Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

there was never any grand scheme where york had a certain date in mind to put those three together. it just hapoened, organically. gaudreau gets as much ice time as any forward on the team and it's been that way all year.

if bc is down a goal late in a game or something similar, gaudreau would be on the ice for the majority of the 2 minutes...if not the whole **** thing. as for the average run of the mill PP during a game, york is not whistling dick umile trying to get guys off the ice and he certainly isn't gonna rush gaudreau off the ice.

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

After watching Duke play with BC today thank goodness there's hockey ) That was boring and painful as it gets ... I went with a friend who is in the East Carolina Hall of Fame and we were commenting during the game on this and that ..... comments like ..... why did he do that ? Boards ? why is he standing there and waiting there until time runs out to get the play going ? I won't be renewing my season tickets next year ((

Is Don way over his head ??
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14, Part II: Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property Nat'l Ch

When it comes to games watched... don't question it. the G_A_H line for fact doesn't get top 1st PP line time compared to most teams. AGAIN THEY GET ALOT OF PP TIME.... even more when they are 1 goal up, even, down 1. But not many teams in the league score an average of 4+ goals a games, normal teams don't win by an average of 2 goal a game. Johnny get limited PP time when compared to the avg for 1st line of PP on most teams...... thats all, you can't argue that. You can see a clear difference in ice time basis off the value of the game and score. Which in return limits PP time compared to most 1st line PP in the college hockey..... this isn't a brain teasing concept

Comment

p.s ill try to find the interview where york clearly stated that he split G_A_H line to better suit the freshman and other line..... you don't think he ever thought ...."wow, i under what will happen when i put my best 3 forwards together for the first line..... maybe gaudreau with a freshman with develop into the best line in college hockey".... do you know hockey?

Comment

This guy's a hoot. 4 posts over 2 days and he's barking out orders.

Junkie: Don't question the number of games I've watched.

Junkie: These PP numbers are indeed fact. Johnny doesn't get as much PP time as other #1 lines. Don't ask me to prove it with a link to the stats. I'm telling you what I say is all fact.

Junkie: p.s. you guys have been watching York coach at BC for 20 years, but you don't know squat about the way he coaches Johnny (yea, it's not about the team, it's all about Johnny). Anyway, let me dig out that interview I read to prove I really know my stuff.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I think he may be a junkie with things other than BC hockey as well. Stop huffing spray paint fumes and watch the games and use common sense. JG is out there every bit as much as anyone else's top pp unit. They have dominating shifts where they spend 90 seconds in there if they don't score early on the pp.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Worcester (Holy Cross)
                Boston College
                St Cloud
                Providence
                Air Force

I'm in.......................FiveHole12, hold on with the popcorn, you may need it in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Is Don way over his head ??
                  It sure would appears so. This year is the 'next year' they crowed about last year. That pattern has been repeating itself for a long time...long enough to realize what and where the problem is.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    FiveHole12, hold on with the popcorn, you may need it in this thread
                    It won't do me any good. I'll be a participant in the game.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      It won't do me any good. I'll be a participant in the game.
                      I guess you'll be the one with old throwback jersey )
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I've seen some mind-boggling stats and numbers but ... Merrimack hasn't won at Conte since Halloween 1997. That might be the most ridiculous thing ever.
                        On the other hand, I think MC plays us tough at Lawler and given their situation, they hold their own for a small school and not having the same recruits that we get year in and year out. Especially in a rink like theirs and not updated until recently but still with limited seating and resources. It's no surprise with the talent and depth BC has.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          On the other hand, I think MC plays us tough at Lawler and given their situation, they hold their own for a small school and not having the same recruits that we get year in and year out. Especially in a rink like theirs and not updated until recently but still with limited seating and resources. It's no surprise with the talent and depth BC has.
                          Holy Cross basically just won at Conte in their first try. It's crazy for any D1 team to have a stretch of futility like this even against the best team in the country since that last win at BC in 1997.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            FiveHole12, hold on with the popcorn, you may need it in this thread
                            Speaking of popcorn... my 3 year old grand-niece that was with us the other night is yapping away about the game when we're back in the car.

I say: "Honey, do you remember how many goals the Eagles scored?"
                            3 year old innocently says: "Uncle FiveHole , the Eagle didn't score any goals, the hockey players did."

LOL... a 3 year old. She's smarter than us sterlippo (well, smarter than you anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Holy Cross basically just won at Conte in their first try. It's crazy for any D1 team to have a stretch of futility like this even against the best team in the country since that last win at BC in 1997.
                              HC is not in HE and we don't play them regularly like MC. BC went to sleep in that game thinking they can sweep HC like flies off sugar cane, and I suspect HC even is a little better than offense-challenged MC this year. Didn't HC upset someone else before like Minnesota a few years back ? MC since they went Division I has not done as well at this level overall. But they did upset BU one year ages ago I think when they had a few decent players that year.

Comment

Originally posted by BChockeyJunkie View Post
                                p.s ill try to find the interview where york clearly stated that he split G_A_H line to better suit the freshman and other line..... you don't think he ever thought ...."wow, i under what will happen when i put my best 3 forwards together for the first line..... maybe gaudreau with a freshman with develop into the best line in college hockey".... do you know hockey?
                                I'm not trying to jump ugly on you here, but I don't think you're gonna be able to find said interview. Even last year when all three guys were healthy, I don't recall them ever playing on the same line. So he never split them up because they never played together to begin with. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure York had thought about it before, certainly not denying that. But if they were playing well without those three guys on the same line, he never would have put them together. He only put them together because the team was getting killed by Holy Cross at home (I think that was the game) and coming off a bad performance before that as well.

Originally posted by BChockeyJunkie View Post
                                But not many teams in the league score an average of 4+ goals a games, normal teams don't win by an average of 2 goal a game. Johnny get limited PP time when compared to the avg for 1st line of PP on most teams...... thats all, you can't argue that. You can see a clear difference in ice time basis off the value of the game and score. Which in return limits PP time compared to most 1st line PP in the college hockey..... this isn't a brain teasing concept
                                People are arguing it. People like season ticket holders who attend a buttload of games. The bottom line here is that neither side has any stats to defend their argument, just what we see out there on the ice. Count me as one who think you're wrong. If BC isn't getting as many PP opportunities compared to other teams thus limiting his PP time...ok, I can concede that. Other than that, the only situations where he isn't gonna be getting top PP minutes is if there's a game like Friday night where BC is up huge (like up by 5 goals) and it's late in the game. Honestly though, those games are few and far between.

Comment

Working...
                                X