with the presentation as I think the cameras are HD. And John McGraw (our radio guy) does a solid job of announcing the games (although I wish we had a second guy in the booth like you do).
          I've heard some of his calls, and he's definitely quite good at what he does. The station (I think it's 93.9?) gets overpowered by another station around here, although I can get it when I'm going through Cortland; must be the configuration of the hills, as I lose a lot of stations around here when I get down there.

We don't always have a second guy. The main is from the SID office, with alternates consisting of athletics (i.e. track, cross country, etc.) students and a few alumni. You definitely won't hear me, as I do not have the skills to do ad lib commentary, but give me a teleprompter and I'll make it sound good.

As for the video, nice graphical quality, looks like decent angles on 2 thru x (assuming camera 1 is at center), I like how it's "on top of the play" at near-ice center, maybe a little vertigo from the camera panning back and forth in the zone to try to follow the puck. Sure there might not be a replay, but I always thought that was unnecessary with web feeds where rewind is possible.

Comment

Dam, storm totals for Friday have gone from 1-3 to 6-12 or more in higher elevations(which is Hamilton). Maybe tomorrow it goes back to 1-3, who knows as it's changing daily. Saturday is good though. I'm expecting a rough game with RPI trying to rile up Point, like last Saturday.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Dam, storm totals for Friday have gone from 1-3 to 6-12 or more in higher elevations(which is Hamilton). Maybe tomorrow it goes back to 1-3, who knows as it's changing daily. Saturday is good though. I'm expecting a rough game with RPI trying to rile up Point, like last Saturday.
              Co-worker just said 0 to 4 feet.

Comment

And John McGraw (our radio guy) does a solid job of announcing the games (although I wish we had a second guy in the booth like you do).
                John needs to come up for air once in awhile...

Neighbor says 6-12" of RAIN....
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  John needs to come up for air once in awhile...

Neighbor says 6-12" of RAIN....

Just saw Colgate is closed on Friday due to storm. Anyone coming for the game should check out the situation before leaving home....

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    Just saw Colgate is closed on Friday due to storm. Anyone coming for the game should check out the situation before leaving home....
                    Would be nice if that included an RPI forfeit for Game 1 ;-)
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Utica tv station says 20-30 inches expected, RPI prob there already.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        RPI is here at University Inn.

Comment

Game is on tomorrow night. This from "the powers that be." Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            RPI is here at University Inn.
                            Geez Iowa, you get around...

What if they held a hockey game and all the seats were empty?

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Now we just need the zebras to get there.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                Geez Iowa, you get around...

What if they held a hockey game and all the seats were empty?
                                I live 90 minutes SW of Hamilton in Owego, but I wasn’t taking any chances. Normally, I drive to/from on the same day, but not with this snowy forecast. So I drove up 24 hours in advance and got a room at the University Inn for tonight and tomorrow, knowing that the roads will be clear going home on Saturday night. Am looking forward to being on the road next weekend, too. Then Lake Placid, then Allentown, and then Saint Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X