X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 6.0: Nope, it only found woven strands

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    That's the difference between the public and private sectors.
    You're not required to receive food stamps, either. It can be provided with caveats. If you're spending your money getting high, you clearly have the money to instead buy food, so why should we have to supplement? This is one of the good things about Maine's welfare policy: Show you're actually making an effort to help yourself and your community, and we'll help you out. If you're just looking for a free ride, look somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You're not required to receive food stamps, either. It can be provided with caveats. If you're spending your money getting high, you clearly have the money to instead buy food, so why should we have to supplement? This is one of the good things about Maine's welfare policy: Show you're actually making an effort to help yourself and your community, and we'll help you out. If you're just looking for a free ride, look somewhere else.
      This isn't a free car or even a place to live when the weather frequently goes below zero. This is food. If you're suffering through addiction, how can you get yourself cleaned up and productive again if someone takes your food away?
      Go Gophers!

Comment

This isn't a free car or even a place to live when the weather frequently goes below zero. This is food. If you're suffering through addiction, how can you get yourself cleaned up and productive again if someone takes your food away?
        Addicts should just die. It's the libertarian way.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Correct. Dying quickly has been the Republican Health Care policy since Reagan.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            To be fair, libertarians don't want people to die. They just don't care if they do.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

By stopping the drugs and getting food instead. It's called a swift kick in the rear. Something which a particular generation I unfortunately am a part of could use.

Comment

Originally posted by FraudDUDE88 View Post
                Something which a particular generation I unfortunately am a part of could use.
                How about all the Trump voters on Medicare or Medicaid, and/or SNAP? A lot of them are Boomers, maybe Gen X.

Look, I realize I'm arguing with an 8chan bot here, but your arguments are so trollishly weak-minded as to be laughable.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Correct. Dying quickly has been the Republican Health Care policy since Reagan.
                  Reagan signed into law the requirement that hospitals to treat all-comers in their ERs, regardless of their ability to pay.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Reagan signed into law the requirement that hospitals to treat all-comers in their ERs, regardless of their ability to pay.
                    All part of the plan. The Republicans pass laws at the Federal Level (mandates) that they never fund so they can bankrupt things they don't believe in. Happens everywhere in Government.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        By stopping the drugs and getting food instead. It's called a swift kick in the rear. Something which a particular generation I unfortunately am a part of could use.
                        Seemed to work for Trump voters... oh wait!

Also other states got rid of drug tests for recipients because it cost more than it saved.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Seemed to work for Trump voters... oh wait!

Also other states got rid of drug tests for recipients because it cost more than it saved.
                          And hardly caught anyone.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I work for Tyson Foods. I've noticed that our team member entrance is a revolving door. How appropriate.

Basically, as long as I show up, work safe, work clean... I'll have job security for the next 30 years.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              I work for Tyson Foods. I've noticed that our team member entrance is a revolving door. How appropriate.

Basically, as long as I show up, work safe, work clean... I'll have job security for the next 30 years.
                              You'll also be promoted every couple years for the same reason privates became generals during WW1. :-)
                              Cornell University

Comment

Just heard from a Trumper I know. On the tax cut he said, "I never got a job from a poor person". He's perpetually unemployed (uses unemployment insurance, etc.) and I have been employed since I graduated from High School.

Like I said, I don't get these people.

Comment

Working...
                                X