Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State vs Bowling Green - That team not quite up North!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State vs Bowling Green - That team not quite up North!

Just got home from the game, still energized from that last period. What a great finish!
    Let's go Bucks and get the sweep tomorrow!

Comment

Very nice win for the Buckeyes tonight. They showed a lot of grit once again coming back from a 2 goal 3rd period deficit for the 2nd time in 3 games. I thought Tomkins was very good all night long. He had almost no chance on any of the 3 PPG's that BG had.

Comment

We still gave up goals by getting penalties. People were saying well it's because they're calling interference differently now.
        I say no. Yes we did get called for that twice but we had SIX additional penalties of mixed variety!
        We HAVE to stop committing so many penalties or we will simply give very winnable games away!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          We still gave up goals by getting penalties. People were saying well it's because they're calling interference differently now.
          I say no. Yes we did get called for that twice but we had SIX additional penalties of mixed variety!
          We HAVE to stop committing so many penalties or we will simply give very winnable games away!!
          They arent going to stop calling it tight so teams better adjust to it and learn to kill the darn penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            They arent going to stop calling it tight so teams better adjust to it and learn to kill the darn penalties.
            They will stop calling it tight. By the end of the season, the game will be right back where it was. They've already shown signs of "letting them play."

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
              They will stop calling it tight. By the end of the season, the game will be right back where it was. They've already shown signs of "letting them play."
              I spoke to one of the OSU players who didn't play at Miami. He said they got a video at the beginning of the year about how penalties would be called much tighter. He said teams just need to adjust. Most teams already are. I wouldn't expect the refs to change what they're doing anytime soon.
              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                I spoke to one of the OSU players who didn't play at Miami. He said they got a video at the beginning of the year about how penalties would be called much tighter. He said teams just need to adjust. Most teams already are. I wouldn't expect the refs to change what they're doing anytime soon.
                So are you saying they're calling ALL penalties tighter or just interference?
                A BG fan last night simply had the opinion that WCHA refs were as bad or worse than the CCHA refs were! LOL!!

Comment

In summary I'd say BG played with more intensity on their home ice as did we.
                  BG's lone goal came on an opportunity caused by 3 of our players being slow & indecisive on making a line change and the fresh players couldn't catch up to the play that came back in our zone.
                  I hope the 6-1 of tonight's score and the weekend sweep gets some recognition in next weeks polls!

Comment

With the number of returning starters on this team I was optimistic for a good season. With the contributions so far from two freshmen (Hein and Lacynski) and one transfer (Joyeaux) that optimism has only increased. Maybe that bandwagon I see coming around the corner will finally put some butts in the seats of the Schottenstein Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                      Maybe that bandwagon I see coming around the corner will finally put some butts in the seats of the Schottenstein Center.
                      Could be, if word of how well we're doing gets out there. Student section was pretty threadbare as most were no doubt somewhere that they could watch the football game.
                      But hey, at least the hockey team is undefeated so get to the games!

Comment

Working...
                      X