Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Women's Hockey

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
    I have said it on other threads and I will say it on this one......Sophie Leclerc is probably the least known great player in D3 women's hockey. This kid can contol a game even when she does not show up on the score sheet. To have the 3 year career that this kid has had and to never be mentioned for All American shows just how ludicrious this process is. Great player , but even a better kid.
    True.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydaddy View Post
      Speaking of going unnoticed...

I do want to right a wrong though and give credit where credit is due. On Leclerc's first goal during the Plattsburg game last Saturday, it was listed as "unassisted". In fact, it was Fortier (#7) that, in the process of forechecking deep in the zone, lifted the Platty D's stick, stole the puck and from the backhand, passed it to Leclerc who then strode in for that goal to tie the game. That little .5 second move by Fortier changed the course of life for everyone in that rink, yet, went unnoticed to almost everyone, including the refs!

Sometimes it's the little things in life that add up to the most, would you not agree?
      I would like to see the video of that supposed "assist" — I'm sort of interested in what you've concocted here. As I saw it, Leclerc had the puck land on her stick courtesy of the Platty D and was THE ONLY NORWICH PLAYER in the zone, with the rest of the team flying through the neutral zone on a change. I know Fortier was on the ice for about 52 minutes in the game, but I mean, I'm just saying, I'm pretty confident in my ability to follow a play from the press box, and I know maroon looks slightly like red and a 2 looks slightly like a 7, but I'm pretty sure you had a .5 second flash in your imagination. She had about 5 seconds to wait for someone to celebrate with her. If you can prove me wrong...kudos. If you can't, I'll stick with the imagination theory.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
        I would like to see the video of that supposed "assist" — I'm sort of interested in what you've concocted here. As I saw it, Leclerc had the puck land on her stick courtesy of the Platty D and was THE ONLY NORWICH PLAYER in the zone, with the rest of the team flying through the neutral zone on a change. I know Fortier was on the ice for about 52 minutes in the game, but I mean, I'm just saying, I'm pretty confident in my ability to follow a play from the press box, and I know maroon looks slightly like red and a 2 looks slightly like a 7, but I'm pretty sure you had a .5 second flash in your imagination. She had about 5 seconds to wait for someone to celebrate with her. If you can prove me wrong...kudos. If you can't, I'll stick with the imagination theory.
        I'd like to see ANY video of the game, especially the goals. I saw it on WPTZ Saturday , but have not been able to find the clip anywhere else.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

I hate having to prove myself, as 99.9 % of the time, I end up making someone look bad but...

Had you seen the WPTZ game video recap they ran on TV ( which I have a copy of), you would not have posted the above. For the benefit of those who did not see the video, all three forwards are seen forechecking, deep in Platty zone. And although it is unclear, due to video quality, whether Fortier actually stripped the puck from the Platty D, one can see she was right there in her face. More importantly, Fortier told me personally what actually happened, and I have no reason not to believe her.

So, are you going to be in the press box in Minnesota?... I'd be glad to give you a copy of it there. Meanwhile, may I suggest you get your eyes checked.
          Last edited by hockeydaddy; 03-17-2010, 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I hate having to prove myself, as 99.9 % of the time, I end up making someone look bad but...

Had you seen the WPTZ game video recap they ran on TV ( which I have a copy of), you would not have posted the above. For the benefit of those who did not see the video, all three forwards are seen forechecking, deep in Platty zone. And although it is unclear, due to video quality, whether Fortier actually stripped the puck from the Platty D, one can see she was right there in her face. More importantly, Fortier told me personally what actually happened, and I have no reason not to believe her.

So, are you going to be in the press box in Minnesota?... I'd be glad to give you a copy of it there. Meanwhile, may I suggest you get your eyes checked.
            Spoke with one of the Norwich coaches and he confims this to be the case. Leclerc from Fortin.

Comment

A copy? does that mean you have it and can post it or have it online somewhere? I'd be more than happy to call myself wrong and look at it myself. in the meantime, i'm not so sure I can take two norwich daddies' words for it.

Comment

A copy? does that mean you have it and can post it or have it online somewhere? I'd be more than happy to call myself wrong and look at it myself. in the meantime, i'm not so sure I can take two norwich daddies' words for it.
                First off.....not a "Norwich Daddy". But I do infact see the Women's Coaches quite often and one did tell me that Julie Fortin assisted on this goal. Do not know what else I can tell you and I have no proof other then what the coach told me. You seem very determined that this is not the way it happened. Were you the official scorer for the game or something?

Comment

Originally posted by EQMGR View Post
                  First off.....not a "Norwich Daddy". But I do infact see the Women's Coaches quite often and one did tell me that Julie Fortin assisted on this goal. Do not know what else I can tell you and I have no proof other then what the coach told me. You seem very determined that this is not the way it happened. Were you the official scorer for the game or something?
                  i just want proof that i was wrong in the way it was called. the way we do it, we overrule the refs all the time. we don't go by what they say unless we truly missed a play and then we usually end up hearing from the coaches later on or ask them the way they saw it. we all saw it one way and did not hear otherwise from the coaches. we pride ourselves on being right. I want to see video to know if we were right. If we were wrong, then my apologies for some sarcastic comments I made earlier. If we were right...then i guess my vision doesn't need to be corrected.

Comment

i just want proof that i was wrong in the way it was called. the way we do it, we overrule the refs all the time. we don't go by what they say unless we truly missed a play and then we usually end up hearing from the coaches later on or ask them the way they saw it. we all saw it one way and did not hear otherwise from the coaches. we pride ourselves on being right. I want to see video to know if we were right. If we were wrong, then my apologies for some sarcastic comments I made earlier. If we were right...then i guess my vision doesn't need to be corrected.
                    Well put. As a journalist I'm sure you rely heavily on the "Canons of Journalism" which states "Every news organization has only it's credibility and reputation to rely on."

If journalistic miscues are made..a retraction is required.

In fairness however if there is footage of the alleged incident/non incident as stated, it should be brought forward prior to any retractions being sought or given.

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Bolding and his charges on their win yesterday, good luck to them today in the final.

To the Norwich fans in the lobby after the game....grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                        warned you....

Comment

warned you....
                          Hmm...well, when you only have a few "big wins" in your history to draw from, I guess the parents tend to go overboard with "excitement"...maybe if they win some more "big games" they'll mature and take in stride.

I know one coach who emphasizes..."go in, win, go home, and keep your mouth shut"...maybe Norwich should try this little credo...

It's called "class and sportsmanship"....

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                            Hmm...well, when you only have a few "big wins" in your history to draw from, I guess the parents tend to go overboard with "excitement"...maybe if they win some more "big games" they'll mature and take in stride.

I know one coach who emphasizes..."go in, win, go home, and keep your mouth shut"...maybe Norwich should try this little credo...

It's called "class and sportsmanship"....
                            As a Norwich Alumnus, I apoligize for any real or perceived poor sportsmanship by Norwich fans yesterday. That is not typical of Norwich fans and definitely not in keeping with Norwich tradition nor the wishes of coach Bolding or the administration.

As was said, maybe it was the "never been here before syndrome". Whatever, hopefully it will not become a habit.

We should be gracefully celebrating, the unique circumstance, that it is the 100th anniversary of Norwich Hockey and we have both men and women in the finals. Good luck to all today.

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
                              As a Norwich Alumnus, I apoligize for any real or perceived poor sportsmanship by Norwich fans yesterday. That is not typical of Norwich fans and definitely not in keeping with Norwich tradition nor the wishes of coach Bolding or the administration.

As was said, maybe it was the "never been here before syndrome". Whatever, hopefully it will not become a habit.

We should be gracefully celebrating, the unique circumstance, that it is the 100th anniversary of Norwich Hockey and we have both men and women in the finals. Good luck to all today.
                              Well said...now that's what I'm talkin about! Classy! Good luck to both teams today!

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                                Congratulations to Coach Bolding and his charges on their win yesterday, good luck to them today in the final.

I must have missed what you are referring to. As I went through the lobby after the game I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Thought their fans in the stands were great supporters. Good luck to Norwich in the game today and congrats on a great win yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X