X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I mean we have certain people on this site on the left doubling down on failed positions/candidates so you're probably right about that
    As I said, the left is not monolithic and we are dealing with tendencies. We are emerging from a period in which a smug, sedentary Groupthink pervaded Democratic leadership. That period coincided with a long slide from dominance to minority at every level of government, from the 60s through the teens. But this is a normal Hegelian pattern: the grandchildren will ritually (well, presumably ritually, although now you mention it social security makes a more literal solution look attractive) slay their grandparents and smash their obsolete ideological structures.

And then in fifty years the kids of today will likewise get shot into the sun by their grandkids. Circle of life.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Let's all watch McCain pee into the wind. What a joke. Why even bring it up? Nobody listens to you anymore, John. You sold out.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Why do that when you can just double down?

I know I reevaluated my libertarian stances after the financial crisis. I also know at least one guy who just doubled down on that ideology. There are people who are willing to change their positions but they're not super common unfortunately.
        That's when I started evolving as well. I used to be a center-right libertarian and now... Not so much.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Same thing happened with me when I got a family and started to view life as more than a cloud of atomized individuals, but I had a friend who just went out even farther along the limb.

Our ideas probably aren't really rational. They choose us, we don't choose them. So that's why I say you can't say a guy with evil ideas is evil. What he is is just vulnerable to evil; something went wrong with his immune system.

When I talk to Joe I don't get the evil vibe (and believe me there are people here that I do). I hear a guy trying to do right who has a few axioms which allow him to justify causing great suffering. But... I also think he would say exactly the same about me. According to Joe, I'm literally abetting mass murder.

I'm not saying don't judge: Aristotle was wrong, humans are the judging animal, and that's good -- that introduction of values is what makes us interesting in Nature. But I'm saying don't condemn. By all means, contain. Joe's ideas are not the sort of sh-t we need spreading pain in the world. But the people who carry those ideas are for the most part unwitting.
          Agreed.

Joe, I definitely don't think you're a bad person. I just very much disagree with your opinions. Maybe we'll find a happy medium someday.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            He's just a coward that doesn't want people to call him out on what a piece of **** he is as a human being.
            Doing the Foxton act, I see. Not a good look for you.

Comment

"You have to have see-through. You have to know what’s on the other side of the wall."

That fcking wall is never getting built.

Comment

of course Trumpy has a thing for see-through.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Let's all watch McCain pee into the wind. What a joke. Why even bring it up? Nobody listens to you anymore, John. You sold out.
                  It is still good to bring it up. We need to have every hand on deck to fight these creeps.

You have to stop giving up so easily. It helps nobody.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Agreed.

Joe, I definitely don't think you're a bad person. I just very much disagree with your opinions. Maybe we'll find a happy medium someday.
                    Kep and I agreed on most of the Red/Green Tax Act of 2018. The only issue left to solve was the rates.

I'm very libertarian, but some issues are show stoppers on which we will disagree. However I do not expectorate the vitriol that some of the posters do when someone takes a position they disagree with.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Space Force? Trump wants a military space force?

How much more like Russia is Trump making our country?

Holy Fu**, people like Joe just bury their head in the sand because "well, he votes like I want him to on this one specific issue." I can't wait for Trump to just sell the nation to Russia to pay national debts off...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So, Roger Stone will absolutely be going to Club Fed.

Comment

He wants to move Perry from Energy to Veterans Affairs. I guess that doesn't make less sense.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

If the position you hold selfishly and negatively impacts innocent people....

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              If the position you hold selfishly and negatively impacts innocent people....
                              That’s another reason I moved left. Because I’m not a total entitled a-shole who tells everyone FYIGM.
                              Code:

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/DailyCaller...5313137026770/

Music is wrong, but she should check into the Gerald Ford clinic.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X