Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell you what... since it's always men talking about abortion, how about chastity devices for men?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

http://www.startribune.com/federal-j...een/451503483/

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the U.S. government to allow an undocumented teenager in their custody to have an abortion, after saying she was “astounded” the Trump administration was trying to prevent the procedure.

Lawyers for Attorney General Jeff Sessions signaled to U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington that the 17-year-old, who crossed the border from Mexico illegally last month, did not have a constitutional right to an elective abortion in federal custody, unless it was a medical emergency.

Chutkan, an Obama administration nominee, said the government appeared to be presenting the teenager identified in court papers as “Jane Doe” with two options: Voluntarily return to a nation she fled to procure an abortion, or carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

“I am astounded by that position,” Chutkan said in a 40-minute hearing that was mostly consumed by a back-and-forth between the judge and Scott Stewart, a deputy assistant attorney general.

She ordered the government to transport the teenager to have the procedure — or allow her guardian to transport her — “promptly and without delay.”
      That's Small Government and Small "c" conservatism at it's finest.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wish the federal judge would issue a decision that reads, in full:

It's the law of the land, you f-cking iron age f-cks. Either change the Constitution or get over it, you fanatical, ignorant saps.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In Pennsylvania...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...html?mobi=true
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Quelle surprise:

The bill did not receive a public hearing featuring testimony from the state’s medical community.
            The mark of sound, intelligent legislation is when you try to rush it through without expert testimony.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Quelle surprise:

The mark of sound, intelligent legislation is when you try to rush it through without expert testimony.
              It has no chance of becoming law since Wolf will veto it. It's a symbolic vote for GOP gubernatorial candidates to run on next year to appeal to the joe's of the world who only care about that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Quelle surprise:

That's every Republican bill for the last 10 years across the entire country. They destroy everything they touch.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Roe: 45 years.

Comment

“Right now, a number of state laws allow a baby to be born from his or her mother’s womb in the ninth month. It is wrong. It has to change."

So...forced C-sections at eight months then?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      “Right now, a number of state laws allow a baby to be born from his or her mother’s womb in the ninth month. It is wrong. It has to change."

"They're RIPPING babies out of vaginas!"

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Oh god I forgot about that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          The ********.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Wait...is that a real quote?
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Wait...is that a real quote?
                              Yes, he gaffed. Twitter was ablaze with it 3 days ago.

Comment

How will this play out?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/satanic-temple-challenges-missouri-s-abortion-law-religious-grounds-n839891
                                Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-24-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X