Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    The WCHA Championship Game, better known as: The game which determines the team to represent the WCHA in the NCAA tourney since the regular season champion isn't getting a bid... again.

Ryan J
    Big 10 needs to lose their autobid for their 6 team conference tourney. Until the games, hope whoever wins runs the table from here on out
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

The rink is sold out, which based on the last two sellouts should mean 4,466 fans in a small room. With drums & horns. & a hockey game.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        The rink is sold out, which based on the last two sellouts should mean 4,466 fans in a small room. With drums & horns. & a hockey game.
        Fire chief looking the other way as more walk in?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          Fire chief looking the other way as more walk in?
          For legal reasons, we don't count those people as fans. They're all "service animals."

... I miss the days of my youth, when one guy bought a ticket and 10 of his buddies waited for him at a certain exit door during warmups. I think they're more vigilantly patrolled now due to budget demands.
          Last edited by geezer; 03-16-2017, 02:36 PM.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

4466. Or in B1G terms, 4x the attendance today at JLA.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              4466. Or in B1G terms, 4x the attendance today at JLA.
              They were lucky if there were 500 people there...

Comment

BG will be in Houghton by noon Friday.
                Luch was a thorn in their side at BG. I think the crowd is going to be amazing and will be the most raucous home crowd most hockey fans have ever seen.

Cannot wait to sit down, open my favorite beverage and watch this game. Go Tech, thanks to Mel and staff for making hockey season so much fun.
                This is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                  They were lucky if there were 500 people there...
                  Hey man we get enough shi....oh hahaha nvm.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    Hey man we get enough shi....oh hahaha nvm.
                    The Joe yesterday at the early game made the Sully look packed...
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Sounds like potentially the best hockey atmosphere right up there with the MN state tourney except probably louder as I expect the arena will be mostly black and gold rather than split. Wish I could be there
                      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                        Sounds like potentially the best hockey atmosphere right up there with the MN state tourney except probably louder as I expect the arena will be mostly black and gold rather than split. Wish I could be there
                        I see Bg flew up to Houghton. I wonder if they flew last weekend as well?
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I see Bg flew up to Houghton. I wonder if they flew last weekend as well?
                          We also get to fly back if we win. If we lose, it's Greyhound...

Pretty sure we bussed to/from Bemidji.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                            We also get to fly back if we win. If we lose, it's Greyhound...

I think you'd have to take a different bus service to Green Bay to even catch a Greyhound. I almost want BGSU to win to avoid that ride. I do hope to see some of your fans in Houghton. They've been awesome.

Comment

They did take the sleeper bus to Bemidji last weekend. 14.5 hour ride.

I was told the difference between the sleeper and RJ charter was made up by some alumni donations.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                                They did take the sleeper bus to Bemidji last weekend. 14.5 hour ride.

I was told the difference between the sleeper and RJ charter was made up by some alumni donations.
                                Back to back road trips to Bemidji and Houghton ought to be great motivation for home ice next year. I get tired just thinking about it. I hope they have jet, I mean prop lag.

Comment

Working...
                                X