Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Might be worth it in the long run to pay two coaches instead of just keeping Appert to go through the motions. They need a coach who is going to breath some life into the program.
    Send us yours and we'll be happy to stick with just one

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I can understand the benefits to having a long-term coach though, otherwise you could end up in a cycle of mediocrity just hoping for that magical "fixer", sort of like the Buffalo Bills for this century. In this case, though, his system's in place, it's all his kids, and from what I can tell, there's plenty of financial support from formerly the Student Union (now the administration). No more excuses.
      We are averaging less than 2 goals a game. We have had breakaways, open nets, great passing plays to set up easy goals, and we get nothing. 2 man advantages and nothing. I know that you can't fire the players, and the players were all brought in by SA, but we all thought that some of these guys looked very good coming into the RPI family. I wouldn't mind changing coaches, if there was a coach out there that could turn this thing around. Is he out there?
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

I've joked before about Adam Oates - but hey, why not? He's already coached at the highest level, seems to be a master of the power-play and winning face-offs (both of which we are in dire need of improvement), and he's an honored alum. Other than the price tag (and his availability), what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
          I've joked before about Adam Oates - but hey, why not? He's already coached at the highest level, seems to be a master of the power-play and winning face-offs (both of which we are in dire need of improvement), and he's an honored alum. Other than the price tag (and his availability), what's not to like?
          I think you already mentioned the disqualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I think you already mentioned the disqualifications.
            If Shirley's compensation is any indication, anything is negotiable...

Comment

If Shirley's compensation is any indication, anything is negotiable...
              I'm pretty sure he doesn't have "friends in high places" that have the capability of making people "disappear", though...

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I wouldn't mind changing coaches, if there was a coach out there that could turn this thing around. Is he out there?
                Wait...I feel like this is ground hog day 11 years later. IMO, the program was not broke back then but needed administrative support. Compare to now, new budget, new salary, wiggle room with admissions, Field House upgrades, new staff positions. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Results? Be careful what you wish for!
                Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 11-25-2016, 08:44 AM.
                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                  Wait...I feel like this is ground hog day 11 years later. IMO, the program was not broke back then but needed administrative support. Compare to now, new budget, new salary, wiggle room with admissions, Field House upgrades, new staff positions. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Results? Be careful what you wish for!
                  The only thing I am wishing for, is more goals.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

RPI currently @ #59 in Krach, Brown #60. If Brown beats Maine tonight & RPI.....(well, you know) Appert will have the last ranked team in the nation. Quite an accomplishment Seth
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      RPI currently @ #59 in Krach, Brown #60. If Brown beats Maine tonight & RPI.....(well, you know) Appert will have the last ranked team in the nation. Quite an accomplishment Seth
                      But PWR is what counts, and there we are still #58. So we need UAA to also win.

It is pretty crappy no matter how you cut it.

BTW, did you notice that the women went 5 for 8 on the power play yesterday? I wonder when the last time was that men did that well.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's a pipe dream. He's acting as a personal coach to star NHL players and has said the only way he'd give up that gig is for another head coaching job in the NHL.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          It's a pipe dream. He's acting as a personal coach to star NHL players and has said the only way he'd give up that gig is for another head coaching job in the NHL.
                          I can tell you that one current Engineer sought out AO during the summer for his personal services. $7,000 for 3 days, no discount was offered even for the connection to the school.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            I can tell you that one current Engineer sought out AO during the summer for his personal services. $7,000 for 3 days, no discount was offered even for the connection to the school.
                            That almost seems cheap, given he has clients that bank upwards of $8 million a year.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Hey, I ran into another win. Cool.
                              Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Hey guys, chin up; according to KRACH, one win was more than expected this weekend!
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X