This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

And the atmosphere was decent. Still a pathetic number of students, but Agganis was hopping in the third. (That 6-7 minute stretch when BU owned processions and had a number of grade A chances was awesome.)

I loved Ty Amonte's first goal celebration.

Denver's Power Play is a freakin clinic. I want that!
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Still no answer if Chabot is hurt- Would add some grit
      Also was Hank Crone benched last night or is he also injured
      Great game but we need more scorers- having 7 scholarship defensemen is a liability not a positive
      Can never complain when players leave early and play immediately in NHL
      Tory Terry of Denver and Fabbro fit that description right now

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        Still no answer if Chabot is hurt- Would add some grit
        Also was Hank Crone benched last night or is he also injured
        Great game but we need more scorers- having 7 scholarship defensemen is a liability not a positive
        Can never complain when players leave early and play immediately in NHL
        Tory Terry of Denver and Fabbro fit that description right now
        Crone isn't injured. Quinn said in pre-game comments on radio that he decided to go with Cockerill and that Crone would be back in the line-up.
        Clear mistakes by freshman Ds on first and third DU goals. Was anyone else surprised that MacLeod wasn't in the line-up?
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Denver's Power Play is a freakin clinic. I want that!
          Until last night they were 2-for-13 (15%) and struggling. Still, I get it - watching them out here it's incredible to see them NOT score when you consider the talent on their first unit of Gambrell, Terry, Borgstrom, Finley and Mitchell. Though it looks like the jumbled the units with Staub being the beneficiary. I guess the balance will give them a better two minutes rather than an electric 45 seconds...

I wouldn't be too concerned about losing to DU, early in the season, with the talent they return. Difference between DU and BU is Keller, JFK and Bellows left while DU returned ALL their flight risks. Terry, Gambrell and Borgstrom might be the three best forwards in college hockey right now. It's unbelievable they all returned - and when they play together, looking for a late goal, it's going to look like a lot of people are standing around...

If you lose to UNH in a couple of weeks, I'll come back and you can complain to your hearts content! DU is a force. If you hung with them, that means you're a contender...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Amonte's pure joy at scoring is what college athletics is supposed to be all about. Loved the show of emotion and energy.
            Having the name Amonte and wearing #3 on the jersey is a lot of weight for anyone to carry. He is not his father, but let's hope there are a lot good things ahead for him.

Tkachuk has yet to register a goal (he could have, if he didn't pass to Bowers with an open net against Union), but he looks like he is about to burst out at any moment.

I would like to see what Cockerill could do on a top-two line. He skates, he hits he plays with energy. Crone got the chance, why not him?
            Crone will be fine. I am thinking he will eventually be another Hohman.

Should we start a "Cloonan Scores" pool? Maybe tonight?

Still no word if Chabot is injured.

Where are the students? The three sections opposite the band side were practically empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Where are the students? The three sections opposite the band side were practically empty.
              There were actually a few rows worth of students on that side for the UConn game but it has been many years since there has been any sizeable contingent of students on that side except for a BC game.

Comment

No free live stream tonight. PC PayPerView. Also Cox Cable.
                And some changes to the lines
                Harper-Carpenter-Curry
                Tkachuk-Bowers-Crone
                Greenway-Cloonan-Amonte
                Cockerill-Melanson-Olsson
                Last edited by Rogie21; 10-28-2017, 04:42 PM.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  No free live stream tonight. PC PayPerView. Also Cox Cable.
                  And some changes to the lines
                  Harper-Carpenter-Curry
                  Tkachuk-Bowers-Crone
                  Greenway-Cloonan-Amonte
                  Cockerill-Melanson-Olsson
                  Constant juggle. I wonder if they had won last night if the juggle would have been this severe. At some point, he's gotta start settling on some consistent combo's right?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Constant juggle. I wonder if they had won last night if the juggle would have been this severe. At some point, he's gotta start settling on some consistent combo's right?
                    Seems like Quinn loves to contantly tinker with the lines. I realize he needs to find the right fit, but I also think linemates need some familiarity with each other. I mean, I like Curry, but does anyone else think he is going to be a long-term 1st line forward? (maybe temporary switch with Greenway for his half-assed stick poke during DU's winning goal?)
                    Last edited by Tater; 10-28-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Not saying the three Freshmen D are the problem, but they haven't been good. Play Diffley and MaCleod please. They both played every game as Freshmen on the Eichel team in 2015 and were good.

Comment

This team needs to get its head out of its ***** soon!

BU 3-4-1
                        UML 3-5-0
                        BC 1-5-1

UNH 5-1-1

oof

Comment

Well that was unpleasant.

Comment

so a loss it was, mookie can assume.....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              It'll be a huge test of Quinn to see if he can get them mentally recentered to play PC tomorrow night.
                              The grades are in. They got an F.

BU Hockey: Underachievers
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                The grades are in. They got an F.

BU Hockey: Underachievers
                                Unfortunately true. A troubling part of Quinn's teams has been their inability to bounce back from some tough losses.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X