X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I like this. I don't know if Ellsworth is the right guy right now, but I'm happy he's got the in-person.

So we now have a list of 7 out of a reported 8 of the in-person interviews. Do you think they will pick from the 8, or pare it down to another round of "finalists"?

I just hope they do their homework and get it right. As anxious as I am to hear who they pick, I'd rather have to wait a couple weeks and get the best guy.
    Agreed on Ellsworth. It's been said that he felt Mel glossed over his application to be an assistant a few years ago, and that he wasn't too happy about it.

My guess is they do a cut to 2-3 finalists, and then do follow-up interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Agreed on Ellsworth. It's been said that he felt Mel glossed over his application to be an assistant a few years ago, and that he wasn't too happy about it.

My guess is they do a cut to 2-3 finalists, and then do follow-up interviews.
      Mel who?

Comment

• Originally posted by pbr View Post
        Mel who?
        Mel? Always thought it was Marv...?
        In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Knowing what I know (which isn't much ), and based on the below list of 7 out of 8 confirmed interviewees:

-Rolston
          -Shawhan
          -Muckalt
          -Herter
          -Mikesch
          -Ellsworth
          -Shuchuk

My gut feeling says the job is Rolston's if he wants it and they can come to terms, so I finally voted in Shirtless' poll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Knowing what I know (which isn't much ), and based on the below list of 7 out of 8 confirmed interviewees:

-Rolston
            -Shawhan
            -Muckalt
            -Herter
            -Mikesch
            -Ellsworth
            -Shuchuk

My gut feeling says the job is Rolston's if he wants it and they can come to terms, so I finally voted in Shirtless' poll.
            I still can't work the link to Shirtless' poll.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              I still can't work the link to Shirtless' poll.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
              Hearing that there's more than 8. Someone familiar to Tech and another who's coached in a number of places.

Comment

Hearing that there's more than 8. Someone familiar to Tech and another who's coached in a number of places.
                My source is very well connected to the decision makers, and he says 8 is the number. I think that if the preferred candidate accepts, it ends there. Otherwise, the best guess is that there will be another round.

Comment

The Tech turnaround was based on the ability to attract players and the type of game style, up tempo push the puck up the ice fast and control it in all 3 zones. When you analyze the candidates who best allows this to continue.
                  As highly regarded as the two current assistants are by the fan base, based on the selection, it seems at most only one will be back based on defensive or offensive need.

I would say it is a 3 man race now based on that criteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    My source is very well connected to the decision makers, and he says 8 is the number. I think that if the preferred candidate accepts, it ends there. Otherwise, the best guess is that there will be another round.
                    Does your source know how many applied? Just curious

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      Does your source know how many applied? Just curious
                      Have not been privy to that number yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Have not been privy to that number yet.
                        A name that no one mentioned has been here. Ask your source for more info.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

If anyone has any inside information and would be willing to share with Tech Hockey Guide please use the contact form on http://techhockeyguide.com/about/. All sources remain anonymous and we use multiple sources prior to posting any confirmed information.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by pbr View Post
                              Wow! This thread has more intrigue and plot twists than "The Blacklist"...
                              Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 05-13-2017, 10:50 PM.
                              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Keyser Soze?
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X