X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies! The Last Jedi: Ragnarok

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    This is somewhat how I felt about American Beauty, although not sure if Suburbicon is also receiving unworthy critical acclaim.
    Interesting. I loved American Beauty and I got the point of it all the way through. I may have to see Suburbicon myself then.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Interesting. I loved American Beauty and I got the point of it all the way through. I may have to see Suburbicon myself then.
      I got the point they were trying to make, but I found it tedious, contrived, childish and cliched as hell. Funny thing Spacey's character might not be that far off in ways from the real man.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I got the point they were trying to make, but I found it tedious, contrived, childish and cliched as hell. Funny thing Spacey's character might not be that far off in ways from the real man.
        And I felt none of that. To each his own. It's still one of my favorite films.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I loved AB, and I can see where Spacey's character isn't far off from the man himself.

The issue I heard from a lot of people who didn't like the movie was that it was "too close to real life" (in general, not personal viewer's life). They didn't want that type of realism in a movie.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            The issue I heard from a lot of people who didn't like the movie was that it was "too close to real life" (in general, not personal viewer's life). They didn't want that type of realism in a movie.
            Why Mookie loves lost in translation
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thor: Ragnarok. I believe this is the 17th MCU film and it's by far my favorite. Great villains, great heroes, great story. 5 out of 5.

Comment

I am glad you liked it Scoob.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Thor: Ragnarok. I believe this is the 17th MCU film and it's by far my favorite. Great villains, great heroes, great story. 5 out of 5.
                  I'm going tonight. Reviews seem strong, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I believe this is the 17th MCU film.
                    I am honestly not sure whether that number is a joke or the truth.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I am honestly not sure whether that number is a joke or the truth.
                      Not a joke. I confirmed 17.

Comment

Not a joke. I confirmed 17.
                        It seemed both high and right.

Stan Lee must be a billionaire.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          It seemed both high and right.

Stan Lee must be a billionaire.
                          He must be. And realize this is just MCU. It does not include any X-Men, Fantastic Four films.

Comment

He must be. And realize this is just MCU. It does not include any X-Men, Fantastic Four films.
                            Did he actually f-ck over all those people he worked with, or is that industry legend?

Or did he f-ck them over about average for what the business sense guy in entertainment always does to the talented but naive people --
                            a.k.a., the way the world has worked since the first ape swung down from the trees and the second ape slapped a collar on him and called himself "management"?
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Did he actually f-ck over all those people he worked with, or is that industry legend?

Or did he f-ck them over about average for what the business sense guy in entertainment always does to the talented but naive people --
                              a.k.a., the way the world has worked since the first ape swung down from the trees and the second ape slapped a collar on him and called himself "management"?
                              Realize that Marvel was almost dead when they were selling movie rights to their characters. Marvel Studios is almost an entirely new company. The vision that started with the first Iron Man film and has progressed through these 17 films and now all this Netflix and other TV stuff has just taken the intellectual property from one medium (comic books) and transferred it to another (film). They still have the comics, graphic novels, etc. but the movie business drives the bottom line.

Comment

Stan Lee has had little to do with Marvel for a very long time actually. He's just a public figurehead. He has no say in what the movies or comics do. He's made his money, but is just collecting a pension check basically.

The guys who made this what it is are people like Kevin Fiege and Joe Quesada (sp).
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X