Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    (Page 3???) So Notermann looked ok. Someone was telling me he was originally redshirted. I hadn't hear that. Anyone else?
    I thought he looked better than ok given it was his first weekend in the lineup. Nothing earth-shattering but I see a real potential add.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I thought he looked better than ok given it was his first weekend in the lineup. Nothing earth-shattering but I see a real potential add.
      Yeah. I think he was 3rd in scoring last year in the state. didn't look out of place at all.

Comment

He made a few nice plays, but overall I would say his decisions with the puck seemed a bit rushed and he looked like he wasn't entirely comfortable with where he was supposed to be and be moving to. You would think those things would get better the more he plays.

It's tough to really evaluate as he didn't get a lot of playing time. Partly because of all the penalties, but you also saw the lines shuffling around a bit during 5x5 play with Notermann missing some shifts it seemed. So don't know exactly what to make of that.

It's also tough to glean what the plan is moving forward. Listening to Lucia, they plan on using him in the top-9 when he plays. Maybe that changes and he can add a little offense to the 4th line (I know a lot of fans bemoan the lack of production from Ramsey/Romanko but personally I'm not bothered by it. They play their role well in my opinion). But if he stays primarily as a top-9 option, that gives you 3 players (Notermann, Cammy, Reilly) competing for 1 spot, barring injuries. And if that's the case I kind of question how wise it was to burn a year of Notermann's eligibility for effectively 1/3 of half a season.
        Maybe Notermann was expressing an inclination to leave at the break and go play juniors, and the coaching staff worried about losing the commitment. Or maybe the coaching staff really feels he is going to perform to a level that merits him being a regular in the line-up. Or to be more cynical, maybe there was a decision to sacrifice a year of eligibility simply to put more pressure on Cammy and Reilly. Time will tell I guess.

For what it's worth, I thought Cammy played well on Saturday. About midway through the first period UMass transitioned up ice and it was a 4-2 with only Romanko making an effort to get back into the play (both Cammy and Reilly were trailing well behind - not good when you were both healthy scratches the night before). But from then on I tended to notice Cammy when he was out there. A few times just because he got blown up (which I actually see as a positive; a willingness to take hits that he hasn't shown much of before). But he also was blocking a few shots, getting involved down low in the defensive end, made a couple nice passes resulting in scoring opportunities and had a couple really good ones himself even though he failed to finish them.
        Last edited by Stauber1; 01-02-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Watched the the first game (kind of) on my phone Friday while we were at a rehearsal dinner. Just checked the scored on Saturday at the actual wedding.

Glad the team took care of business. Kind of a ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't when you're playing teams that low in the PWR.

Dreaded BYE coming up!!!
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            Dreaded BYE coming up!!!
            With Notre Dame joining the B1G next season, hopefully someday relatively soon after that an eighth team is added so everyone can start league action the same the weekend following the long break.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Might actually drive down for a game. can someone tell me which end (sections) Gophs shoot at twice? I assume that is opposite end from band?

Comment

Might actually drive down for a game. can someone tell me which end (sections) Gophs shoot at twice? I assume that is opposite end from band?
                I assume you're referencing the Michigan series at Mariucci? If so the Gophers attack the students/band end twice.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I assume you're referencing the Michigan series at Mariucci? If so the Gophers attack the students/band end twice.
                  Was thinking Penn State in early Feb. And I don't know which section band is in. I need a number. Tickets remain in some corner sections but prefer end they shoot at twice if possible.

Comment

Was thinking Penn State in early Feb. And I don't know which section band is in. I need a number. Tickets remain in some corner sections but prefer end they shoot at twice if possible.
                    Buy SRO. Go sit in PSU section for a period at most. Find new seat after 2nd period. You're good.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Sections 10-16.
                      Sections 9 & 17 are about the blue line.
                      Sections 11 & 15 about 10-15 rows up are probably the best seats in the house in my opinion (assuming the Goph's aren't getting trounced and spending the majority of the game in their own end....but if that's the case, there are no good seats anywhere)

You won't need to get SRO judging by the recent attendance. If it's just you or you and 1 other, you should be able to find singles on the street for pretty cheap and then pick out spots to sit.

Or go on StubHub. It's showing pairs on that end for about $40 a piece, prices will likely drop considerably the day-of and/or the closer it gets to the game.
                      Last edited by Stauber1; 01-05-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        Sections 10-16.
                        Sections 9 & 17 are about the blue line.
                        Sections 11 & 15 about 10-15 rows up are probably the best seats in the house in my opinion (assuming the Goph's aren't getting trounced and spending the majority of the game in their own end....but if that's the case, there are no good seats anywhere)

You won't need to get SRO judging by the recent attendance. If it's just you or you and 1 other, you should be able to find singles on the street for pretty cheap and then pick out spots to sit.

Or go on StubHub. It's showing pairs on that end for about $40 a piece, prices will likely drop considerably the day-of and/or the closer it gets to the game.
                        Looking to take the family (5) so might be stuck with buying on UM sight? And when I looked, it seemed there were only corners available and was showing no standing room available. Is that right, or do standing room tickets only go on sale closer to the date?

Comment

I don't think they even do SRO anymore for non Whioux games since they know everyone just moves down.

Comment

That's my understanding on SRO as well, but I can't say for sure as I moved out of state last year and haven't been to a game since last November. I'm pretty sure they only offer it when a game is sold out or close to being sold out.

Koho, if you have 5 going and feel the need to all sit together then you will probably have to buy from the U. But you can keep checking StubHub to see if a group of 5 tickets comes up. You might have to be a bit more flexible on what section you sit in. Sections 23, 24, 1 (directly behind Schierhorn for two periods) will offer the best chance of getting 5 seats in a row at a good price.

If you buy from the U I'd recommend doing it at the box office to avoid the ridiculous fees you pay online (would be a significant savings on 5 tickets), but if it's important you get 5 seats together and you see that available in a section you like then you should probably jump on it.
                            Last edited by Stauber1; 01-05-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

The Blue Line Club met at Mariucci today which made for a very worthwhile afternoon. Really enjoyed the locker room tour (awesome!) and seeing the fast-paced drills the coaches put the players through. After the tour and practice Don gave a nice talk, touching on a variety of subjects, and dinner was then served, buffet style. The food from J.D. Hoyt's was delicious and well worth the price of admission alone. It was also fun sitting at a table and conversing with the players.

Great time, and so glad I went.

Comment

Looking to take the family (5) so might be stuck with buying on UM sight? And when I looked, it seemed there were only corners available and was showing no standing room available. Is that right, or do standing room tickets only go on sale closer to the date?
                                I have 5 seats together in Section 22 available for games, were you looking for anything in particular Koho.

Comment

Working...
                                X