X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    10% of the country may truly be terrible but how do you think we're defeating them when 63,000,000 people voted for the leader of the terribles, and poll after poll show that virtually everyone of those 63,000,000 would vote for him again? You terribly underestimate the scope of the task. Almost all of those 63,000,000 suffer from one of two ills (and many suffer both): either they are filled with some form of hatred (of immigrants, darker people, women, unions, city folk, something, anything) or they believe the mainstream media is fake and get and believe almost the entirety of their "news" direct from trump or one of his mouthpieces. They believe things that are 90% untrue. We're not talking about 10% of the country. We're talking about nearly half of the electorate. If another election was held tomorrow the results would largely be the same. No one has had their mind changed about trump, and nothing is going to change anyone's mind about trump. Sure it's about turnout in 2018 and again in 2020, but if you think that's all it's about, prepare to be very disappointed after the next few elections. We're fast running out of time.
    I'm not as on board with Trump being an unstoppable juggernaut. Not that he won't be formidable, because he will be, but he got basically the same amount of votes Republicans from George W Bush on have gotten. Its by and large a static population of older people who vote GOP every time. But, their strength is in their consistency. They never take elections off. Trump will get a similar amount of votes minus a couple of million Bernie voters who presumably won't do that again, but they'll be somewhat replaced by white supremacist loons who have found their favorite politician since George Wallace.

However, if Dems can put down the smartphone and the bong and turn out, like they did for Obama in 2008 (70M votes) no amount of electoral college nuances or voter suppression tactics will prevent an epic-a sskicking. The left has the #'s. Whether they decide to use that remains to be seen.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I'm not as on board with Trump being an unstoppable juggernaut. Not that he won't be formidable, because he will be, but he got basically the same amount of votes Republicans from George W Bush on have gotten. Its by and large a static population of older people who vote GOP every time. But, their strength is in their consistency. They never take elections off. Trump will get a similar amount of votes minus a couple of million Bernie voters who presumably won't do that again, but they'll be somewhat replaced by white supremacist loons who have found their favorite politician since George Wallace.

However, if Dems can put down the smartphone and the bong and turn out, like they did for Obama in 2008 (70M votes) no amount of electoral college nuances or voter suppression tactics will prevent an epic-a sskicking. The left has the #'s. Whether they decide to use that remains to be seen.
      Just don't run a lump of feces. Again.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Al Gore
        Mike Dukakis
        John Kerry
        Walter Mondale

The list goes on and on.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Al Gore
          Mike Dukakis
          John Kerry
          Walter Mondale

The list goes on and on.
          I know, I know, I know. We nominate candidates as if the electorate has brains. This is a Well Intentioned Mistake. We should be growing charismatic vegetables like Reagan and Dubya and Rubio in vats like the GOP does, send them out there to charm the hurr durrs, and then govern with the combination Bernie's economic and Ta-Nehisi Coates' social policies.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I know, I know, I know. We nominate candidates as if the electorate has brains. This is a Well Intentioned Mistake. We should be growing charismatic vegetables like Reagan and Dubya and Rubio in vats like the GOP does, send them out there to charm the hurr durrs, and then govern with the combination Bernie's economic and Ta-Nehisi Coates' social policies.
            Well, someone needs to fix that problem. Barack Obama's and Bill Clinton's don't grow on trees.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

There's no excuse for a couple of million of your like minded lefties voting FOR Trump. Please tell me you're talking to your pals over at the commune and convincing them not to do that again? I don't care of Joe Manchin is the nominee in 2020. No more Trump voting out of Berners, please.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

There's no excuse for a couple of million of your like minded lefties voting FOR Trump. Please tell me you're talking to your pals over at the commune and convincing them not to do that again? I don't care of Joe Manchin is the nominee in 2020. No more Trump voting out of Berners, please.
                Apparently there is. We haven't elected a Democratic President without someone running with a huge out of sight Charisma score since Jimmy Carter. And he along with LBJ had the "southern" angle, which Bill also had.

Comment

You can say this garbage a million times. It doesn't make it any more relevant that the first time you said it. You need to grow up and move on. You and Hillary and the DNC have the same entitlement on this. No vote belongs to you. Earn or die.

If you don't give people something to vote for they won't vote for you. If your product doesn't sell it's not the consumer's fault, it's yours.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018, 09:12 AM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

You can' say this garbage a million times. It doesn't make it any more relevant that the first time you said it. You need to grow up and move on.
                    No, you and the other Democrats need to solve the problem. Or the country is toast. You have my vote already. You have Rover's. We're not the problem.

Comment

If you don't give people something to vote for they won't vote. If your product doesn't sell it's not the consumer's fault, it's yours.
                      And Trump and W in 2004 was something to vote for? You're not seeing the issue clearly.

Comment

Well, someone needs to fix that problem. Barack Obama's and Bill Clinton's don't grow on trees.
                        It's not that hard. Look at the GOP: they have a bench of hundred of completely empty-headed dopes with nice hair who you just unscrew the top and pour your ideology in. I know it's easier for the right than the left because the left is all hung up on stuff like intelligence and reason and truth, but we need to learn the first lesson of politics: a politician is just a pretty hood ornament. The politician doesn't need to know anything but how to win votes. Governance is the job of the ugly short Jews in the back room who understand stuff like math and foreign policy.

Run pretty dopes so the voting dopes will trust them. Let them sit in the big chair and feel all important. Have the smart people run the country from behind the scenes. That's how representative republics work.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018, 10:58 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

And Trump and W in 2004 was something to vote for?
                          Yes. They ran on their image. Dubya ran on "aw gee shucks" and Dump ran on "I'm Mad As Hell." That's what the boobs wanted.

Do you think Obama won on the details of his economic proposals? He won because he had a great smile and he knew how to communicate a completely amorphous concept: "Hope."

Republicans win on: Force, Glory, Faith. The fascist tri-fecta.

Democrats win on: Hope, Equality, Inclusion. Tell me how our losers communicated any of those emotions?

Elections are won on emotion. Elections have nothing to do with governance. This is deeply cynical are true and from time to time the Democrats forget this because they get sucked up into their own clean, idyllic, privileged, college town Land of Make Believe and forget that votes are won by rhetorical appeals and marketing campaigns. Chevy doesn't move product on the facts, they show (carefully faked) working class soap operas narrated by gravely voiced dipsh-ts. That's your model for a successful campaign for PA or OH right there.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018, 09:28 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

No, you and the other Democrats need to solve the problem. Or the country is toast. You have my vote already. You have Rover's. We're not the problem.
                            Yup. Kep's not too into personal responsibility apparently, but he and his ilk will never live down that they actively helped elect Trump with their votes. Not by sitting home mind you, but by voting FOR the lunatic in key states. But, he reasons, that ought to teach us a lesson - if we don't vote far left, the far lefties will just go vote for the Republican no matter how insane that candidate is (see Trump, Donald). Umm..guys, it doesn't work like that which is why Little Ralphie Nader is now known as a joke and a fraud with his "no difference between Gore and Bush" schtick which had some tragic consequences.

Either vote for the candidate who backs about 80% of what you believe in or fuk off. Don't go vote FOR the Republicans unless you're a total numbnuts.

EDIT - Results of last arch liberals running for Prez (Dukakis, Mondale, McGovern) aren't good...

Comment

Yes. They ran on their image. Dubya ran on "aw gee shucks" and Dump ran on "I'm Mad As Hell." That's what the boobs wanted.

Do you think Obama won on the details of his economic proposals? He won because he had a great smile and he knew how to communicate a completely amorphous concept: "Hope."

Republicans win on: Force, Glory, Faith. The fascist tri-fecta.

Democrats win on: Hope, Equality, Inclusion. Tell me how our losers communicated any of those emotions?

Elections are won on emotion. Elections have nothing to do with governance. This is deeply cynical are true and from time to time the Democrats forget this because they get sucked up into their own clean, idyllic, privileged, college town Land of Make Believe and forget that votes are won by rhetorical appeals and marketing campaigns. Chevy doesn't move product on the facts, they show (carefully faked) working class soap operas narrated by gravely voiced dipsh-ts. That's your model for a successful campaign for PA or OH right there.
                              The losers communicated all of that. No one was listening.

Comment

Yup. Kep's not too into personal responsibility apparently
                                Coming from you that's pretty funny.

Tell me this. Since liberals are so flighty and crazy and purist, why depend on us? Why not build a coalition without us?

You're the cheating husband who can't understand why his wife kicked him out. Either be true or you'll have to find some gutter slut to bone.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X