Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't see how this does not come to pass. Money drives some people more than considering the aftermath. There are already people messing with this stuff.
    Yeah, it's likely to happen, but it still shouldn't.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Re: Religion Thread: That's Me In the Corner...

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Yeah, it's likely to happen, but it still shouldn't.
    Don't have a link or a reliable reference, but I've heard of ads in the Harvard and Stanford newspapers seeking sperm/ova from tall, handsome/beautiful, athletic students. Unfortunately, I don't doubt the rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
      Don't have a link or a reliable reference, but I've heard of ads in the Harvard and Stanford newspapers seeking sperm/ova from tall, handsome/beautiful, athletic students. Unfortunately, I don't doubt the rumors.
      That's been going on for years. There was a story at one point (this was at least several years ago) of a guy who was ridiculously prolific and the offspring were looking for him and their sibs.

Comment

That's been going on for years. There was a story at one point (this was at least several years ago) of a guy who was ridiculously prolific and the offspring were looking for him and their sibs.
        Yeah, that was turned into a Vince Vaughn movie, I think it was called Delivery Man. During the closing credits, they showed a real-life group photo of all the children born from that guy's donations.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that ethical objections to designer babies had to be religious, but that it is natural that those of us who have lived most of our lives prior to the gene therapy singularity are overwhelmed and frightened by "the shock of the new."

Of course, nature has been conducting Her own breeding experiments for millions of years, and those produced Dreedle's WAC.
          Last edited by Kepler; 04-05-2016, 10:42 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meanwhile in Bloomington, IN - run for your safe space - armed an KKK is on campus!!!

Not really

Next there will be sightings of giant penguins in burquas.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Meanwhile in Bloomington, IN - run for your safe space - armed an KKK is on campus!!!

Not really

Next there will be sightings of giant penguins in burquas.
              Funny stuff.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

GOP 2016 Platform leaked...
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  ISIS men are scared, of course. In Islamic countries where women have been educated (most notably Iran), they actually have rights...

EDIT: FFS, you know a group is extreme when they uphold Saudi Arabia as a den of iniquity.
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-06-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kepler View Post
                    truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My niece came home from Spain a couple weeks prior, on a spring break trip with her high school band. They were in Barcelona, and she snapped a few photos of the Barcelona Cathedral. Seeing that photo, it's pretty clear that the architect modeled the main entrance after a vulva. No, I did not mention this to my niece.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...bnw=106&w=1600

Comment

My niece came home from Spain a couple weeks prior, on a spring break trip with her high school band. They were in Barcelona, and she snapped a few photos of the Barcelona Cathedral. Seeing that photo, it's pretty clear that the architect modeled the main entrance after a vulva. No, I did not mention this to my niece.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...bnw=106&w=1600
                        So that is where Georgia O'Keefe got the idea?

Wow, I have been to more Cathedrals than I care to remember in England/Europe and never thought of that. If you really want to stretch it the sky space between the turrets can be the b00bs. I will not be able to look at a cathedral the same way again.

Comment

So that is where Georgia O'Keefe got the idea?

Wow, I have been to more Cathedrals than I care to remember in England/Europe and never thought of that. If you really want to stretch it the sky space between the turrets can be the b00bs. I will not be able to look at a cathedral the same way again.
                          Perhaps this explains the design of Barcelona Cathedral, it's dedicated to a naked lady miracle.

The cathedral is dedicated to Eulalia of Barcelona, co-patron saint of Barcelona, a young virgin who, according to Catholic tradition, suffered martyrdom during Roman times in the city. One story says that she was exposed naked in the public square and a miraculous snowfall in mid-spring covered her nudity. The enraged Romans put her into a barrel with knives stuck into it and rolled it down a street (according to tradition, the one now called Baixada de Santa Eulàlia). The body of Saint Eulalia is entombed in the cathedral's crypt.

Comment

Perhaps this explains the design of Barcelona Cathedral, it's dedicated to a naked lady miracle.
                            Hey now, don't let the facts get in the way of a good pout from 5mn_major about "respect".

Comment

For f-cks sake... Google image search on "cathedral doors" or "gothic doors." There are thousands of variations on the theme used in the Barcelona doors. Not to mention that if I was making a c-nt I wouldn't put teeth in the tympanum.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                              X