UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

I haven't shouted an expletive that loud since the Bonnies buzzer-beater against basketball. That one stung after we showed great fight to get back in it
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
      I haven't shouted an expletive that loud since the Bonnies buzzer-beater against basketball. That one stung after we showed great fight to get back in it
      I here ya!!!

Comment

Overall I think we out played them and came up short. Frustrating breakdown around the net to allow the OT winner. NU was weak for the most part and we had way more chances that we did not capitalize on to win the game. Hopefully they bring the same intensity tomorrow night and can come away with a W.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
          Overall I think we out played them and came up short. Frustrating breakdown around the net to allow the OT winner. NU was weak for the most part and we had way more chances that we did not capitalize on to win the game. Hopefully they bring the same intensity tomorrow night and can come away with a W.
          A couple silly penalties and a bad turnover. NU capitalized on our mistakes as any good team does.
          Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 02-17-2018, 12:19 AM.
          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

A couple silly penalties and a bad turnover. NU capitalized on our mistakes as any good team does.
            Aside from those penalties and that overtime bouncy puck...I thought it was a great game on both sides. I think Northeastern is better than their 12 ranking, and we outplayed them for much of the game. Lines are starting to click...imagine if they'd been playing together an additional 15 or so games!

Comment

........and that first 5 minutes of course.

Comment

Northeastern will go nowhere this year. A bunch of thin skinned cry babies and a coach who promotes it. Great top line but again see previous statement.

Comment

0-2 weekend sucks. But at least good to see the better play compared to earlier in the year sustained for a weekend. Some mistakes against a talented team will lead to 0-2. Need to see continued improvement next weekend and into the playoffs. Need to continue to see improved D zone positioning from forwards and d. Need to continue to see the aggressive 3rd period O zone play for 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by gocats View Post
                    0-2 weekend sucks. But at least good to see the better play compared to earlier in the year sustained for a weekend. Some mistakes against a talented team will lead to 0-2. Need to see continued improvement next weekend and into the playoffs. Need to continue to see improved D zone positioning from forwards and d. Need to continue to see the aggressive 3rd period O zone play for 60 minutes.
                    Agreed!!

Comment

It was an entertaining weekend of hockey in spite of the results. Nice to see some physical play instead of waving sticks at the puck. Coughlin did a great job of putting his stick on the ice and skating through the puck. Nice to see a competitive team and, with only 3 seniors next year, there is a nice foundation to build on. Treat next weekend as playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                        Northeastern will go nowhere this year. A bunch of thin skinned cry babies and a coach who promotes it. Great top line but again see previous statement.
                        Top 4 seed for playoffs guaranteed, Beanpot won, in position to make the NCAAs at large...alright bud. You'd know all about teams that won't go anywhere, right?
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                          More than a few of Northeastern’s players seem a touch classless. I can’t agree with the “going nowhere” statement though...that top line can snipe. This weekend of hockey was fun to watch.

Comment

Yes, Northeastern is a good team. And exciting. Best of luck moving forward. I hope we can reach that level in upcoming years with our young talent maturing.

I actually thought about this weekend's hockey this morning. Not a good sign for a healthy balanced life for sure ;-p I guess my optimism is based on the concern I had going into the weekend. NU is a very good team. And I remember us in October and November and .... Especially after the first 5 minutes, there was the potential to be embarrassed all weekend. Even in defeat, the Cats showed they are not the same team they were earlier. So many returners, I look forward to more growth however long this season goes and into next year.

Have the same concerns going into this weekend. Can see us getting a point or two or three. Can also see total collapse. Looking forward for the best. I see the improvement but feel it is fragile. Ok, I'm done. No more hockey thoughts for now.

Comment

Nice PK. And here we go again.

Comment

*** is this penalty kill!?

Comment

Working...
                                X