• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

https://***********/CHN_AdamWodon/st...86488884105217

Code:
    @CHN_AdamWodon

I got confirmation that LIU-Brooklyn is adding a D-I Women's hockey program for 2019-20 and is looking for a head coach - but has not publicized this fact, and doesn't plan to. Which is really weird IMO.
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

I've never heard of LIU-Brooklyn, but they could come to the CHA and let Lindenwood go where they belong (the WCHA).

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      I've never heard of LIU-Brooklyn, but they could come to the CHA and let Lindenwood go where they belong (the WCHA).
      Blackbirds.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What's interesting to me is that LIU Post is also starting a team, although they're going D2.

This isn't the last bit of "National Collegiate" -level expansion to come.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

They're in the NEC with Robert Morris for other sports, so the CHA would make the most sense.
          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Yes. The WCHA needs another team to fix their awful playoff format.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Yes. The WCHA needs another team to fix their awful playoff format.
              Does Lindenwood have to fly to all their CHA games? How many flights would they have to take if they joined WCHA? Since we’re doing “hockey is a regional sport” today, is OSU joining the CHA? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                Does Lindenwood have to fly to all their CHA games? How many flights would they have to take if they joined WCHA? Since we’re doing “hockey is a regional sport” today, is OSU joining the CHA? ;-)
                Ohio State being in the CHA makes more travel sense than Ohio State being in the WCHA, and Lindenwood can go keep the WCHA playoff format messed up after Ohio State leaves.

Comment

It all makes sense so it is not likely to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                    https://***********/CHN_AdamWodon/st...86488884105217

Code:
                    @CHN_AdamWodon

I got confirmation that LIU-Brooklyn is adding a D-I Women's hockey program for 2019-20 and is looking for a head coach - but has not publicized this fact, and doesn't plan to. Which is really weird IMO.
                    This seems unlikely. Confirmation from whom and why would they not publicize it and how are they going to field a team in 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                      This seems unlikely. Confirmation from whom and why would they not publicize it and how are they going to field a team in 2019?
                      I confirmed it as well with the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I confirmed it as well with the athletic department.
                        Ok I stand corrected. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                          Ok I stand corrected. Very interesting.
                          Oh also -- I was told they're going to "announce" this stuff once they're accepted into a conference. So they're definitely seeking one (as opposed to doing the SHU independent thing). But I also did some digging and was told that as of today there has been no communication between the CHA and LIU Brooklyn. Obviously that could be a lie, and obviously that doesn't mean that there won't be in the future, but that's what I was told.

TBH, LIU Brooklyn to the CHA and Lindenwood to the WCHA makes too much sense not to happen. Lindenwood isn't a trash program; the WCHA should probably think itself lucky that the Lions are going to fall into their lap to solve their NoDak problem.

Comment

There is always the scheduling alliance...
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I wrote this up for TIG with as much detail as I was able to find out (which isn't really all that much but still): https://www.theicegarden.com/2018/6/...m-in-2019-2020

Comment

Working...
                              X