X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think the judiciary is the only thread left holding America from the GOP fascist state, so don't lump me in.
    That's fair. I was probably too broad with my indictment, but there is no question that an unfortunate number of our friends on the left on this Board repeatedly complain about the political corruption of our judiciary.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      But you gotta admit, that's not really a high bar.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

After I hit "post" I did think of Cruise's "height", but by then it was too late and I was too lazy to go back and edit it.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

That's fair. I was probably too broad with my indictment, but there is no question that an unfortunate number of our friends on the left on this Board repeatedly complain about the political corruption of our judiciary.
          I can only say I don't recall seeing that though I may be blind to it. BTW I love the Learned Hand quote.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can only say I don't recall seeing that though I may be blind to it. BTW I love the Learned Hand quote.
            I'm primarily thinking about Supreme Court discussions, since we pretty rarely discuss decisions of lower courts.

It's funny, I've had that quote in my signature for probably 10+ years now and I don't think anyone else has either recognized it, or perhaps Googled it, or cared for that matter.

I've always thought it was a good quote for internet discussion forums.

Comment

What if I lie on the cross and you know it but you didn't ask the question?
              Ethically your attorney would take you aside and let you know he or she thinks you committed perjury and must do everything they can to convince you to go back and explain or correct your statement, such as ensuring the client knows what the penalty is for perjury, and suggesting that they may need to withdraw as your attorney. A defendant has a nearly unfettered constitutional right to speak on his own behalf in criminal cases though, so an attorney cannot necessarily stop you from lying. They cannot refer to or rely on testimony they know to be perjured.

Comment

President Dip**** just riffed about Mueller and the Raid on his attorney. Wow.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm primarily thinking about Supreme Court discussions, since we pretty rarely discuss decisions of lower courts.
                  I wouldn't say the RWNJ SCOTUS justices are corrupt. I'd say they are sincere but they have been placed there on the Court by the type of criminal who wants GOP policies to triumph. And that has happened because the GOP has systematically stolen elections.

But the judges themselves aren't corrupt. They're just crazy.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2018, 08:43 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I don't think conflating the Supreme Court and today's "issue" tracks. When the Supreme's make a decision it's usually related to a contested part of legislation that needs to be interpreted and set. In all cases there is usually a dissent written. You may or may not come down on the dissent side based on your politics and the Court is pretty dang conservative right now and has been for a while. That's different than whether or no a Judge is going to issue a search warrant in this case.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      President Dip**** just riffed about Mueller and the Raid on his attorney. Wow.
                      It’s an act against America.
                      Anyone else notice ivankas company is exempt from the tariffs?
                      What could stop people from taking about the raid? Perhaps a bomb on Syria?
                      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 04-09-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        See posts 146 - 188

I honestly missed it...not sure how.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/st...448020480?s=19

Comment

It will never get old.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh, I believe in our justice system. That's why I'm not that enthused about an integral part of it being compromised.

If you report that the Feds got a warrant and seized all of Jared's files or Trumps files from Trump Tower, I wouldn't have said a peep. Great. The feds got a warrant and they seized some files. That's what they are supposed to do when criminal activity is afoot.

But I think that client communications with an attorney are sacrosanct and I'm not that excited to see that chipped away at.
                              What makes you conclude they obtained privileged information? Has someone been leaking what information was accessed?

Comment

If the lawyer is part of a criminal conspiracy he no longer is acting as attorney and is no longer afforded such privilege. If a judge signed off on the warrant they are looking for something specific and there is something that backs it up.

Normally I agree with you SJHovey but it only goes so far...plus burd makes a good point.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X