Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    At BU the lines are too long and it takes awhile so you don't have time to go to the restroom and back to your seat for the game.
    Try coming to Agganis for a game that isn't against BC. You will see considerably smaller lines for both the beer and restroom!

Comment

What brought about this change ? Not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing.
      I would think a good thing... certainly not a bad thing. It has always worked out OK at BU. Most people I see don't drink a lot at the games, but it is nice to have a beer with your hot dog etc.

I wonder if getting a licence to do so was difficult?

Comment

Just heard the BC announcer say “That’s another thing that frustrates me...BC hasn’t been getting good crowds. You have a good crowd tonight - give ‘em something.”

Have these guys been living under a rock? The attendance has been a discussion at multiple schools for three years now!

Comment

• scoringfest tonight or sievefest.. depending on your pov..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

How did the beer work out?

Comment

Not sure why BC stopped playing defense after such a dazzling performance against NU. Normally 4 goals is a good thing but allowing 6 goals and an EN goal tells you BC was terrible in the neutral zone and defensive zone.

Casey Fitzgerald himself was responsible himself for 3 of BUs goal with the way he handled the puck and coughing it up to very good aggressive forechecking.
              One fan said he should be benched for his terrible handling of the puck. He tries to get too cute with the puck and makes bad decisions with the puck.

BC early and often allowed BU to attack and pile on the SOG early in the first two periods that put BC in a hole that they could not dig out of. BC often refuses to get the puck on net when they have a chance and chooses to pass the puck to a covered forward. When in trouble get the puck deep into the BU zone first.

The power play was pathetic. There was no sense of urgency and very sloppy play to the point it resulted in a BU SH goal (( In the NU game at Matthews the PP was much better. They moved the puck well and moved the puck much faster from point to point.

It's only one game but a win Saturday to earn a split is in order and needed.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The difference between the NU and BU games is the heat put on the BC 'D". It's funny. NU beat BU easily. BC beat NU easily. Tonight, BU beat BC pretty easily. Who can figure these games?

Comment

Not sure why BC stopped playing defense after such a dazzling performance against NU. Normally 4 goals is a good thing but allowing 6 goals and an EN goal tells you BC was terrible in the neutral zone and defensive zone.

Casey Fitzgerald himself was responsible himself for 3 of BUs goal with the way he handled the puck and coughing it up to very good aggressive forechecking.
                  One fan said he should be benched for his terrible handling of the puck. He tries to get too cute with the puck and makes bad decisions with the puck.

BC early and often allowed BU to attack and pile on the SOG early in the first two periods that put BC in a hole that they could not dig out of. BC often refuses to get the puck on net when they have a chance and chooses to pass the puck to a covered forward. When in trouble get the puck deep into the BU zone first.

The power play was pathetic. There was no sense of urgency and very sloppy play to the point it resulted in a BU SH goal (( In the NU game at Matthews the PP was much better. They moved the puck well and moved the puck much faster from point to point.

It's only one game but a win Saturday to earn a split is in order and needed.
                  You nailed it Ray. Turnovers in the D and neutral zones cost a W against Harvard as well.
                  The Eagles looked like they did at SCSU, where their forwards made our D look like they were playing in cement shoes. I thought we had progressed from there.
                  Lets's see what tonight brings.

Go Eagles!
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                    The difference between the NU and BU games is the heat put on the BC 'D". It's funny. NU beat BU easily. BC beat NU easily. Tonight, BU beat BC pretty easily. Who can figure these games?
                    Comparative scores will just drive you nuts.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

After a pulsating start, that got UGLY fast. Didn't like the first shorthanded breakaway Mr. Tkachuk? No problem, here's another one for ya!
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Nice touch with the Finnish national anthem last night for players on both sides.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          After a pulsating start, that got UGLY fast. Didn't like the first shorthanded breakaway Mr. Tkachuk? No problem, here's another one for ya!
                          Yes it did. Could see the rout coming on.
                          The Eagles did well to keep the score where they did.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Nice response tonight, i would have taken a split so i'm content. Kinda funny how much success the road team has had in this series...especially BC at agganis. I need sean pickett to tell me BCs record at agganis...

Oh and ron greco somehow scored three times on oettinger.

Comment

Hard to complain with a split given the talent BU has on their roster. That being said, I wasn't very impressed with our effort in the second and third periods. Had Joe Well not stood on his head for most of the game I think the outcome would've been different. We had 12 combined shots in the second and third periods and only three in the third, including the empty net goal. I know that we started to play a defensive game, but it looked like our players were stuck in mud for long stretches. That concerns me a little bit.

Oh, and I believe BC is 12-4-2 at Agganis Arena since it opened in 2005. Not too shabby if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
                                Oh, and I believe BC is 12-4-2 at Agganis Arena since it opened in 2005. Not too shabby if you ask me...
                                Correct. Click to go to Wikipedia page

Comment

Working...
                                X